Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nobody said he sucks, if 14 points in 11 games your "I told you so moment" then i dont know what to tell you. He may score at 2 PPG the rest of the way and it will be a OK season for a 19 year old.

I know your criticism was that you didn’t see great passing or playmaking but 8 goals in 11 games is pretty good all the same.

Reactions: MichaelJ

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’ve never been disappointed watching him. I think he could be the perfect complement to Nico.

Mercer is underrated, I'll scream it from the rooftops if I have to. He impacts the game in a litany of ways, every single shift. He can play in any line, in any situation and at wing or center. He is a dual-threat who can shoot and pass with great acuity. His hands are an elite skill, which is the perfect compliment to his tremendous compete level along the boards and in tight to the crease -- we saw this during the WJC, how it almost seems like he's a magnet for the puck down low.

Mercer is the rare player whose contributions will not be limited to the scoresheet, but they are also going to be on the scoresheet. We can say the same about Nico Hischier. These are players to build around, and players the Devils will win with in the future.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Nobody said he sucks, if 14 points in 11 games your "I told you so moment" then i dont know what to tell you. He may score at 2 PPG the rest of the way and it will be a OK season for a 19 year old.

It more wondering how someone could look at his QMJHL “season” that at the time, which consisted of 5 games that were played over a month [10/2, 10/4, 10/10, 10/11 & 11/3] and then the 4 games after WJC [1/22, 1/24, 1/30 & 1/31] and feel like that it’s was enough raw production to make broad judgements about Mercer.

The lost playing time for prospects is brutal and you can’t make 9 games the equivalent of a full season. We don’t have that much data work with, 9 games is a length of a streak not a season. Everything is a bit of an unknown.

Reactions: Guadana

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It more wondering how someone could look at his QMJHL “season” that at the time, which consisted of 5 games that were played over a month [10/2, 10/4, 10/10, 10/11 & 11/3] and then the 4 games after WJC [1/22, 1/24, 1/30 & 1/31] and feel like that it’s was enough raw production to make broad judgements about Mercer.

The lost playing time for prospects is brutal and you can’t make 9 games the equivalent of a full season. We don’t have that much data work with, 9 games is a length of a streak not a season. Everything is a bit of an unknown.
Very easily, you look at his point totals as a 19 year old in the QMJHL. This isn't rocket science. Produce or don't produce. If you don't put up points people will always question why. Do people not realize this is a conversation we had with McLeod at a 19 year old? I'm always asking why, it doesn't mean i think he's bad. I pumped his tires all wjc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->