NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Re: The Ratings

The overall product the NBA is putting out just isn't that great. If you like offense then you'll love it but if I wanted to watch dudes chuck up 3 after 3 then I could go watch a YMCA pickup game or something.
It's really dull when most of the guys don't give a shit. Someone jacks up a 3, his other 4 teammates jog to the other end of the floor as soon as it leaves his hand. Plus the officiating breaks given to these small scoring guards is nauseating.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Basketball Hall of Very Good. Paul Pierce should get in and Bosh is boarderline but Wallace and Webber?

:huh:

Wallace was the best defensive player of his era/the mid 2000s.... dude was almost unbeatable in the post.

As for Webber, he arguably has a better case than Pierce. He made 1 first NBA team, three 2nd teams and one 3rd... vs Pierce's single 2nd team and 3 third teams. I personally find him overrated at times. had he had the same career elsewhere (minus the ring) there wouldn't be nearly as much talk around him.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
:huh:

Wallace was the best defensive player of his era/the mid 2000s.... dude was almost unbeatable in the post.

As for Webber, he arguably has a better case than Pierce. He made 1 first NBA team, three 2nd teams and one 3rd... vs Pierce's single 2nd team and 3 third teams. I personally find him overrated at times. had he had the same career elsewhere (minus the ring) there wouldn't be nearly as much talk around him.

Pierce led his team to a championship and was the MVP. In my point of view personal accolades are very important when being selected to the hall.

Ben Wallace should get in over Weber based on accolades alone. He also has a championahip.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Luke Walton returning for 3rd season in Sacramento.

from nbcsports.com:

Kings coach Luke Walton was "very confident " when he spoke to the Sacramento media over the weekend about his job security.

We now know why.

According to a league source, Walton will return as coach of the Kings for a third season after finishing the 2020-21 campaign strong with a 9-7 record over the final 16 games, despite illness and injuries to most of his rotation.

The source confirmed that Walton’s relationship with general manager Monte McNair and his front office was a big reason for Walton getting another season to turn things around for a franchise that has now missed the NBA Playoffs for 15 consecutive years.

Walton told NBC Sports California on Monday that he looks forward to helping the Kings end that drought.

“I appreciate my working relationship with Monte, and I am excited to continue on this journey," Walton told NBC Sports California. "I understand that every aspect of our team must be better, and this offseason is the time to take that next step.”

Full story: Source: Walton to return for third season as Kings' coach

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pierce led his team to a championship and was the MVP. In my point of view personal accolades are very important when being selected to the hall.

Ben Wallace should get in over Weber based on accolades alone. He also has a championahip.

Pierce may have been MVP but lets not act like he carried the team or "led" them. He had the DPOY & MVP runner up in KG + another star in Ray Allen.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
dave joerger got the kings closer to the playoffs than any other coach since 06 and they fired him

amazing how walton continues finding work based off his interim stint on the record setting warriors team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->