Speculation: 2020-21 LA Kings News/Roster/Rumors Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Do they still do Kings Talk now that the games are only heard on iHeartRadio? I haven't tuned in for quite some time. This also reminds me of the time a friend of mine called Kings Talk after a loss to complain about the Kings having too many Europeans on the roster. That's probably something Dean Lombardi agreed with when he took over the team...

I honestly don't know, I haven't listened to a whole radio broadcast since they changed over to the app.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Do they still do Kings Talk now that the games are only heard on iHeartRadio? I haven't tuned in for quite some time. This also reminds me of the time a friend of mine called Kings Talk after a loss to complain about the Kings having too many Europeans on the roster. That's probably something Dean Lombardi agreed with when he took over the team...

I think they still do Kings talk, but I think only after home games. Because I remember like a week ago I was driving home after work and listening to the end of the game and they didn't do it, but I know they did after I attended games last year.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Serious question because I agree that Gostisbehere would be a good fit for the Kings...why do you think they passed on him when he was on waivers a few weeks ago? They could have had him for free. Made no sense to me at the time.
Two scenarios play out if you claim him then.

1. He continues to play with the perceived issues that he has at Phily and does not impress. End result: your stuck with his overpaid cap hit.

2. He improves and looks to return to his form that netted him a 4.5mil contract. End result: Seattle takes him.

So theres no upside, Claiming team takes all the risk and is unlikely to get a reward even if he plays well.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Two scenarios play out if you claim him then.

1. He continues to play with the perceived issues that he has at Phily and does not impress. End result: your stuck with his overpaid cap hit.

2. He improves and looks to return to his form that netted him a 4.5mil contract. End result: Seattle takes him.

So theres no upside, Claiming team takes all the risk and is unlikely to get a reward even if he plays well.
He’s also not the big physical LHD that we actually need/want. Taking him makes no sense and doesn’t fit the strategy at all.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I like Gostisbehere, I think he would do well on the Kings, but if they want him they will likely take him after or around the expansion draft and/or negotiate the Flyers' taking on some of his salary and/or taking on a contract in return. The Kings currently have 48/50 contracts, that is something that factors and I know Blake and Solomon are looking at. You don't want to put yourself in a risky spot.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I like Gostisbehere, I think he would do well on the Kings, but if they want him they will likely take him after or around the expansion draft and/or negotiate the Flyers' taking on some of his salary and/or taking on a contract in return. The Kings currently have 48/50 contracts, that is something that factors and I know Blake and Solomon are looking at. You don't want to put yourself in a risky spot.
But they’ll be losing one of the contracts to Seattle, right? If yes, then we’re talking about 47/50.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Inflammation of the ego?
Screen-Shot-2020-08-02-at-12.51.32-AM.8444b7fc.png

Reactions: dick341

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
How many defenseman are there in the league that match that description? 10? The days of the big physical defenseman are over.
I agree, but they’ve said that what they are targeting ideally and even if they don’t get exactly what they want I’d be very surprised if we ended up with Ghost.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Show me his xray

If you watched the game where the injury occurred, you can tell he was in a lot of pain. They showed Eichel on the bench being tended to by the team trainer, who made the mistake of rubbing Eichel's neck, and he did not react very well to that.

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Weren't you writing off Vilardi when he was missing a year and a half? Did you see his X Ray?
A lot of people were including me.

And how many times have you seen any players xray to completely miss that that was a joke. Always strung up it seems.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
A lot of people were including me.

And how many times have you seen any players xray to completely miss that that was a joke. Always strung up it seems.

I was just asking. You know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad