Parts Unknown
Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Jun 30, 2006
Boucher saved that deal from being horrible. Kings made a mistake of not signing him when he became a UFA.

Kings had a terrible owner, development staff, terrible infrastructure, terrible hockey ops etc. org was in a place to where good players weren’t good. We didn’t know who we had and who was being shipping out.

We’ve had many good defenseman that rolled through Los Angeles in the 90s. Could have had a good top 4-5, developed Storr correctly and would have been set up for success better.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings had a terrible owner, development staff, terrible infrastructure, terrible hockey ops etc. org was in a place to where good players weren’t good. We didn’t know who we had and who was being shipping out.

We’ve had many good defenseman that rolled through Los Angeles in the 90s. Could have had a good top 4-5, developed Storr correctly and would have been set up for success better.

Wasn't one of the first things Lombardi did was revamp the entire training facility? I remember that being a big point of emphasis: if the team doesn't have the best place to train, the team won't train to be the best. Even as a kid, I remember the old West Valley Iceoplex where the Kings practiced being grimy (although I was pretty young then, so I might be mistaken that they practiced there during the season... I mostly just remember preseason stuff there).

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Wasn't one of the first things Lombardi did was revamp the entire training facility? I remember that being a big point of emphasis: if the team doesn't have the best place to train, the team won't train to be the best. Even as a kid, I remember the old West Valley Iceoplex where the Kings practiced being grimy (although I was pretty young then, so I might be mistaken that they practiced there during the season... I mostly just remember preseason stuff there).

Yup. This was at TSC. A new player lounge and a state of the art training facility / gym on the upper floor that had a roof that at the press of a button opened to expose the heavens. Pretty sick.

I dont remember exactly what year this was when they broke ground, but I attributed it to being a product of winning the cup/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad