Speculation: 2020-21 LA Kings News/Roster/Rumors Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I know we worry about another D man and 2C, but I'm mildly concerned about goalkeeping. I like Petersen, but he seems to lack that game-changing big save ability we were spoiled with for a while. He could absolutely develop that, it just makes me a little nervous. I don't expect to be loaded at every spot but we aren't striking goaltender gold like we have been over the last 15 years or so.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I know we worry about another D man and 2C, but I'm mildly concerned about goalkeeping. I like Petersen, but he seems to lack that game-changing big save ability we were spoiled with for a while. He could absolutely develop that, it just makes me a little nervous. I don't expect to be loaded at every spot but we aren't striking goaltender gold like we have been over the last 15 years or so.

I think Petersen is excellent and consistent. He will be 27 in October...If the Kings are picking 5-10 in the draft, I would drafft goalie phenom Jesper Wallstedt.
Having a great yr in the SHL at 18. Goalies take 2-4 years to develop, so why not get the best in this class, that is earmarked to be a franchise goalie.
If the Kings are picking 1-4, want a top LHD, though; Power or Hughes.

Wallstedt:

Jesper Wallstedt | Jesper Wallstedt Profile | Jesper Wallstedt Scouting Report 2021

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
The Kings need to better than the Coyotes, Blues and Sharks to close to the season out while also gaining 7 points on the Coyotes in 11 games.. I think this last loss really put a nail in the coffin of any remaining playoff hopes.

On the bright side, the Kings have a top 10 pick right now.

Gonna be a tall order for Blake this summer. I mean I feel like they need to acquire both a top 4 d-man and a top 6 forward at minimum for them to be in the conversation as a potential playoff team next season. None of the Reign players look ready to be impactful at the NHL level yet.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I think we need to start over and just sell off everything and rebuild again. Just F it.

we basically have. Kopitar and Doughty are needed or else it’s just another Buffalo, Edmonton situation where the youngsters are thrown to the wolves and grow up in a true losing situation.

Quick is now a backup.

Brown will retire a King but needs to be dropped to the third line.

we will start seeing the talented youth starting next season which will make it more fun to watch

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Total pipe dream but would love to see Jacob Chychrun on the left side of our D.

Cant wait to see the useless fluff like Wagner, Luff, Lemieux, et al gone.

Have liked what JAD, Grundstrom and Moore have brought to the bottom six. Hopefully the carousel in the bottom 6 ends. Too many spare parts, even if it’s meaningless in the end.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Total pipe dream but would love to see Jacob Chychrun on the left side of our D.

Cant wait to see the useless fluff like Wagner, Luff, Lemieux, et al gone.

Have liked what JAD, Grundstrom and Moore have brought to the bottom six. Hopefully the carousel in the bottom 6 ends. Too many spare parts, even if it’s meaningless in the end.

like your thinking.

Would love Chychrun, Werneski, or Sergachev.

All are pipe dreams but man would that solidify our Defence and in turn our goaltending.

as for our bottom 6. Adding a skilled guy like Brown down there with a bit of leadership and that odd hit would help. We have a solid bottom 6 next year. It’s the top 6 that make me cringe

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Part of me wonders if they are tossing and toying around with Andersson because they know they aren't going to protect him in the expansion draft and hopes Seattle won't get a good look at him to select him.

Reactions: Piston

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Part of me wonders if they are tossing and toying around with Andersson because they know they aren't going to protect him in the expansion draft and hopes Seattle won't get a good look at him to select him.

5D checkers being played here

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't get why people believe in that kind of secrecy. Maybe we can sneak a guy through waivers? What? Every team knows every player that gets put on waivers. If he doesn't play, maybe teams won't remember he exists? What? A Seattle franchise, which has had absolutely nothing to do other than find out who they want from each team, isn't going pick a guy because he goes up and down from the NHL to AHL and back? They can't just look on ahl.com and can't see he's got the top pts/game on the team if they feel like taking him?

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Isn’t Clague basically the top candidate for getting picked by Seattle? AFAIK, he’s eligible to be taken and the only uncertainty is his contract since he’s an RFA.

Vegas took a bunch of young dmen in their draft. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Seattle do the same.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
CF says the call up of Lias was an emergency recall, so maybe it doesn’t burn one of the remaining spots?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

or maybe he is not as good as his draft pedigree and is already passed over in LA.

That trade I was ok with given the high ceiling, but was a swing and a miss. The 2nd rounder may not have turned out but it looks like Andersson also will not turn out.

The Lemieux deal made no sense to me at the time it went down, and looks even worse after watching him play a handful of games. I know the acquisition cost was low, but I would rather Frk or a prospect get his ice time and roster spot.

In short Blake needs to stop dealing with the Rangers.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
or maybe he is not as good as his draft pedigree and is already passed over in LA.

That trade I was ok with given the high ceiling, but was a swing and a miss. The 2nd rounder may not have turned out but it looks like Andersson also will not turn out.

The Lemieux deal made no sense to me at the time it went down, and looks even worse after watching him play a handful of games. I know the acquisition cost was low, but I would rather Frk or a prospect get his ice time and roster spot.

In short Blake needs to stop dealing with the Rangers.

Lias is still 22, he's a point per game player in the AHL and constantly sticks out as a player who is too good at that level, but he's barely been utilized in the NHL as he's been given fourth line minutes in the 13 games he's appeared in.

I don't know how we can already make a determination on such a player being a miss when he's seen such a limited amount of action on the pro roster.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lias is still 22, he's a point per game player in the AHL and constantly sticks out as a player who is too good at that level, but he's barely been utilized in the NHL as he's been given fourth line minutes in the 13 games he's appeared in.

I don't know how we can already make a determination on such a player being a miss when he's seen such a limited amount of action on the pro roster.

fair, but there has to be something that is holding him back now that it has been in two different markets.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Rangers had every reason to make it work with him, and they got a low 2nd for a former 7th overall a couple years earlier. On a Kings team starved for talent, a guy they went out of their way to invest an asset into, has to be doing something wrong somewhere to not be getting a chance.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Rangers had every reason to make it work with him, and they got a low 2nd for a former 7th overall a couple years earlier. On a Kings team starved for talent, a guy they went out of their way to invest an asset into, has to be doing something wrong somewhere to not be getting a chance.

thats just it. Has to be something there.

Rangers need center prospects so should have been a red flag he was being moved at all.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
thats just it. Has to be something there.

Rangers need center prospects so should have been a red flag he was being moved at all.

Did not really seem like there was room for him as he was overtaken by some of the other young centres within the organization in Chytil and Howden.

They just signed Henriksson who is an interesting prospect and Morgan Barron seems to be developing nicely. They may have something there with hm as well.

So that's 4 guys at centre who are currently 23 or younger.

You would have to make the assumption they simply would not let both Strome and Zibanejad walk in 2 years time. One of them will remain with the club as their top line guy.

And how can we forget about Johnnie Brodzinski! :naughty::sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad