Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I am dumb enough to post on the main boards. Randy is straight gangsta. One of the major bright spots

Frankly I’m insulted @Randy Butternubs has called me out given the advice I’ve given him on visiting San Diego.

But I digress. It is probably a shit deal for LA if you guys are happy just weathering the rest of Quick’s contract as a lifer. Probably makes the most sense.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
No. I grew up in PA as a Pittsburgh fan in the early 90s so I hate baseball.
ok, we can continue. Since you live here and aren't a Padres fan you are welcome here.

Randy attacked your proposal not you.
The proposal did literally nothing for the Kings. We have the most cap space in the league and don't need to shed salary or molt.
The Kings needs are more prospect depth and D and G. f*** it we will take E as well. We will also accept Phil's bbq

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
With the injuries, short season, and where we stand, we are obviously not making the playoffs. It’s time to use this season to bring up the kids and see what they have to offer. It might be too early now- let Byfield, Turcotte etc get some AHL games in, but in a month let’s bring them up and give them a lot of minutes with the goal of them being full time next year.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
With the injuries, short season, and where we stand, we are obviously not making the playoffs. It’s time to use this season to bring up the kids and see what they have to offer. It might be too early now- let Byfield, Turcotte etc get some AHL games in, but in a month let’s bring them up and give them a lot of minutes with the goal of them being full time next year.
I think we should give a lot of the Reign players a taste and see how they respond . Strand has been better than I though he would be.

Reactions: Reaper45 and funky

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
ok, we can continue. Since you live here and aren't a Padres fan you are welcome here.

Randy attacked your proposal not you.
The proposal did literally nothing for the Kings. We have the most cap space in the league and don't need to shed salary or molt.
The Kings needs are more prospect depth and D and G. f*** it we will take E as well. We will also accept Phil's bbq

To be fair, I'm sure I've personally attacked him a multitude of times.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
actually being crappy is perfect timing for the Kings and Blake. No fans...so no worries with management over lack of attendance, etc. with the crappy team. 2020 & 2021 seasons are the perfect timing for Kings to be bottom 5. Get those top picks and be ready to make the turn soon.
The problem is that you lose general interest. So when fans do return (next season), will be good enough at that time and have the non-crazy hockey fanatics interest? Probably not. So he will have his work cut out for himself next season trying to generate fan interest, season-tix, game-day ticket sales, etc. I could envision a big name trade this off-season to help such -- if ownership pushes on the rebuild timeline.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

There has to be room on the roster for them. You don't waive a handful of guys just to bring up a handful of kids. Even Vilardi isn't getting a ton of minutes, and he's a couple years older than most of the prospects we care about.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
sounds to me like a bad bruise.

I say we unleash the ghost of Herb Brooks on him

If it's the ribs - which it looks like he took a slapper to the ribs where there is no padding - that can potentially be pretty tricky to come back from. Probably not easy to breathe rn.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah i'm 90% sure that was on the forearm near the elbow

not here to say i told you so yet cause swelling can mask a lot of shit but i'm glad it's probably not serious, watching this team ice a straight up AHL D corps would be painful

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I am relieved it's not appearing to be that serious.

We're not winning anything this season. Sit him to make sure he's 100%.

Token

May 15, 2019
I am relieved it's not appearing to be that serious.

We're not winning anything this season. Sit him to make sure he's 100%.
I’d sit him to see what the kids can do without his pompous azz on the ice.

Dude is a legend in his own mind clinging to the expired “best by date”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig