2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If Wennberg gets bought out, I’d definitely try to bring him in. I also wouldn’t mind taking a flier on Bobby Ryan. Always liked him, but he just couldn’t stay healthy in Ottawa. For cheap, he’s worth taking a chance on, IMO.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
If we’re dealing with the Flames, I’d much rather offer up Strome+ for Hanifin. Imagine if we got that trade and then signed a bought out Wennberg. That team is a lot better than the current team IMO.

Reactions: bwana63

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If we’re dealing with the Flames, I’d much rather offer up Strome+ for Hanifin. Imagine if we got that trade and then signed a bought out Wennberg. That team is a lot better than the current team IMO.

careful with all the talk of Weenberg...he has similar pitfalls to Strome...

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
careful with all the talk of Weenberg...he has similar pitfalls to Strome...

I think his defensive game is a bit better. He also would likely cost about $1 million while showing chemistry with Saad when they played together in Columbus. If you can get Hanifin for Strome+ and sign a bought out Wennberg for cheap, you’re likely around even offensively while being better defensively at forward and also upgrading your defense by adding a big mobile top-4 LHD.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Nice. Would address a big issue: Keith's decline. Would Calgary do that? Plugging Wennberg in for Strome makes a ton of sense.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Wennberg is... not good. At all.

I live in Columbus; I’ve seen him waste his potential for so long.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The Atheltic is reporting Crawford and the Hawks are struggling to come to a deal and Crawford is considering testing free agency. I don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, I want the team to be competitive but on the other hand I don't want to overpay Crawford at the expense of having to dump a younger player when the team may not even make the playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Crawford is fool if he looks at this G market and thinks he will get deal he wants

Available via UFA
Robin Lehner
Jacob Markstrom
Braden Holtby
Craig Anderson
Thomas Greiss
Cam Talbot
Anton Khudobin
Mike Smith
Brian Elliott

Available via trade
Tuuka Rask (Potentially)
Frederik Andersen
Darcy Keumper
Matt Murray
Marc Andre Fleury
Alexander Georgiev
James Reimer

Last edited:
Reactions: Esq

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think Crawford is fool if he looks at this G market and thinks he will get deal he wants

Available via UFA
Robin Lehner
Braden Holtby
Craig Anderson
Thomas Greiss
Cam Talbot
Anton Khudobin
Mike Smith
Brian Elliott

Available via trade
Tuuka Rask (Potentially)
Jacob Markstrom
Frederik Andersen
Matt Murray
Alexander Georgiev
James Reimer

Mike Smith and Cam Talbot would certainly be available for less than $3 million. Another one available via picks is Keumper who the Blackhawks have reportedly asked about.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Let him walk if he wants more than $3.5m. As BWC already showed above, there are a lot of options in net this year. A lot of teams cannot afford to keep 2 experienced guys in net right now.

If Crow was totally healthy, then fine. But the guy had missed considerable amounts of time in 2 of the last 3 years due to concussions. There is a ton of risk going with him as a starter at this point; those risks aren't worth taking at the price he's asking for.

Reactions: Pertti

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Mike Smith and Cam Talbot would certainly be available for less than $3 million. Another one available via picks is Keumper who the Blackhawks have reportedly asked about.

If we sign a shit goalie and ice Pirri and Seabrook every night then we'll have a nice group of tank commanders to lead us to that Keith replacement we need

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

Available via UFA
Robin Lehner
Braden Holtby
Craig Anderson
Thomas Greiss
Cam Talbot
Anton Khudobin
Mike Smith
Brian Elliott

Available via trade
Tuuka Rask (Potentially)
Jacob Markstrom
Frederik Andersen
Darcy Keumper
Matt Murray
Alexander Georgiev
James Reimer

isn’t markstrom a UFA?

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
If we sign a shit goalie and ice Pirri and Seabrook every night then we'll have a nice group of tank commanders to lead us to that Keith replacement we need

Not that I want us to tank but Owen Power would look damn good in a Hawks uni. With our luck, we’d likely win #1 and be “forced” to take Raty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad