Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Shakir played 12:47 for UFA today and was the only one with total empty stat sheet (no goals, assist, blocked shots, hits,...).

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Shakir played 12:47 for UFA today and was the only one with total empty stat sheet (no goals, assist, blocked shots, hits,...).
Yeah, and other players listed for that tournament starting in Sweden on February 11 are playing with their KHL teams as well. Maybe it’s a shorter quarantine? I don’t know how it’s works so... **shrug**

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I just finished watching every shift by Shlaine. He showed a good speed burst once but his skating could stand to improve. It is a very violent stride which a lot of movement in his upper body. He is amazing on faceoffs, he won 7 of 8 clean with the other his winger geting a clean shot off a tieup. You can see he has good puck skills and good puck distribution. I didn't get to see his shot much but one thing I noticed is that he has 45 shots in 16 games, he has a 2.2 sh%. If he had 18% shooting percentage he would be a PPG player as an 18 year old freshman on the 2nd line/2nd PP.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That article was right.
Which article?

I’m going to take a wild guess though and say Wheeler’s prospect overview. He said Thompson was more of a playmaker than a shooter despite the goals last season. An assistant coach discussed playing him at center, which was likely to reduce his numbers especially with Dugan gone, but it doesn’t reflect on him as a player and he’s “the type of kid you build a program around”. (Kept his points down until today lol.)

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PROSPECT WATCH: Thompson Poised to Break Out

"I didn't stop (growing) until I was about 25," said the Bridgeport Sound Tigers head coach, who is the father of Devils prospect Tyce Thompson. "I think you'll see the same (with Tyce)."

“Brent and Linda Thompson's elder son, Tage, a winger with the Buffalo Sabres, was drafted five years ago by the St. Louis Blues. Tage was 6'5" back then. The Sabres now list him as 6'7".

Part of the reason Tyce Thompson went through the draft twice was because at 18 he was just 5'10".”

————————

Tyce does become a more interesting prospect if you knew he would be 6’3” or 6’4” two years from now.

No this article about Tyce being poised to have a breakout season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Since cherry picking stats is what we do best. Here is Shlaine's stats the last 6 games.

6 games, 1 goal, 6 assists, 16 shots, 63.5% faceoff

when it comes to prospects there may be some validity to it. He’s maybe “getting it” and the past isn’t the issue. It’s what he can do going forward. And his stats show a fairly well rounded player. Shots playmaking and face offs. That’s impressive from a low round pick.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Voting Page for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award

1) You can vote for Tyce Thompson once every day!

2) You will become confused when you see there’s a nominee named Blake Pietila listed next to Thompson.

Ok, I became confused but we drafted a Blake Pietila in 2011 and how many Blake Pietilas are there in hockey? This one’s a goalie though.

Reactions: Tao Jones

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Shakir again with empty stat sheet in just over 12 min.
It is quite hard to put up points in a the KHL as a young player and especially as a defensmen. Look at Romanov's stats as an 18 or 19 year old. It's quite possible that his point totals drop next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany