Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO

Great interview. Very likable kid. Dare I say his demeanor reminds me of someone :sarcasm:

upload_2020-10-26_17-22-26.png

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Some WCHA teams released their schedule today, wonder when BC is finally able to get it going

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Barron, Byram, and Newhook will be a part of the camp.

I thought they were going to get the Rogers Place and Marriott treatment like the NHL bubble but nope, they're in Red Deer for a month.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Barron, Byram, and Newhook will be a part of the camp.

I thought they were going to get the Rogers Place and Marriott treatment like the NHL bubble but nope, they're in Red Deer for a month.

This is fantastic news.

It gives the players 28 games of high-intensity practice and they'll also get some high-level scrimmages as well.

Reactions: MarkT and Foppa2118

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Lets see if Newhook will get the special team Canada treatment for those who do not play in Canadian major junior leagues.

He could be among the best players in camp and still not make the cut, nobody should be surprised.

Reactions: AvsCOL

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
I'd bet that Newhook-Krebs-Cozens is already pencilled in to be one of Canada's top forward lines, barring something crazy happening at the camp. I'll be more interested in seeing if he can grab a PP1 spot.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lets see if Newhook will get the special team Canada treatment for those who do not play in Canadian major junior leagues.

He could be among the best players in camp and still not make the cut, nobody should be surprised.

Nah, he is definitely making it this year.

He was a lot closer to the bubble last year to where.it was somewhat justified to not select him.

This year is a different story. Not only will he make the team, he is going to be one of the most important guys on that team as well.

Reactions: Barklez

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dach playing for Canada is awesome. I hope Hughes, Lafreniere, Kakko etc all play to make this an all time tournament.

@S E P H its early but why don’t you get a WJC thread going since there will be lots of selection camp news and unlike every other year, no NHL news to talk about.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dach playing for Canada is awesome. I hope Hughes, Lafreniere, Kakko etc all play to make this an all time tournament.

@S E P H its early but why don’t you get a WJC thread going since there will be lots of selection camp news and unlike every other year, no NHL news to talk about.
I was thinking of also making the NHL draft as well since NHLCSS recently released their "Who to watch" list as well. I'll do it either later today or tomorrow, getting a bit busy for the rest of the day.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Man if there's no NHL at the time and all these guys are joining the tournament it's going to be the biggest and most watched WJC of all time. Imagine the hype.

Laf vs Hughes.

Reactions: MarkT

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Man if there's no NHL at the time and all these guys are joining the tournament it's going to be the biggest and most watched WJC of all time. Imagine the hype.

Laf vs Hughes.
And even though they both played last year, Askarov vs Knight with how they’ve grown over the last year will have to be an all time goalie duel too.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya Byram and Drysdale are going to play all kinds of minutes for that team.

Canada looks pretty weak on the Right Side honestly behind Drysdale. And only 5 RHD guys selected to the team as well. Barron may only need to beat out 1 or 2 RHD to earn a spot on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad