Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I though that weight drop came before the start of this past season, I distinctly remember talking about him dropping a crazy amount of weight and it showing in his skating

Yep, it sounds like he has also developed some lean mass. It's his willingness and motivation to get better that makes me believe he will make the show as a scoring top-9 RWer. He already has a top-6 shot and good playmaking abilities.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I though that weight drop came before the start of this past season, I distinctly remember talking about him dropping a crazy amount of weight and it showing in his skating

Pretty sure he was like 250ish or so and did lose a bunch before last season? Sounds like he wanted to keep going which to me is a great sign that he understands speed is the name of the game in the NHL.

He has a big frame so he will be looking lanky at 215 but could add a lot more quickness.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He still looks slow compared to NHL forwards. I think he will need to develop his leg muscles like Crosby to become more powerful in skating and quicker. I do not think he will make the Senators at the start of the season, nor any time next season but he may get a few games near the end.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He still looks slow compared to NHL forwards. I think he will need to develop his leg muscles like Crosby to become more powerful in skating and quicker. I do not think he will make the Senators at the start of the season, nor any time next season but he may get a few games near the end.
I think he gets some games after the TDL & then the following yr should get a good chance to make the team out of camp. He's already 21 yrs old so I expect him to start pushing for a job in Ottawa over the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: Cosmix

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My updated top 10 prospects. Who are yours??

1. Jake Sanderson
2. Shane Pinto
3. Jacob Bernard-Docker
4. Alex Formenton
5. Tyler Boucher
6. Filip Gustavsson
7. Yegor Sokolov
8. Tyler Kleven
9. Zack Ostapchuk
10. Roby Jarventie
HM: Grieg, Sogaard, Kelly

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
My updated top 10 prospects. Who are yours??

1. Jake Sanderson
2. Shane Pinto
3. Jacob Bernard-Docker
4. Alex Formenton
5. Tyler Boucher
6. Filip Gustavsson
7. Yegor Sokolov
8. Tyler Kleven
9. Zack Ostapchuk
10. Roby Jarventie
HM: Grieg, Sogaard, Kelly

Greig needs to be higher, way higher imo. And Im not quitting on Logan Brown until hes gone, personally.

1. Jake Sanderson
2. Shane Pinto
3. Jacob Bernard-Docker
4. Alex Formenton
5. Ridley Grieg
6. Tyler Boucher
7. Logan Brown
8. Yegor Sokolov
9. Tyler Kleven
10. Roby Jarventie
HM, Lasi Thompson, Zack Ostapchuk, Philly Daoust

Goalies be goalies. Sogaard is the man of the future though imo, but Gus is cool too.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. Sanderson LD (5th OA)
2. Boucher RW (10 OA)
3. Pinto C (32nd OA)
4. JBD RD (26th OA)
5. Gustavsson G (55th OA)
6. L. Brown C (11th OA)
7. Ostapchuk C (39th OA)
8. Greig C/LW (28th OA)
9. Sokolov RW (61st OA)
10. Formenton LW (47th OA)
11. Jarventie LW (33rd OA)
12. Kleven LD (44th OA)/ Thomson RD (19th OA)

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Formenton
4. Gustavsson
5. Boucher
6. Greig
7. JBD
8. Sokolov
10. Jarventie
11. Kleven
12. Sogaard

These are players that I think have a decent chance to be NHL players ie 200+ NHL games, 100 for goalies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Formenton
4. Gustavsson
5. Boucher
6. Greig
7. JBD
8. Sokolov
10. Jarventie
11. Kleven
12. Sogaard

These are players that I think have a decent chance to be NHL players ie 200+ NHL games, 100 for goalies.
Who is your 9th? Ostapchuk?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I don't know if our new haul moves the needle that much, but that's because I feel like we've really HIT on our past few drafts, especially 2020.

That 2nd round of Jarventie, Kleven and Sokolov is going to look disgusting soon. Jarventie has 60pt potential imo, and is still only 18. Kleven reminds me of Graves, but hopefully grows a bit more as a player.

Sokolov? Guys fighting Batherson for that 1st line spot, and probably takes it.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I don't know if our new haul moves the needle that much, but that's because I feel like we've really HIT on our past few drafts, especially 2020.

That 2nd round of Jarventie, Kleven and Sokolov is going to look disgusting soon. Jarventie has 60pt potential imo, and is still only 18. Kleven reminds me of Graves, but hopefully grows a bit more as a player.

Sokolov? Guys fighting Batherson for that 1st line spot, and probably takes it.

Glad I'm not the only one as bullish as you are about Yegor.
High hopes that this guy is going to make it really hard for them to send him down.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Formenton
4. Gustavsson
5. Boucher
6. Greig
7. JBD
8. Sokolov
10. Jarventie
11. Kleven
12. Sogaard

I don't know anything about Boucher, but IMO someone drafted off the board in a weak draft with very little information about the players should slot behind someone like Greig who was admittedly drafted later but in a stronger draft and who has had a great year since being drafted.

I have the same top 4 as you though.

1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Formenton
4. Gustavsson
5. Greig
6. Sokolov
7. JBD
8. Boucher
9. Jarventie
10. Sogaard

Reactions: Rodzilla

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No love for the crook at all!? lol saying this and I wasn't even able to fit him in my top-12

And some people are still sleeping on Ridly Greig (and to a lesser extent Sogaard)

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3- Ridly Greig
4- Alex Formenton
5- Egor Sokolov
6- Mads Søgaard
7- Jacob Bernard-Docker
8- Filip Gustavsson
9- Tyler Boucher
10- Tyler Kleven
11- Roby Jarventie
12- Logan Brown
13- Angus Crookshank
14- Zack Ostapchuk
15- Lassi Thomson
16- Vitali Abramov
17- Philippe Daoust
18- Oliver Johansson
19- Maxence Guénette
20- Benjamin Roger
21- Parker Kelly
22- Carson Latimer
23- Viktor Lodin
24- Cole Reinhardt
25- Kevin Mandolese
26- Mark Kastelic
27- Chandler Romeo

Last edited:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Sanderson
Pinto
Gustavsson
Formenton
Sokolov
JBD
Greig
Sogaard
Boucher
Kleven

Not sure why people rank Gustavsson so low, he has a good chance of becoming a legitimate starter in the NHL, and he's not that far off either. Don't know where Logan Brown fits anymore, but could still be top 10.

Reactions: DrEasy

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I don't know anything about Boucher, but IMO someone drafted off the board in a weak draft with very little information about the players should slot behind someone like Greig who was admittedly drafted later but in a stronger draft and who has had a great year since being drafted.

I have the same top 4 as you though.

1. Sanderson
2. Pinto
3. Formenton
4. Gustavsson
5. Greig
6. Sokolov
7. JBD
8. Boucher
9. Jarventie
10. Sogaard

I get that, however, I asked myself if I would have traded Greig for #10 this year, and I said, not enough. Greig is also very small at 165lbs.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I get that, however, I asked myself if I would have traded Greig for #10 this year, and I said, not enough. Greig is also very small at 165lbs.
IMO, #9OA > Greig > #10OA as there seemed to be a big drop off in quality right after #9. Drafting Guenther would have been nice if we were drafting #9, though maybe our front office still would have drafted Boucher?

Reactions: Emrasie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad