Niagara
Really like the Krejci line.

When Pasta is back, go with this:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Stud
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Kase/Bjork

Exactly my thoughts. Jake needs to apprentice from Krech and get a crash course on what it takes to be a center. Learning to play tough competition is good for the organization going forward. I see him as the #2 center for the future.

I have had him in a few roster scenarios with Krech and Smith. All the better with Ritchie's stock rising. Krech always liked bigger guys that go to the net. JDB on the 3rd is perfect, he plays a north/south game and Smith never gives up on a play. Fredric is a keeper, we need a shark skating around out there.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

Maintenance day for the old guys but looks like Frederic might be getting a shot on the 3rd line tomorrow. I like the sounds of that. Also interesting that it looks like Vaak goes in over Moore if Gryz is out.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
When Pasta and Kase are healthy, keep 14F and 7D on the roster and ship Moore to the taxi squad. No one will take him anyway with his contract.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Stud
DeBrusk-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Kase/Bjork

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril-Miller
Clifton

Rask-Halak

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
When everyone is healthy

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Wagner-Kuraly-Kase
Studnicka and Bjork as injury replacements

Any objections?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yes

Cant sit Stud

I would play Stud on the 4th line with Kuraly and Wags

Kase is the extra man/injured list

If everyone is healthy and cleared, I might just send Stud to Providence to get regular first line minutes there. He's been fine, but he hasn't leaped off the page this year like Frederic or Ritchie to win a roster spot.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
When Pasta returns it should make things interesting lol. It was 1 game, but if 11-12-13 keep playing like this it'll be tough to break them up. I know a lot of people want to keep Ritchie/Krejci together, but they have worse numbers than Krejci/DeBrusk. Its really tough TBH. I can't imagine they'd keep 74 on L1, but that would give Krejci Ritchie/Pasta as his wingers. What I think would happen if L1 and L3 were locked in...

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Ritchie - Krejci - DeBrusk
Frederic - Coyle - Smith
Bjork - Kurlay - Wagner/Studnicka

At that point IDK if he makes sense for Stud's to be up here when Providence opens up.

Reactions: bbfan419

MTBruinsfan

Apr 4, 2008
For fun

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Ritchie - Krejci - Senyshen (he looked alright in his games last year and might do well similar to how Zboril is doing currently)
Frederic -Coyle - Smith
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Kase

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
When everyone is healthy

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Wagner-Kuraly-Kase

Any objections?
I have been saying for years to separate Krech and Jake, they are horrible together. Maybe since Jake is playing well with Bergy and Marshy, leave him up and give Krech - Pasta and Ritchie.

Studnicka has nothing to learn in the AHL. I think he is already better then oft injured cement hands Kase. Stud is a good PK guy, he can help out there. We need to get him in NHL games and apprentice now. He needs to see how Bergy and Krech live and breathe hockey.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would tinker with the defense a little. The emergence of Zboril as a capable puck mover and two-way defender gives them some options.

Gryz - McAvoy
Zboril - Carlo

Gryz and McAvoy have great chemistry and their numbers go through the roof when they're together. Zboril is playing almost 20 minutes a night and is getting the 2nd most even strength minutes as well. Zboril and Carlo don't have a ton of time together, but like Gryz-Mac, their numbers explode when they're together.

That leaves the 3rd pair a bit messy because Lauzon - Miller would leave them without a strong puck mover, but Lauzon-Clifton or Vaak-Miller could be dynamic pairs. Those new pairs would force them to shuffle things a bit on the PK because Lauzon and Miller are 1 and 3 in shorthanded TOI.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
When everyone is healthy

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Debrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Wagner-Kuraly-Kase

Any objections?
I like it. I love the 11-12-13 line and want to see that kept together. Kase kind of wasted on the 4th, but I don't see a place for him in the top 9 at the moment.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Just curious what do you guys guess on a date for Pasta to return?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
For fun

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Ritchie - Krejci - Senyshen (he looked alright in his games last year and might do well similar to how Zboril is doing currently)
Frederic -Coyle - Smith
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Kase
I think another take on this concept could be this:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Kase
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Stud

I feel like Kuraly is needed as a PKer, but this lineup gives us 4 scoring lines. I'd like to see JDB and Stud play together to hopefully build some chemistry as that's probably our second line in a post-Krejci world (whenever that is).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think another take on this concept could be this:

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Krejci-Kase
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
DeBrusk-Kuraly-Stud

I feel like Kuraly is needed as a PKer, but this lineup gives us 4 scoring lines. I'd like to see JDB and Stud play together to hopefully build some chemistry as that's probably our second line in a post-Krejci world (whenever that is).

This could be pretty darn good.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Interesting that during today's line rushes that Pasta split rushes with Studnicka on Krejci & Ritchie RW. Cassidy said Pasta will be L1 when he return (obviously), could it be that DeBrusk slides to 2RW and Studnicka is the odd man out? Maybe rotating with someone who needs a seat?

Reactions: wintersej

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
It's a bit funny/sad that John Moore will be scratched so often that he won't even be eligible for the expansion draft. Probably best to just buy him out in 2021 off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad