Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
61577352.jpg
you said HAND....:sarcasm:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
That aligns similar to back from 2003 to 2008, starting with drafting Brown and ending with Doughty, followed by making the playoffs in 2010 after a dry stretch.

It's def. not gonna happen over night, that's for sure. Is it a rebuild or a rebuild on the fly like The Hawks and The Rangers? Who knows.

What matters is that we start to chip away at cultivating that winning culture, and if Dean Lombardi's past experience has taught us anything, it's that drafting well matters but also trading or acquiring the right players at the right time are paramount.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Pens fan here. And I actually came here before I saw that article that @Chazz Reinhold posted about LA having the best prospects pool.

Someone on our board suggested that it's time to find and start grooming a top 6 center to replace Sid and Geno. And I'm sure plenty others were thinking it. While I'm sure Byfield is untouchable, what would the Kings be looking for in a trade to acquire him?

Slightly more realistically, what about for Alex Turcotte?

I'm sure the Pens don't have what you'd be interested in, but I'm curious. With a new Pens GM looming, there's probably not many untouchables on Pittsburgh's roster.

Also, looking like the Pens need a veteran goalie...

To chime in late, I think we're at a points where we say come back in a year or two. By then we all have a better handle on what we have and where we can afford to part with talent.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Another Pens fan. As I’ve watched the goaltending situation play out, I keep thinking Quick is going to end up in PIT.

Now with Hextall and Burke and his US association, I feel like it is inevitable.

Would LA take Matheson for Quick?

I hope not. It is nice to have Quick as a vet backup/1B. We are really thin in net if something happens to Pettersson.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Another Pens fan. As I’ve watched the goaltending situation play out, I keep thinking Quick is going to end up in PIT.

Now with Hextall and Burke and his US association, I feel like it is inevitable.

...why?

Because my gut instinct is 'hell no'

I don't mind moving Quick, but what in the world does Matheson do for LA

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I really don't think the Kings are in any rush to get rid of Quick. We have enough cap space that he isn't hurting us, his salary has gone down a lot so he isn't hurting us financially, and his play has improved this year despite what the stats might say. I think he has more value to us here than he would in a trade if I'm being honest.

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
With Doughty most likely out long term with an injury does Blake make a trade for a depth dman or does he ice the following D:

Clauge-Anderson
Maata-MacD
Alt-Strand/Bjornfot/Brickley or whomever else is deemed worthy

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I was just thinking of cap dump for cap dump.

Matheson:
5 years left
$4.875m hit
$28.5m in salary

Quick:
2 years left
$5.8m hit
$5.5m in salary

You're going to have to add something in that proposal. That's $23m more dollars the Kings have to invest in under covid. The Pens are the desperate team in this equation, with the player with the far worse contract.

Quick's also going to be exposed for Seattle, so one of the Pens goalies has to come back, but that's just for roster purposes, it doesn't add value to negate Matheson's salary. So keep adding.

With Doughty most likely out long term with an injury does Blake make a trade for a depth dman or does he ice the following D:

Clauge-Anderson
Maata-MacD
Alt-Strand/Bjornfot/Brickley or whomever else is deemed worthy

Keep the asset. Unless you can get a rental for future considerations.

Reactions: Schrute farms

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Screw it. We are almost 25% through the season. The team isn’t a playoff team. Let the kids get their feet wet and see what we have. There may be some postponed games in our future due to other teams being shut down. Doughty isn’t gone yet. One of Roy or Walker should be back in the next couple of weeks hopefully. Clague looks okay, Maatta looked better. Get Bjornfot a few games.

no need to sign anyone that has over a years left on their contract. Hope to stay healthy, maybe try and flip a player or two at the deadline and draft that stud Dman we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad