Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Why does that sound like something Nico might say?

1986 Mets - The sun is coming up we have a World Series game in 12 hours, guess I better snort four tons of cocaine off this hooker's ass.

2020 Devils prospects - I've already been drafted in the first round, already had a good WJC, I'm probably making the team, and the Devils will give me a long look at camp no matter what happens in the tournament. Oh gosh, 7 PM already? Time for a workout and a healthy meal, and then it's beddie bukes for me!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
You will be happy to know that Graeme Clarke was playing center last night after Cozens went down. This likely contributed to his not so great numbers. I am surprised how effective a passer he is. It was something I really didn't expect. Reminded me a bit of Marcus Johansson.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Corey Pronman was asked if Devils fans should be excited by Sharangovich’s goal scoring in the KHL this season.

Pronman said normally it wouldn’t be a big change in outlook but Pronman thinks his skating looks much improved, which raises his prospects.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Man, out of all the prospects I would have expected be playing this well, I would not have expected it to be a guy who was drafted as a 20 year old Belarusian double overager who had one relatively below average KHL season in the books before being drafted to us. That is a ridiculous find in the 5th round, props to the scouting team for that one.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Man, out of all the prospects I would have expected be playing this well, I would not have expected it to be a guy who was drafted as a 20 year old Belarusian double overager who had one relatively below average KHL season in the books before being drafted to us. That is a ridiculous find in the 5th round, props to the scouting team for that one.

The thing to remember about Sharangovich's 2017-18 KHL season is that it really isn't below-average for his age - he was 2nd in the KHL in U20 scoring behind Eeli Tolvanen and was the only other forward to score 10+ points. I think Elliotte Friedman wrote very briefly about him in 31 Thoughts before the 2018 NHL Draft.

We should not be that surprised that Sharangovich has a high floor. We should be surprised just how quickly it appears he is approaching his ceiling, though.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Is there some explanation for why he only has 2 assists?

Like, is this a shooting percentage thing? I admit I haven’t followed him very closely.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Is there some explanation for why he only has 2 assists?

Like, is this a shooting percentage thing? I admit I haven’t followed him very closely.

because

I watched some of his games. Watched his today game. He is hard worker. With good shot. I don`t see great playmaking potential here, anyway i see a Coleman type in him more than in any of other njd young player. Sharangovich is fast. The nature of his game is to be in the fight for the puck and win it, make a short pass after. Or roll on the net by himself. He is not a shooter like Palmieri, he scores exactly like Coleman did in devils uniform. And what i especially like in his game - deflection isn`t alien to him.

PLKDnYIDK2A.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The assist thing is still odd, it’s never this lopsided before and he’s playing center. @Guadana should be able to answer to this mystery a lot more but just looking at the line-ups from box scores he doesn’t play with a lot of goal scorers.

[edit: I said here that @Guadana could comment further and I only just now realize that you, @Guadana, actually wrote the post I responded to which makes that a weird thing to say. Sorry for any confusion. In my defense you quoted yourself and I’m easily confused as I enter my twilight years.]

He plays ~17 minutes on what listed as the 2nd line with Prince, who has 9 goals, but the other forwards listed as playing with them on their line have few (Martynov with 2 goals) or none (the injured Pare and Lodnia). I don’t know how bad these goalless players are or what the issue is but that will contribute to a lack of assists.

Din. Minsk results - Hockey, Belarus

Last edited:
Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
The assist thing is still odd, it’s never this lopsided before and he’s playing center. @Guadana should be able to answer to this mystery a lot more but just looking at the line-ups from box scores he doesn’t play with a lot of goal scorers.

[edit: I said here that @Guadana could comment further and I only just now realize that you, @Guadana, actually wrote the post I responded to which makes that a weird thing to say. Sorry for any confusion. In my defense you quoted yourself and I’m easily confused as I enter my twilight years.]

He plays ~17 minutes on what listed as the 2nd line with Prince, who has 9 goals, but the other forwards listed as playing with them on their line have few (Martynov with 2 goals) or none (the injured Pare and Lodnia). I don’t know how bad these goalless players are or what the issue is but that will contribute to a lack of assists.

He play 2nd and even 3rd line center. Play a lot in PK. I can be wrong but on my eye test he starting in d-zone more than in o-zone. His line play simple with high temp. They don't play holding the puck, they play quick passes, shots, forchek. It looks like his game should be well translate in the NHL.
And assists in the KHL are considered differently. I didn't spend time to understand why, but I'm often surprised when hockey players are left without scoring passes.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

That could be reversing cause and effect a bit, though. If Sharangovich is a tunnel vision sort of player, maybe those guys are getting open and he's not finding them. That said, I don't think his NHL future, if he has any, is as a top 9 forward.

Reactions: Guttersniped

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Seen every Penn State game to start the year and Talvitie looks completely disinterested out on the ice. Not the most promising start after such a trying year for the kid. Hope he can bounce back in time.

Reactions: Guadana

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Seen every Penn State game to start the year and Talvitie looks completely disinterested out on the ice. Not the most promising start after such a trying year for the kid. Hope he can bounce back in time.

Yes. I agree completely. It’s been hard to watch and see him sort of go robotically up and down the middle of the ice. He was really terrible at the dot at first and I think upped his effort a bit there at least. The whole team looked a bit off the first two games before finally waking up. Hopefully he picks up the pace. It doesn’t make sense he’d be worse than before his injury in terms of effort level and stick skills and shooting and positioning but he looks run of the mill to my eyes. We will see but right now he has lost his luster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad