Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Might be the first time in awhile we didn't have a single player on the board.

Surprised they don't consider Quick or Carter, but then again it's probably unlikely they'll be moved. Probably the only other attractive name who could be a trade option if he remains unsigned is Alex Iafallo. Low cost forward who can provide offense. I think the Kings probably try to lock him up somewhere between a 3-5 year deal at $4.5M or so.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Also, no way Doughty would accept a trade to Winnipeg.

Drew has always been a Canada guy after being a King. Going by his public comments, he seems unhappy that he no longer appears in the list of top defenders when the players are polled.

Going to a Canadian market would definitely boost his press. And no dis respect to Cal, but playing in front of the reigning Vezina winner should boost Doughtys stats. Also, his wife is from Canada, so it’s not like he has family reasons to stay in LA.

If you look at the Canadian teams, only the Jets, Habs and Sens can afford to take on Doughty. Of those three, the Jets are the best pick. Some might say Edmonton is a player, but I don’t think they would trade him to a team in the same division.

Token

May 15, 2019
Surprised they don't consider Quick or Carter, but then again it's probably unlikely they'll be moved. Probably the only other attractive name who could be a trade option if he remains unsigned is Alex Iafallo. Low cost forward who can provide offense. I think the Kings probably try to lock him up somewhere between a 3-5 year deal at $4.5M or so.
It’s funny tho ... Quick and Carter actually may be the most tradable assets we have, not by virtue or merit of their game, but the back-sliding contracts that pay way less than the AAV.

Let’s face it, we paid Lewis $2M per season and we got Carter for two more years at the same payroll and at ~ 20 goals he is still just fine on the wing.

Reactions: BringTheReign

legitarita19

Oct 1, 2020
I really think LA should go after Josh Anderson. Yes, he's coming off an injury but he's unlike a lot of other players in the league. 20 goal scorer. Will fight anyone in the league and plays fast and rough. If you can get him for one of the second rounders and a B prospect, I'd pull that off. 26 years old and could probably be re-signed for less than $3 million, which is a fair number even though LA is not in dire cap straits.

Reactions: RocketKing

legitarita19

Oct 1, 2020
Dude, I am all about Josh Anderson.

Imagine how Anderson would look on either side of Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Madden, or JAD. Stud.

Just adds an element that LA hasn't had in awhile. Another comparable is Alex Killorn. You really would want a guy like that in your lineup. Keeps the other team at bay. He's a season removed from 27 goals. Since LA is going to start playing a faster style with T Mac, he'd be a great addition. I think a second and someone like Markus Phillips would get it done. You can easily find a replacement for Phillips in the same round of this draft.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Trade a decent prospect or pick for Gost or sign Krug to a crazy contract that he's expecting? I'd prefer the trade route because Gost has a good chance to bounce back and you're not out much if he doesn't. The Krug contract is going to be regrettable in 3-4 years....

legitarita19

Oct 1, 2020
If you are going to trade for a left defenseman, it's going to be a RFA type situation or a legitimate hockey trade. Sure you can sign one but the pool isn't extremely deep this year and you don't want to take on a term contract beyond 3-4 years for sure. Who knows who you are going to pick up in this draft than could be close to Bjornfot in terms of playing ability.
If you look at Tampa's defense, they have two outstanding defensemen and the remainder are very good support folks. 3 of them were rehab projects in Shattenkirk, Bogo and Schenn. The skill up front and the goaltender was what brought them to the forefront. Dallas is similar in the backend but not quite there. Heiskanen is a #1, Klingberg is a very good # 2 and the rest are good support but no standouts.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Could either of Roy or Walker play on their off side as a LD? If one could, would offer sheeting Cernak be an option?

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

Edmonton really threw away 2nd round picks for 13 games and now he is headed to free agency.

Don't know too much about him, but I do know he is 26 and had 30 goals a season ago. Anyone know much about him? Would he fit in LA?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Drew has always been a Canada guy after being a King. Going by his public comments, he seems unhappy that he no longer appears in the list of top defenders when the players are polled.

Going to a Canadian market would definitely boost his press. And no dis respect to Cal, but playing in front of the reigning Vezina winner should boost Doughtys stats. Also, his wife is from Canada, so it’s not like he has family reasons to stay in LA.

If you look at the Canadian teams, only the Jets, Habs and Sens can afford to take on Doughty. Of those three, the Jets are the best pick. Some might say Edmonton is a player, but I don’t think they would trade him to a team in the same division.
Drew Doughty is not being traded per management.

Reactions: go4hockey

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
From what others are saying, he is a one dimensional player that only plays a 90 ft. game. there will be lots of blown coverages and gaffes on the defensive end.

The kings don't have the team makeup to shelter someone like that. I think that's going to be a drag on the development of all the rookies he plays with.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Might be the only dude in the league who can keep up with Wagner and he'd fit right in with the 6'0 squad we're assembling. Wouldn't mind it for the right price but someone will overpay.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Just reading the Sergachev thread on the trade rumors board. There was a proposal in the thread for Sergachev and Cirelli for the #1 pick.

got me thinking. I know I am super high on Sergachev. 22 year old top 10 pick developed properly and en route to a number 1 Dman. He is a left shot with size and offensive skill and has an edge to his game. Exactly what we need.

Cirelli is a 23 year old center with a great two way game. Perfect 3rd line center for us.

Now we could end up with a game breaker or a Kopitar clone in a few years with our #2. It’s the shiny new toy in the box. They also may pan out to be 60 point a year players

if Tampa offered me those 2 young guys for the 2 I take it. The two are proven and will assist the team in the Kopitar, Brown, Quick year was well as in the future with the newer guys like Turcotte, Roy, Kaliyev etc.

I truly do believe that Sergachev will be a number one defenseman in this league and if he were in the draft this year and developed to the point he was I think he would compete for top spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad