NBA 2020-21 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
no finals rematch?

who the f*ck wants to see pelicans vs heat? should've had the mavs face the bucks instead of the warriors

Heat vs. Sixers would've made more sense but they must've really wanted Zion on Christmas.

I think LeBron vs. Luka is a great match up for the primetime game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Heat vs. Sixers would've made more sense but they must've really wanted Zion on Christmas.

I think LeBron vs. Luka is a great match up for the primetime game.
i really don't get the NBA's obsession with zion. from how hard they tried getting the pels into the playoffs last season to now giving them a xmas day game

makes absolutely no sense

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Can't be mad at that. Lots of interesting storylines in the first game with Durant and Curry's return from injuries, Durant vs. his old team, first game Durant and Kyrie play together, Wiseman's debut, etc. Clippers/Lakers is also one of the best match ups on paper and they had a couple of good games last season.

Reactions: saska sault

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Can't be mad at that. Lots of interesting storylines in the first game with Durant and Curry's return from injuries, Durant vs. his old team, first game Durant and Kyrie play together, Wiseman's debut, etc. Clippers/Lakers is also one of the best match ups on paper and they had a couple of good games last season.

Hopefully the Clippers/Lakers goes like last year’s opening day matchup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

ESPN reported the Rockets are willing to get uncomfortable with Harden. Lets see just how uncomfortable he makes things to try and get out.

Sep 19, 2008
can't believe preseason already starts friday

lakers literally won the title 2 months ago :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
i really don't get the NBA's obsession with zion. from how hard they tried getting the pels into the playoffs last season to now giving them a xmas day game

makes absolutely no sense
He's arguably the most hyped prospect to be drafted since LeBron James. A lot of that has to do with the social media era we live in, but make no mistake about it he's clearly pegged by the NBA as "the next one"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wall immediately gets into the paint and lays it in on the first possession. He was being defended by Colby White but still, that's good to see after his injuries. Then he sets up Boogie for a three on the next possession.

Happy to have basketball back.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
There ain't nothing left of Harden but ashes

Always liked Stak's style. No need to sugarcoat anything. That time he beefed Wiggins & his bro was hilarious.

He's right tho. Harden needs to grow up and be "the guy."

Also hilarious how he threw in that tidbit of Harden borrowing his watch :laugh: so unnecessary

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think putting the Bucks on the list is just for show. Similar to how AD put them on his list when he had no interest in going there and knew they couldn't actually trade for him. You do it because everyone is talking about how he only wants to go to one team, he's putting the Rockets in a tough spot, it's unrealistic, there's no market, etc. Harden and Giannis also don't seem to like each other based on what we've seen. It's probably Nets, Sixers, and maybe Heat in that order.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think putting the Bucks on the list is just for show. Similar to how AD put them on his list when he had no interest in going there and knew they couldn't actually trade for him. You do it because everyone is talking about how he only wants to go to one team, he's putting the Rockets in a tough spot, it's unrealistic, there's no market, etc. Harden and Giannis also don't seem to like each other based on what we've seen. It's probably Nets, Sixers, and maybe Heat in that order.
As much as I think Harden is overrated, I'm not sure I understand Philadelphia's reluctance to include Ben Simmons in a trade for Harden.

Unless the Rockets are demanding multiple 1st round picks, then I could understand. But if the ask isn't very much on top of Simmons, that's a trade Philadelphia should be all over.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
As much as I think Harden is overrated, I'm not sure I understand Philadelphia's reluctance to include Ben Simmons in a trade for Harden.

Unless the Rockets are demanding multiple 1st round picks, then I could understand. But if the ask isn't very much on top of Simmons, that's a trade Philadelphia should be all over.
Harden gives up so much defensively. Simmons is already a lock down defender and if he can develop some semblance of a shot to go along with his passing and dribbling, he’s better to build around than Harden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad