Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
f***ers trying to cool Tyce down.
They have until March 7th to make this game up, but I don't know if they will. UConn and Providence will probably face each other in the quarterfinals being #4 and #5 in Hockey East. If they do play and Providence wins it could reverse the teams positions and give the Friars home ice, but it might not with this season's HEPI format.

2021 Hockey East Men's Tournament - Hockey East Association

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
What is now interesting is ranking the Devils defense prospects. I feel this is where we could see numerous lists. I have it as follows.

Tier 1
1.) Mukhamadullin
2.) Okhotiuk

This is so much closer than I ever expected it to be. While Okhotiuk doesn't have the offensive potential of Mukhamadullin, I see a tremendous modern day shutdown defensmen whose skating ability will allow him to chip in offensively when given the chance. Mukhamadullin is remarkably raw and I've touched on his game enough.

Tier 2
3.) Kevin Bahl
4.) Daniil Misyul

I could possibly move Daniil Misyul down based on his contract status but for the time being I won't. He really impressed me at the WJC last year as a two way defensmen. Great skater who moved the puck quickly, was extremely strong defensively and has the ability to end plays quite quickly with his size and strength. Kevin Bahl appears to be a 10 year 2nd/3rd pair defensmen that kills penalties. He doesn't have much of a ceiling.

Tier 3
5.) Reilly Walsh
6.) Michael Vukojevic

Walsh was on my shit list after two pro games coming from NCAA. 3rd game Reilly got his legs moving, he skated the puck tremendously and appears to have atleast the legs of Smith. His shot would already put him atop the Devils defense. Vukojevic...what vision he has at the blueline. His skating hasn't quite caught up some of his offensive instincts. He has deceptive moves at the line to either open up lanes or create time. If he improves his skating he could be a sneaky 5 on 5 point producer.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I thought Vukojevic was more of a defense-first player with the potential for some small offensive contributions...?

Reactions: SYWTom

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You better hope he doesn't have their hockey sense :laugh::laugh:
Hey now, Shaone Morrisonn played for Croatia in the 2018-19 WC and I’ve heard of him.

Morrisonn was born in Vancouver and is one of the two only Croatian NHLer listed on Elite Prospects but he counts. (Borna Rendulic is the other, who was undrafted and got about ~15 NHL games most with Colorado.)

Vukojevic is just listed as Canadian.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
What is now interesting is ranking the Devils defense prospects. I feel this is where we could see numerous lists. I have it as follows.

Tier 1
1.) Mukhamadullin
2.) Okhotiuk

This is so much closer than I ever expected it to be. While Okhotiuk doesn't have the offensive potential of Mukhamadullin, I see a tremendous modern day shutdown defensmen whose skating ability will allow him to chip in offensively when given the chance. Mukhamadullin is remarkably raw and I've touched on his game enough.

Tier 2
3.) Kevin Bahl
4.) Daniil Misyul

I could possibly move Daniil Misyul down based on his contract status but for the time being I won't. He really impressed me at the WJC last year as a two way defensmen. Great skater who moved the puck quickly, was extremely strong defensively and has the ability to end plays quite quickly with his size and strength. Kevin Bahl appears to be a 10 year 2nd/3rd pair defensmen that kills penalties. He doesn't have much of a ceiling.

Tier 3
5.) Reilly Walsh
6.) Michael Vukojevic

Walsh was on my shit list after two pro games coming from NCAA. 3rd game Reilly got his legs moving, he skated the puck tremendously and appears to have atleast the legs of Smith. His shot would already put him atop the Devils defense. Vukojevic...what vision he has at the blueline. His skating hasn't quite caught up some of his offensive instincts. He has deceptive moves at the line to either open up lanes or create time. If he improves his skating he could be a sneaky 5 on 5 point producer.
Depending on how we do this season and where we pick in the draft I want another high end Dman in the system. Adding another one will hopefully help round out the roster so we can compete for the cup again. Every team to win the cup latley has strong depth on D.

devilsthrowaway

Feb 16, 2021
Hey now, Shaone Morrisonn played for Croatia in the 2018-19 WC and I’ve heard of him.

Morrisonn was born in Vancouver and is one of the two only Croatian NHLer listed on Elite Prospects but he counts. (Borna Rendulic is the other, who was undrafted and got about ~15 NHL games most with Colorado.)

Vukojevic is just listed as Canadian.

Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Joe Sakic, and Frank Mahovlich ain't half bad either

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Joe Sakic, and Frank Mahovlich ain't half bad either
I was only speaking in terms of being from or officially playing for Croatia rather than the 23andme sense. Those guys are Canadian in the same way that Alex Galchenyuk is American. Even though his parents are Belarusian (I think both are), he was born Wisconsin and the US is the national team he played for.

I get it though since I’m half Latvian, you’re always looking out for connections. And that’s even though Latvia is WILDLY successful in international play*.

*for a nation it’s size.

Reactions: devilsthrowaway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: