Prospect Info: 2020-21 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Not only does Pronman have Makar, Hughes, and Heiskanen ranked outside his top-10, he also has them a full tier below the other group.
upload_2020-10-22_10-13-59.gif

Reactions: The Kingslayer

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Yes, well over 20.

Internal budgets are something else entirely and quite frankly don't matter at all. If they expanded to 25 player rosters teams wouldn't be required to have a 25 team roster it would just give them the option.

But fact is at least 20 teams could quite easily run a 25 team roster if they wanted too.
Name 20+ teams so we can all see how wrong you are.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would rather prefer us send Byram to Russia to play in KHL, preferably on one of the top KHL team instead of Sweden. Sign a one year contract in the KHL and then come back to play for the Avs as soon as KHL playoffs are over.

Apparently they were reluctant to let Kaut play in a league close to home so it seems unlikely but you never know if they can't find a better option. I doubt they'd send their 19 year old 4th overall pick to Russia during a pandemic though.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Apparently they were reluctant to let Kaut play in a league close to home so it seems unlikely but you never know if they can't find a better option. I doubt they'd send their 19 year old 4th overall pick to Russia during a pandemic though.
I'm sure the CHL wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm sure the CHL wouldn't have a problem with that either.

We don't know for certain if the CHL will even be playing games.

Good news Bowen, you can play and continue to develop in......Saskatchewan?

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
We don't know for certain if the CHL will even be playing games.

Good news Bowen, you can play and continue to develop in......Saskatchewan?

Yeah, I'm aware, it's just that the CHL is very rigid when it comes to this. Same as NCAA.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I can't the whole CHL not playing this year. It will probably be more limited in the Dub, but a number of the franchises in the Dub and OHL can't financially survive without a season. If this season was wiped out completely, we'd probably see 4-5 franchises sold for pennies on the dollar and another 6-8 fold within the CHL.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
From our local newspaper
On the plus side, captain Justin Barron should be ready to play his first game of the year and that will give the team a huge boost. The fourth-year defenceman missed the first six games after having a minor corrective procedure on his shoulder in September.
"We're 99 per cent sure he'll be playing Friday and Saturday," Russell said. "He's been in great shape for six months so it's not like he's been out with an injury that's kept him from training. He's been able to skate and work out so he should be ready to play regularly."

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That was a great move by Kovalenko to open up his stick for the pass. Some soft defense though.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO

Using Google Translate the paragraph at your link translates to this:

Modo has had major problems and is at the bottom of the Hockeyallsvenskan.
Then you look to pick up a 21-year-old forward talent from the Czech Republic.
According to ÖA, Modo borrows Martin Kaut from the Colorado Avalanche.

According to Örnsköldsviks Allehanda, the 21-year-old Czech will be loaned to Modo from the Colorado Avalanche organization and will join the team next week.

I do not comment on players who do not belong to our organization, says Modo's sports director Fredrik Glader to the newspaper.

In an interview with hockeysverige.se last Friday, Glader opened to pick up loans from either the SHL or the AHL to strengthen the back side after both Tobias Viklund and Tommy Enström suffered injuries.

Now they instead seem to point to the forward side with Kaut.

The Czech was drafted in the first round of the Colorado Avalanche 2018 and has since played 97 AHL games and nine NHL games. Last season, Kaut also scored his first NHL goal.

Martin Kaut has also played two JVMs for the Czech Republic. This season, the 21-year-old has started at home and played four matches with Dynamo Pardubice in the Czech league. Any loan to Modo would be valid until the new NHL season kicks off.

Reactions: Foppa2118

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So obviously this is a lower league and it isn't as important, but my brother plays university hockey in Ontario and it's been confirmed that the season is officially cancelled. This came just after a month ago where they were planning on a January start date. I wouldn't say this is indicative of the OHL or other leagues following suit, but something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad