Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
From the Disney wiki I found this scouting report on Fulton Reed, one of the bash brothers.

"Fulton's size and strength are huge assets to the Ducks offense and defense. His strength not only poses a threat when playing defense, but allows him amazing velocity and height on his slapshot, which often sends opposing players cowering out of the way of it. Fulton's physical presence is often the Duck's only line of physical defense."

This has Kleven written all over it. Kleven is going to be our bash brother.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Wonder if Crookshank wants to go pro? New Hampshire's regular season is over and they'll probably be elimated from the Hockey East tournament early on.

He could be under contract and in Belleville by the middle of March.
I believe that both New Hampshire and Bentley have had a handful of games postponed so there is a chance that both Crookshank and Novak will still play those games before their seasons end. Both could go back for an additional season in the NCAA but I think there is a decent chance that both look to turn pro. The Sens have lots of contract space and might need the additional bodies for Belleville as the B Sens will be losing Ridly Greig and possibly Cole Reinheart by the end of next week.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
From the Disney wiki I find this scouting report on Dean Fulton, one of the bash brothers.

"Fulton's size and strength are huge assets to the Ducks offense and defense. His strength not only poses a threat when playing defense, but allows him amazing velocity and height on his slapshot, which often sends opposing players cowering out of the way of it. Fulton's physical presence is often the Duck's only line of physical defense."

This has Kleven written all over it. Kleven is going to be our bash brother.
Fulton Reed or Dean Portman?

Kleven is a combination of both. Honed his trade wiring clappers into a suitcase in the alleys of Fargo, and wears his Walkman with butt rock and jersey with ripped sleeves at practice.

D2 is the best hockey movie, don’t care what anyone says. Watched that so many times growing up.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Fulton Reed or Dean Portman?

Kleven is a combination of both. Honed his trade wiring clappers into a suitcase in the alleys of Fargo, and wears his Walkman with butt rock and jersey with ripped sleeves at practice.

D2 is the best hockey movie, don’t care what anyone says. Watched that so many times growing up.
Sorry, Fulton Reed, not sure how I got my wires crossed there.

While searching Dean Portman, just saw that the actor who played him is married to (the real life) Elsa from Frozen. Who would have ever guessed that.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I believe that both New Hampshire and Bentley have had a handful of games postponed so there is a chance that both Crookshank and Novak will still play those games before their seasons end. Both could go back for an additional season in the NCAA but I think there is a decent chance that both look to turn pro. The Sens have lots of contract space and might need the additional bodies for Belleville as the B Sens will be losing Ridly Greig and possibly Cole Reinheart by the end of next week.

Hockey East aren't making up games - they've even come up with a Power Index to rank teams due to the uneven schedule. So Crookshank is most likely done by the 14th or 15th of March.

I don't think Reinhardt is gong back to Brandon given that he's already 21.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Hockey East aren't making up games - they've even come up with a Power Index to rank teams due to the uneven schedule. So Crookshank is most likely done by the 14th or 15th of March.

I don't think Reinhardt is gong back to Brandon given that he's already 21.
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. As for Reinhardt he is only on a PTO so I am not sure if he will stick around. They sent Kastelic back last year after drafting him as a 3rd year eligible so they might do the same with Reinhardt. Also without a contract they might be obligated to sending him back. But I guess we will see with that.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. As for Reinhardt he is only on a PTO so I am not sure if he will stick around. They sent Kastelic back last year after drafting him as a 3rd year eligible so they might do the same with Reinhardt. Also without a contract they might be obligated to sending him back. But I guess we will see with that.

Reinhardt has looked decent enough in Belleville, I can see him signing a contract here soon and staying in Belleville. He's looked better than Sokolov and Kastelic imo.

Reactions: Cosmix

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Sorry, Fulton Reed, not sure how I got my wires crossed there.

While searching Dean Portman, just saw that the actor who played him is married to Elsa from Frozen. Who would have ever guessed that.

My buddy pointed out that Fulton was playing Foggy from the Netflix Daredevil series, and I almost crapped myself when I realized he was right.

screen-shot-2015-04-27-at-11-07-04-am-133579.png

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
My buddy pointed out that Fulton was playing Foggy from the Netflix Daredevil series, and I almost crapped myself when I realized he was right.

screen-shot-2015-04-27-at-11-07-04-am-133579.png
I've never seen Daredevil, but he doesn't even look recognizable.. crazy

It's such a strange feeling the moment you realize you're watching someone from your youth. Been almost 30 years since Mighty Ducks 1.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Our exciting prospects at UND - Pinto, JBD, Sanderson and Kleven - are almost assuredly headed toward the NCAA Frozen Four in Pittsburgh, April 8-10. With only two games remaining in the season, UND is at the top of the college rankings polled by USA today and USA Hockey Magazine. At the moment, it looks like the Fighting Hawks could end up in a final against Boston College, which is number #1 rated in the USCHD poll.

Would love to see UND win it all. Our four prospects will get an invaluable championship experience. It will assuredly help them bring a winning attitude when they eventually join Ottawa's ranks.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I think there is a decent chance that the Sens sign Angus Crookshank and Jakov Novak to their ELC's in the next few weeks. Novak plays at Bentley University which is ranked 8th in the Atlantic Hockey conference. Crookshank plays at the University of New Hampshire which is ranked 9th in the Hockey East conference. Based on those rankings my understanding is that neither Bentley or UNH will take part in any post season or NCAA tournaments. They have had some games listed as "postponed" but there is a good chance that they end up being cancelled. If those games are in fact cancelled then both Novak and Crookshank's seasons are done.

There was some speculation towards the end of last season that both were considering turning pro but ended up deciding to go back another season. It seems highly likely that they turn pro this year. At this point the Sens have contract space to sign them. The Sens are currently listed at 46/50 for contracts. They may want to have contract space to sign all of Pinto, JBD, Sanderson and Kleven and maybe even some other NCAA free agents but that won't be an issue for now. All those players season's won't end until closer to the trade deadline at which point the Sens will free up additional contract space for them if they so desire.

The point is that there is a really good chance that both Novak and Crookshank sign ELC deals with the Sens within the next 4 weeks or so.

Reactions: senswon

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Markus Nurmi is near ppg in finland, any chance he could come over soon? He's 6'4" is he a 4th line or 3rd line player?
It was reported last year that the Sens needed to sign him to maintain his rights. The time period passed and it is commonly believed that the Sens relinquished their rights by not signing him. I don't know what the official case is as Nurmi had already signed a 2 year contract extension with TPS on January 22nd 2020, depending on the NHL's agreement with Liiga it may have not been possible to sign him so there might be some debate about whether the Sens still hold his rights or not.
Elite Prospects - transaction for Markus Nurmi

As stated in the link Nurmi's contract with TPS doesn't expire until the end of the 2021-2022 season. Most likely it is not possible to sign him to an NHL deal until that contract is finished. He could still sign with the Sens but if his rights have expired then he would be free to negotiate with any organization and have no obligation to the Senators. I believe Nurmi took part in the Sens development camps in 2016, 2017 and 2018. The last development camp was in 2019 and he wasn't there. I am unsure whether he was injured, had some complication and wasn't able to travel or whether he lost favor within the Sens organization. The fact that he went to three of the development camps is a good sign so there might be a chance that the Sens consider signing him when his TPS contract ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad