Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Daoust has 27 points in his last 16 games

Seriously impressive production
Leads his tream by a good margin.
upload_2021-3-25_0-45-57.png

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This is bad news is it not? Won't he have to sit a year?

You'd think if the Sens were serious about this guy they'd sign him and loan him somewhere he can play. That's if he couldn't make the AHL right away.
There is a full waiver for all players this year to transfer without sitting out.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's a pretty young team actually, not young like the Olympique or Moosehead obviously, but a young team.

Really nice job by Dustin Peltier discovering Daoust and bringing him over from Barrie and the NOJHL, should give him some rope with the Wildcats. .
The top 5 in scoring seem to be 19 and above. Not a big deal. Just something I noticed from the point leaders.
I downloaded the CHL tv app. Hesitant to pay for it since I already pay for ahl and NCHC. But it would be nice to watch some of these guys. Is this daoust last year of junior elegibility?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The top 5 in scoring seem to be 19 and above. Not a big deal. Just something I noticed from the point leaders.
I downloaded the CHL tv app. Hesitant to pay for it since I already pay for ahl and NCHC. But it would be nice to watch some of these guys. Is this daoust last year of junior elegibility?
They entered a rebuild, sent all their guys outside of Daoust to contenders. The team is basically a bunch of rookies. They went all in last year, and their team has seen a gigantic overhaul. Groulx, McIsaac L'Heureux, Spence, Khovanov, Desnoyers, Pelltier, McKenna, Fortier, Cyr are all gone this year. Can thank all that depth for the reason Daoust was under the radar, I saw a handful of Cats games last year, and really never paid any attention to Daoust whatsoever, and he ever left an impression on me at all. Really good job of scouting by the Sens and Flyers identifying that.

He has another year left, but he'll be in Belleville next season. He won't be returning for his overage season.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Daoust is starting to get some talk in QC, seems to be breaking out in a big way. Hopefully he goes on the Batherson's path and not Francis Perron's

And overall some good news this season/recently about Lodin and Gustavsson, some prospects that I had started to progressively write-off. Actually, never a good idea to do that before they reach at least 23 years old. Which is the age Logan Brown turned this month. Unfortunately, the guy got injured pretty often so have to be even more patient than usual

Other good news since the draft : Greig, Kleven, Merilainen, Sogaard, Jarventie (ups and downs)

Forgetting anyone?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Daoust is starting to get some talk in QC, seems to be breaking out in a big way. Hopefully he goes on the Batherson's path and not Francis Perron's

And overall some good news this season/recently about Lodin and Gustavsson, some prospects that I had started to progressively write-off. Actually, never a good idea to do that before they reach at least 23 years old. Which is the age Logan Brown turned this month. Unfortunately, the guy got injured pretty often so have to be even more patient than usual

Other good news since the draft : Greig, Kleven, Merilainen, Sogaard, Jarventie (ups and downs)

Forgetting anyone?
We can probably write off Jonathan Davidsson at this point.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

It's funny because he actually looked decent in limited NHL action. But he's never been able to do much of anything in the AHL . If you can't be effective at that level then you aren't going to get a shot in the NHL again.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's funny because he actually looked decent in limited NHL action. But he's never been able to do much of anything in the AHL . If you can't be effective at that level then you aren't going to get a shot in the NHL again.
1g 3a in 10gp in Allsvenskan not a ringing endorsement either

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Even this year in Belleville he has looked like a pretty good hockey player but has absolutely nothing to show for it on the scoresheet. He's in the last year of his ELC, I don't expect he will be back.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
They entered a rebuild, sent all their guys outside of Daoust to contenders. The team is basically a bunch of rookies. They went all in last year, and their team has seen a gigantic overhaul. Groulx, McIsaac L'Heureux, Spence, Khovanov, Desnoyers, Pelltier, McKenna, Fortier, Cyr are all gone this year. Can thank all that depth for the reason Daoust was under the radar, I saw a handful of Cats games last year, and really never paid any attention to Daoust whatsoever, and he ever left an impression on me at all. Really good job of scouting by the Sens and Flyers identifying that.

He has another year left, but he'll be in Belleville next season. He won't be returning for his overage season.
Was he linked to the Flyers as well? Asking out of curiosity. Seems like a very obscure pick that is exceeding expectations. Certainly Mann has clear connections to the area but even still, seems like pretty savvy scouting.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Was he linked to the Flyers as well? Asking out of curiosity. Seems like a very obscure pick that is exceeding expectations. Certainly Mann has clear connections to the area but even still, seems like pretty savvy scouting.
Not sure.

Flyers picked Desnoyers out of Moncton who was in the exact same situation as Daoust and is having one of the best seasons in the Q, I have no doubts the Sens were in on him as well.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I was trying to talk about only the positive developments, but I thought I heard some saying that Davidsson looked good in Belleville

He didn't play in the AHL much though, he's had concusions issues basically since being acquired. Another young player probably screwed up by injuries.

Last edited:

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Abramov, Thomson and Davidsson is all we're left with.

Might not end up getting a single NHLer out of the deal.

Pretty terrible return for a #1 center, even if he was a rental.
I'm willing to be patient with Thomson but why did Dorion pass on Heinola when like every scout in the world had him ahead of Thomson?

Plus missing out on McMichael and Tomasino hurts too

Reactions: Frank8

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Victor Lodin on the first line today and scores the first goal of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad