NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
After 47:56 of crying, the refs finally get tired of Lowry and toss him.
Not ‘the refs’, it was Natalie Sago - the referee hired for her gender not merit. Privileged softball player that can’t seem to remove emotion from her decision making, and I’ve only seen her a few times.

Raptors didn’t deserve to win and Lowry talks too much, but that referee is an embarrassment to the league.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
After 47:56 of crying, the refs finally get tired of Lowry and toss him.
I respect his talent and what he has done for the Raptors but I can't think of a bigger whiner/flopper in the NBA. It's embarrassing to watch, kind of wish the officials would send a message more often.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not ‘the refs’, it was Natalie Sago - the referee hired for her gender not merit. Privileged softball player that can’t seem to remove emotion from her decision making, and I’ve only seen her a few times.

Raptors didn’t deserve to win and Lowry talks too much, but that referee is an embarrassment to the league.
f*** off with posts like this. You don’t get handed a job as a ref for your gender and you don’t get tossed out by one ref. You’re an asshole for this post.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I dunno about all of that, but she didn’t have a great game last night.

I respect his talent and what he has done for the Raptors but I can't think of a bigger whiner/flopper in the NBA. It's embarrassing to watch, kind of wish the officials would send a message more often.
His mouth didn’t stop moving the entire game. It was like watching Boogie in his Sac days.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thought he already had 1 but Tyrese Haliburton got his 1st double double with 10 points and 11 assists. He was 4 rebounds away from a triple double.
He’s been close a handful of times.

His stats are almost icing. The effort he brings on both ends makes the team better even if he doesn’t get the points, rebounds, or assists directly.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How long before Doncic wants out?
I guess we'll see how quickly the Mavs can make moves to make him happy. Cuban loves Carlisle beyond measure, but Rick hasn't won a playoff round since the title, and that was ten years ago.

The real problem is the Mavs went all in on Porzingis, and KP just f***ing sucks. Dude is always hurt or recovering from injury or playing through injury. He was a bad investment. The problem is the Mavs tied up what looks like a decade's worth of draft picks for the roster they gave now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I guess we'll see how quickly the Mavs can make moves to make him happy. Cuban loves Carlisle beyond measure, but Rick hasn't won a playoff round since the title, and that was ten years ago.

The real problem is the Mavs went all in on Porzingis, and KP just f***ing sucks. Dude is always hurt or recovering from injury or playing through injury. He was a bad investment. The problem is the Mavs tied up what looks like a decade's worth of draft picks for the roster they gave now.

It's roster built to go nowhere. Finney Smith, Hardaway Jr etc all good role players. I think Doncic is the best player in the NBA but there's only so far 1 guy can take you.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It would be nice if refs actually started calling blatant fouls on Fox. I think he’s earned at least the clear calls ffs

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
It's still early in the season, but which team are you most surprised that they're in a playoff/play-in spot, based on their roster?

Cleveland, New York, Memphis or some other team?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm going to enjoy picking in that 7-9 range more than I ever have this season. Crazy what having a structured team that guys can develop on, does to change things.

Randle has ZBo'd before we've traded him away for scraps, and become an Allstar in front of our eyes...and a legitimate point-forward. Float-master Quickley has been a revelation; whether he fits in as a PG, SG, or 6th man, in the long run. Robinson has learned to stay on the court so he can anchor a high-end defense. Knox is still far from a good NBA player, but his progress makes me hope he can turn into a useful rotation guy in the Bertans mold.

Obi hasn't played enough to get a grade yet, but despite the things that clearly need work (lower-body strength, handle & shot), the flashes of what he could become are really interesting. As he's a really good passer & smart kid, to go with the length & verticality...hopefully Taj is spending as much time teaching Obi as he is preparing himself to play lol...while his defense hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I had feared it would be. Like Toppin, Ntilikina just hasn't been on the court enough, though in the brief time he did get before his injury the shooting progress looked real & his defense was still there...as was his tendency to be over-aggressive & foul too much...

And then there's Rowan Barrett Jr; whose 3ball is still not there, but if it arrives next season, he'll join Julius at the Allstar game. Very good around the rim, as well as from the midrange with these new mechanics, he has massively improved from the FT line...and is also well on his way to becoming a highend defender; who shows very good intelligence as a playmaker and whom we are running more & more PnRs through over these past ~10 games that he's really been playing great.

Those two 4-game slumps early are still killing his %s, but he's taken a big step this season and with his drive & intelligence, he's easy to bet on continuing to improve & should become a great leader for our locker-room...whether we end up bringing someone better than him, in, or not.

Over the last 10 games RJ has put up:
20.2 ppg, 51.4% fg's, 45.2% 3pt fg's, 83.3% ft's, 5.2 rpg, 3.1 apg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad