Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Is Alt our #1 dman now? Or McDermid?

Strand, Clague, and Anderson were all out killing the empty net situation. Honestly, it was pretty cool to see the young guys out there playing a big role trying to fight for a win. I would like to see Durzi called up to flesh out the D if Dewey is going to be out. I think Alt is a good guy to have on the taxi squad, but seeing the young kids play is more important. Either that or trade for a Dman.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

KYASwShZ_400x400.jpg

You guys miss me!? :naughty:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Strand, Clague, and Anderson were all out killing the empty net situation. Honestly, it was pretty cool to see the young guys out there playing a big role trying to fight for a win. I would like to see Durzi called up to flesh out the D if Dewey is going to be out. I think Alt is a good guy to have on the taxi squad, but seeing the young kids play is more important. Either that or trade for a Dman.

I watched a few of the Reign games over the weekend. Having not seen Durzi before, I was not impressed. Brickley is the better player and it's not very close. I understand a RHD and LHD, but in terms of RHD available, Durzi is far behind Strand and Alt IMO.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If Doughty is okay and Roy comes back soon, we might not have to see Maatta or Alt suit up again.

Bjornfot - Doughty
Clague - Roy
Anderson - Strand

What makes you think Bjornfot is going to be on the big club based on how the Kings have handled him so far? They do not want to burn a year off of the ELC so they can maybe win two more NHL games this season. He probably gets the seven games or whatever it is this season but it is highly unlikely he's a regular at any point.

I've been known to rag on Hoven--mainly because I hate people calling him "The Mayor"--but he has been pretty locked in on what the plan is for the franchise. It was said a long time ago that they are looking for another high draft pick and all of Blake's actions--or inaction--completely support this. Of course Blake said the goal was playoffs and they would gladly take it if it happened since that would mean major leaps from the young guys drafted in 2017 and earlier but they aren't looking to do so at the expense of burning ECL years on the 2018 and '19 draft picks. More high picks just gives even more ammunition to to make a move for proven talent as well.

Perfect time to do this as well since they don't have to worry about ticket sales. They already lost the super casual fans prior to this year but the ones that follow along are going to be excited to see these '18 and '19 draftees next season. Winning will then bring the super casual back into the fold.

I think I'm reading it right on CapFriendly that the Kings actual dollars spent this year is $51MM. AEG has to like that. He then buys additional cheap years for all of these '18 and '19 draftees.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I watched a few of the Reign games over the weekend. Having not seen Durzi before, I was not impressed. Brickley is the better player and it's not very close. I understand a RHD and LHD, but in terms of RHD available, Durzi is far behind Strand and Alt IMO.

Brickley has looked like the best Reign d man to me from the two games vs HSN. I worry about his foot speed, but his awareness / poise and stick handling stood out during game play.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Imagine losing all 3 of your right-handed defensemen in 11 days. Good grief.
You're right -- it's crazy and sucks. But let's be honest -- does it even matter with this Kings team? I'd be pissing red if we were a contender right now like 2012-2016. But the current Kings team...they are going to the lottery this year and that's it.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Any update on AA? It's been 2 weeks I think, is his still locked up in Minessota?

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

Agreed. Durzi looked pretty bad in the first game vs HSK, but did look better in the 2nd game. The one thing I did like about his game is that he at least scrummed it up a little bit. Other than Imama, that Reign team is Charmin ultra soft though I guess Eyssimont and Sutter bring a little bit of grit as well.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Just shows how tough these guys are. He's a gamer.

If that happened to me, I'd be curled up in a ball screaming for my mommy.

In terms of toughness, I think it was Tony Granato years ago during the playoffs that took a stick in the mouth that shaved off half of some of his teeth exposing the roots. He didn't want to come out of the game so he just played the rest of it sucking in cold air on those roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad