Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's the going price for Amadio?

You mean what do we pay you?

Edit: really though I'm saddest about Amadio's stagnation and regression. I was high on him coming out of juniors. He could probably still play on an NHL squad, he's got a good mind for the game, but his other tools are just so meh. Nick Shore again. I thought he'd be more with how good he was at puck theft on the boards, Mark Stone Jr., but that part of his game has evaporated and while he's always in good spots he's just five feet away from the play at all times like he's allergic to other humans and has an inexplicable tendency to make soft cross passes at the blueline.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Edit: really though I'm saddest about Amadio's stagnation and regression. I was high on him coming out of juniors. He could probably still play on an NHL squad, he's got a good mind for the game, but his other tools are just so meh. Nick Shore again. I thought he'd be more with how good he was at puck theft on the boards, Mark Stone Jr., but that part of his game has evaporated and while he's always in good spots he's just five feet away from the play at all times like he's allergic to other humans and has an inexplicable tendency to make soft cross passes at the blueline.

Yeah, I talk a lot of shit about Amadio, but I was one of his biggest proponents a couple years ago. He was shifty, played pretty solid defense, and showed a lot of offense in juniors. If anything, he's gotten worse since then. It's been super disappointing watching him take several steps backwards these past few years. At one point, I think we even had possible 2C upside for him. Here we are though, watching him Nick Shore himself off the roster.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Thanks yet again for the responses.

do you have any used pucks available?

I personally do not have any used pucks in my house. Maybe if I head back to my parents place I can find some.

Mid round pick or an expendable d prospect is my guess.

The Penguins have a 2nd and 5th in this upcoming draft. I suspect they'll want to hold on to those. But I don't know how Hextall functions or what he's like as a GM. But I do suspect the Pens to accumulate picks and prospects before the trade deadline.

I guess the expendable D prospect would be better for both sides at this point? The Pens are more than likely willing to trade Almari, Airola, Lindgren, Phillips, or Palojarvi. I'd rank Lindgren the best/my favorite of those. Not like those players are high ceiling players though.

One last final thought, would a Jankowski + 7th + one of those D prospects for Amadio be acceptable? Pens would likely have to get rid of a roster player in the trade. Jankowski is on a league minimum deal and will be an RFA at the end of the season.

Well, good thing the Kings have the best prospect pool then. ;) I wonder what's going on upstairs in Amadio's head if that part of his game just went away.

If the Pens do acquire him I'd be looking to play him on a revamped 4th line.

Amadio has talent but he is just too slow.

Slow skating or slow reacting? If he's just slow skating he could still work with the appropriate line mates. Nick Bonino is slow skating but he sure as heck worked on the Penguins.

Yeah, I talk a lot of shit about Amadio, but I was one of his biggest proponents a couple years ago. He was shifty, played pretty solid defense, and showed a lot of offense in juniors. If anything, he's gotten worse since then. It's been super disappointing watching him take several steps backwards these past few years. At one point, I think we even had possible 2C upside for him. Here we are though, watching him Nick Shore himself off the roster.

Really sounds mental at this point and maybe a change of scenery could help him out. It doesn't look like he's been injured, right? Well... that'd change if he came to the Pens...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thanks yet again for the responses.

I personally do not have any used pucks in my house. Maybe if I head back to my parents place I can find some.

The Penguins have a 2nd and 5th in this upcoming draft. I suspect they'll want to hold on to those. But I don't know how Hextall functions or what he's like as a GM. But I do suspect the Pens to accumulate picks and prospects before the trade deadline.

I guess the expendable D prospect would be better for both sides at this point? The Pens are more than likely willing to trade Almari, Airola, Lindgren, Phillips, or Palojarvi. I'd rank Lindgren the best/my favorite of those. Not like those players are high ceiling players though.

One last final thought, would a Jankowski + 7th + one of those D prospects for Amadio be acceptable? Pens would likely have to get rid of a roster player in the trade. Jankowski is on a league minimum deal and will be an RFA at the end of the season.

Well, good thing the Kings have the best prospect pool then. ;) I wonder what's going on upstairs in Amadio's head if that part of his game just went away.

If the Pens do acquire him I'd be looking to play him on a revamped 4th line.

Slow skating or slow reacting? If he's just slow skating he could still work with the appropriate line mates. Nick Bonino is slow skating but he sure as heck worked on the Penguins.

Really sounds mental at this point and maybe a change of scenery could help him out. It doesn't look like he's been injured, right? Well... that'd change if he came to the Pens...

I think if you just want him as a 4th line guy he could be excellent. He's not TOTALLY bereft of offense and while he's not physical or fast he's stout defensively--hence the Nick Shore comparison. We used to call him the tan crayon because he was so god damn boring but he was an absolute event black hole for both teams--so if you just need to hold the fort he's your dude.

Hell it this point he could probably just be had for a pick since we are getting close to contract slot concerns.

Just scrolling down the Pens prospect list and whoa forgot about Addison, awesome for you guys, especially with PO Joseph emerging. I don't see any other D prospects that would really fit the bill and I know those guys aren't going anywhere!

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I think if you just want him as a 4th line guy he could be excellent. He's not TOTALLY bereft of offense and while he's not physical or fast he's stout defensively--hence the Nick Shore comparison. We used to call him the tan crayon because he was so god damn boring but he was an absolute event black hole for both teams--so if you just need to hold the fort he's your dude.

Hell it this point he could probably just be had for a pick since we are getting close to contract slot concerns.

Just scrolling down the Pens prospect list and whoa forgot about Addison, awesome for you guys, especially with PO Joseph emerging. I don't see any other D prospects that would really fit the bill and I know those guys aren't going anywhere!

They traded Addison and a first for Jason Zucker. :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

nQIF70m.gif

Doesn't help that Addison went into camp looking like this:

1295409336.0.jpg

Reactions: kilowatt

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
JAD just made Amadio expendable and when Lizotte comes back it’s really over.

And they have been grooming JAD specifically for this moment. The staff has been very careful with his development. He's got wheels and tenacity and both of his goals were scored from the slot. He's not just floating around the perimeter like Amadio does, who has become allergic to contact.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Boucher took 6 years to develop into a good d-man after this trade and then immediately signed with a division rival and became a borderline star d-man (no pun intended). Just to add some salt to it.

Speaking of Boucher, Pretty crazy that when the Kings brought Boucher back after the Blake trade he was almost 28 years old, he had been a total bust and was playing for Manitoba in old IHL. 16 months later he was signing a pretty big FA contract with Dallas and would later go on to play in an all-star game at age 34.

Talk about a late bloomer.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingsFan7824

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Boucher took 6 years to develop into a good d-man after this trade and then immediately signed with a division rival and became a borderline star d-man (no pun intended). Just to add some salt to it.

Speaking of Boucher, Pretty crazy that when the Kings brought Boucher back after the Blake trade he was almost 28 years old, he had been a total bust and was playing for Manitoba in old IHL. 16 months later he was signing a pretty big FA contract with Dallas and would later go on to play in an all-star game at age 34.

Talk about a late bloomer.

Injuries really delayed his arrival as a top 3-4 dman, and of course when he hits his stride and reaches his prime, the Kings lowballed him and played hardball just like every other upcoming free agent they negotiated with.

Kevin Gilmore was the absolute worst. He was the clown responsible for a lot of the contract negotiations.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Injuries really delayed his arrival as a top 3-4 dman, and of course when he hits his stride and reaches his prime, the Kings lowballed him and played hardball just like every other upcoming free agent they negotiated with.

Kevin Gilmore was the absolute worst. He was the clown responsible for a lot of the contract negotiations.

In fairness to the Kings, Boucher was pretty awful his entire career. He was free for anyone to claim on waivers multiple times in the late 90's into early 00's.

Boucher suddenly becoming a top 4 d-man was a pretty big reason the Kings had good teams in 00/01 and 01/02

Reactions: KingsFan7824
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad