Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Button's stylistic comparison for Newhook was a center version of Rakell at the draft. I don't know if that fits but I'd certainly take it if he becomes a similar player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
UNO had a real impressive last week. Shutout St Cloud, then beat Duluth in a shootout. Decent chance they are in the top 10 this week. They close out the pre-Christmas games tonight against Colorado College. Weiss has been on the top line with Primeau and Ward, and he's producing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
UNO had a real impressive last week. Shutout St Cloud, then beat Duluth in a shootout. Decent chance they are in the top 10 this week. They close out the pre-Christmas games tonight against Colorado College. Weiss has been on the top line with Primeau and Ward, and he's producing.
He was always a proper playmaker, but I still want to see a bit more goalscoring ability from him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He was always a proper playmaker, but I still want to see a bit more goalscoring ability from him.

His shot is a muffin and he has some Kerfoot in his game where he always defers. On a side note, I'd like the Avs to take a run at Primeau. He has take some strong steps forward over the past two seasons and looks like a guy who could be a NHLer right away.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
His shot is a muffin and he has some Kerfoot in his game where he always defers. On a side note, I'd like the Avs to take a run at Primeau. He has take some strong steps forward over the past two seasons and looks like a guy who could be a NHLer right away.
Grant Cruikshank at eliteprospects.com
Jordan Kawaguchi at eliteprospects.com

Those are two I would consider before Primeau IMO, plus they wouldn't cost a draft pick since we're down a lot of them for the next couple of years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I like Kawaguchi, but I don't really see NHLer in him. He's worth a risk to see if his skating translates well enough, and he should be a real solid AHL player and top 6 guy there.

Cruikshank is an interesting fellow... he was hyped in his early years, partially due to his parents. Got snuffed by USNTDP and just kinda stagnated especially after his injury in his +1 year. Then hasn't really done anything to gain back any hype. His skating is high, high end though and that alone makes him tempting. I could see him becoming a role player who builds a career as a PK center. He's never going to have the skill to be a in a top 9 slot though. So PK/role player or AHL depth for him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like Kawaguchi, but I don't really see NHLer in him. He's worth a risk to see if his skating translates well enough, and he should be a real solid AHL player and top 6 guy there.

Cruikshank is an interesting fellow... he was hyped in his early years, partially due to his parents. Got snuffed by USNTDP and just kinda stagnated especially after his injury in his +1 year. Then hasn't really done anything to gain back any hype. His skating is high, high end though and that alone makes him tempting. I could see him becoming a role player who builds a career as a PK center. He's never going to have the skill to be a in a top 9 slot though. So PK/role player or AHL depth for him.
I didn't realise Primeau was that old, I thought he was around his cousins age and that would've costed a draft pick at least. That family is weird though, Keith family plays for America and the other half in Wayne plays for Canada.

I mentioned Cruikshank because he's the only reason why CC currently has an above .500 record. I agree he won't be a top end producer in the NHL, will probably cool a bit, and I actually think Kawaguchi has more offensive potential, however, he's showing the offence needed to get further up in the world.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Watching that Foudy goal again, and holy crap are those uniforms awful between the dots/snowflakes(?) and all the ads. They even have logos on the shins and the back of the thigh.

Please don't let it get anywhere near that bad NHL.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Love the shiftiness from Newhook. You know who else opens up their hips like this to fake people out?

upload_2020-12-26_19-42-4.gif

Reactions: Psycho Mantis

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

The team is half players drafted either by us or Minnesota.

Nice to see Ambrosio still in a top six role with Newhook back. Looks like they don't want to break Newhook and Body up, but it's good that he's getting himself opportunities early.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Watched the game aside from about 8 minutes of the 2nd.

Helleson was amazing. There’s a new found confidence in his game. Constantly jumping up in the play, holding onto the puck. He almost went end to end to win it in OT.

Newhook had an assist and seemed to be creating offense most shifts but he had a lot of fumbles and turnovers. Curious how healthy he is. He’s flying around and working like an animal but he definitely doesn’t have his regular hands and poise.

Ambrosio was great. Really knows how to create space and really knows how to get open when he isn’t the puck carrier. He gets his nose dirty too. One of the better players on the ice.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Someone body slammed Newhook onto his shoulder in the second. He was feeling it but stayed in. That game was not a defensive masterpiece for anyone. Idk if it was rust or crappy ice or what.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Watched the game aside from about 8 minutes of the 2nd.

Helleson was amazing. There’s a new found confidence in his game. Constantly jumping up in the play, holding onto the puck. He almost went end to end to win it in OT.

Newhook had an assist and seemed to be creating offense most shifts but he had a lot of fumbles and turnovers. Curious how healthy he is. He’s flying around and working like an animal but he definitely doesn’t have his regular hands and poise.

Ambrosio was great. Really knows how to create space and really knows how to get open when he isn’t the puck carrier. He gets his nose dirty too. One of the better players on the ice.
Thanks for the update.

How did you watch that game/who was showing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->