Salary Cap: 2020-21 Lightning Roster Discussion | Part 2

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I too got excited for news, but it seems more so that Big Rig and Schenn can get paid before that deadline, as opposed to JBB having something in else in the works/place

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Oloffson gets a 2-year bridge worth $3.05M AAV.

He scored at a higher clip than Cirelli last year, but over a small sample size. Adjusting for Cirelli's elite defensive play and the tax situation, probably comes out to a similar bridge deal, maybe slightly higher.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Oloffson gets a 2-year bridge worth $3.05M AAV.

He scored at a higher clip than Cirelli last year, but over a small sample size. Adjusting for Cirelli's elite defensive play and the tax situation, probably comes out to a similar bridge deal, maybe slightly higher.
That's around where I thought he would come in as well... I was thinking $3-$3.5M also...

Reactions: NatoGhost

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
That's around where I thought he would come in as well... I was thinking $3-$3.5M also...

Sorry guys but Cirelli is more of a 4.5 million dollar guy to me. Might take one for the team, though. Olofsson is SMALL and one-dimensional (but elite).

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I’ve been thinking. With the pandemic going on and the second wave hitting most parts of our world pretty hard these days and weeks, why would any professional athlete take a discount now? Their window to make big bucks is small to begin with and nobody knows if this virus is here to stay or will be something we will chuckle about in a few months. Take what you can get now. Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I’ve been thinking. With the pandemic going on and the second wave hitting most parts of our world pretty hard these days and weeks, why would any professional athlete take a discount now? Their window to make big bucks is small to begin with and nobody knows if this virus is here to stay or will be something we will chuckle about in a few months. Take what you can get now. Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring...
They don't have a choice.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Sorry guys but Cirelli is more of a 4.5 million dollar guy to me. Might take one for the team, though. Olofsson is SMALL and one-dimensional (but elite).
If Cirelli is bringing in 4.5, he needs to do it on another team. He's not earning that yet.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
To misquote Shakespeare in Hamlet: "The Captain doth protest too much, methinks". Trade imminent.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
damn we should've traded Johnson at the deadline or something. He was playing like crap all year

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This is probably the week it all breaks loose. Hoffman probably signs this week. According to hockey news he has is interested in 6 teams and has offers on the table from 5 and while he prefers one who apparently does not have the Cap for him the decision will probably be this week maybe even today the calendar has rolled. This will free up one last chance for the Bolts to move a player, the chance we move two are astronomical unless there is a package deal both Killer and Johnson and there are what two teams that may work for?

When Hoffman falls there will be one final flurry question is will be be redeemed? I am not sure.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Maybe JBB is just waiting for Stamkos to fall off his jet ski, slip on the ice, or trip over a toy at home, so he can put him on LTIR.:D

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe JBB is just waiting for Stamkos to fall off his jet ski, slip on the ice, or trip over a toy at home, so he can put him on LTIR.:D

Stamkos has already been paid his bonus. He could opt-out of the season for covid-related reasons and immediately fix our cap situation.

I'd rather see him on the ice though.

Reactions: Peacefool and PJ817

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad