Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
A lot of teams copying the Blues and Blots and building big D corps. Montreal copying.

Kings have Doughty, Roy, Walker, and Anderson. MacDermid is the only beef. They better add someone else with size. No one in that top 4 is scaring any forwards.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Yeah, we need a bruiser. Someone good enough to be a regular like Greene was. the bruiser can't be our best player so Byfield shouldn't fill that role. Don't want a top player doing that task and spending time in the penalty box all the time. Other teams would just try to provoke stupid roughing/checking penalties.

If there was a chance at a Gudas type, I'd look into getting him. But Gudas is a RHD.

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
That reminds me on when I was listening to the latest Steve Dangle Podcast and how they mentioned that what Toronto needs is a defensemen that can be a "problem" to the other teams and they know they don't have that kind of player right now. Someone that on the blue line that can be irritating to play against. A lot of teams would want that kind of player on their side.

Last edited:

Token

May 15, 2019
Yeah, we need a bruiser. Someone good enough to be a regular like Greene was. the bruiser can't be our best player so Byfield shouldn't fill that role. Don't want a top player doing that task and spending time in the penalty box all the time. Other teams would just try to provoke stupid roughing/checking penalties.

If there was a chance at a Gudas type, I'd look into getting him. But Gudas is a RHD.
You do know we have a few “large” prospects, Lee and Sodergran, Strand ...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I admit I am not as familiar with the full prospect pool. Will any be ready soon?

I think I'd break into years. I consider Vilardi and Grundstrom graduated to the NHL.

<1 to NHL
JAD (C/W)
Fagemo( W) (sleeper pick to make the team imo)
Clague (LD/RD)
Bjornfot( LD)
Anderson (LD)

1-2
Turcotte (C)
Kaliyev (RW)
Kupari (C/W)
Byfield (C)/Stutzle (C/W)

2+
Thomas (C/W)
Madden (C/W)
Durzi (RD)
Dudas (C)
Spence (RD)
Hults (LD)

Now obviously they are not all going to make the team at the exact same time, but for the most part I think this is where most of the prospects are at right now.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Not this years pick, to much upside to trade for a guy the Kings are going to have to pay, who while insanely talented has some risk associated with him. How about Turcotte, our 2nd this year, and our 1st next year?

If you add Laine, does the 1st next year have a lot of value today? We're pretty much all assuming they'll be better next year anyway, even if just slightly. More games from Petersen(assuming he plays as well as he looked in the few games he got last year), Vilardi every night, maybe whoever they pick in a couple days, maybe a free agent signing, whatever. If you add 30+ goals to that, how good is the pick in 2021?

Plus it's not like the Jets are rebuilding. Their captain is 34 with an $8m cap hit for the next 4 years. They're wasting a lot of money if they don't get it going. You can't even do Laine for a couple solid but cheaper players, in the Visnovsky for Stoll/Greene mold. The Kings don't really have anyone that fits that bill. Maybe a trio of Iafallo/Kempe/Walker is the closest the Kings can get, but I can't imagine that combo gets you Laine.

I would guess it's next to impossible for the Kings to get Laine without the #2 pick.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That's why I think Brendan Dillon would be a good fit.

I'm ready to spend some capital on defense. I'd move Vegas 2nd + Calgary 4th for Zadorov and then offer sheet Sergachev 5 years @ 7.5m AAV or move Kempe, Bjornfot, 2021 1st for Sergachev + Johnson. Then flip Johnson with some retention to Minnesota for Greenway + Addison

Sergachev--Doughty
Anderson--Roy
Zadorov--Walker

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Just got an alert the Kings acquired Olli Maatta from the Hawks for Brad Morrison. I’m assuming there could be more to this deal for the Kings taking on over $4 million in salary for the next 2 years?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Just got an alert the Kings acquired Olli Maatta from the Hawks for Brad Morrison. I’m assuming there could be more to this deal for the Kings taking on over $4 million in salary for the next 2 years?

Doesn't sound like it, the Hawks had to clear some space to sign a few RFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad