Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion VII - STAY ON TOPIC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We can go back and forth forever. So this is the last I will say because you want to change something that for now has the team at 5-1-2 and probably would be even better if they could have scored a 5 on 5 goal in NJ.

That play at the blue line was the right play and something the Bruins have done many times because he had a forward backing him up. Bergeron bungled the puck at his own blue line turning it over and was the only thing that caused the goal. He knew it was on him hence banging the glass with his stick.

The Ceci goal is something the Bruins do 9 times out of 10. The puck took a weird bounce and caught Marchand in the face taking him out of the play. That play is suppose to be on the winger to take the d-man Ceci out and the puck gets out of the zone.

The plus/minus usually balances out over the course of the season. Lauzon has been as unlucky so far as Miller was lucky earlier in his career.

I will say that playing against top lines and trying to figure out what McAvoy is going to do next is a tall order.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What the heck will the bruins do when everyone is healthy?

Marchand Bergeron RastaPastaMan
Ritchie Krejci Kase/Debrusk
Fred Coyle Smith
Bjork Kuraly Wagner/Studnicka

All lines are having some form of success with the exception of the 2nd line which continues to struggle...Thinking bruins need to experiment with Kase/Ritchie/Stud/Bjork/Smith/Debrusk

I would like to see the following

Ritchie-Krejci-Kase (mix of everything)
or
Bjork-Krejci-Kase (speedy wingers)
or
Stud-Krecji-Smith (speed-skill-scoring)
or
Debrusk-Krecji-Kase (the original idea)

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Fred Coyle Smith

All lines are having some form of success with the exception of the 2nd line which continues to struggle...Thinking bruins need to experiment with Kase/Ritchie/Stud/Bjork/Smith

or
or

Depends on when they come back and how guys are doing. They tried Smith with Krejci last night. Will they stick with it? Will it succeed? If it’s not great then I expect DeBrusk to get a shot at RW on the line.

I think they should be looking at Kase like a spare part at this point. If you could depend on him he could be a great fit with 21 & 46 but he’s been on IR 4 times in 3 years. Can they really afford to build their lineup around that?

An outside the box line I’d like to see at some point (maybe if they hit a rough patch and need a shakeup) is: DeBrusk - Krejci - Coyle.

Last season, Coyle was the player that had the most positive impact on Krejci 5on5, and it seems like Coyle and DeBrusk play well together.

It might also make things easier at the deadline because I would think it would be easier/cheaper to acquire a 3rd line center vs a top6 scorer. Maybe someone like Tierney in Ottawa would be a good playmaker for Ritchie and Smith.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Fred Coyle Smith

All lines are having some form of success with the exception of the 2nd line which continues to struggle...Thinking bruins need to experiment with Kase/Ritchie/Stud/Bjork/Smith/Debrusk

or
or
or

Hard to speculate since we have to be very lucky to have everyone healthy at once....good chance someone will be out...

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Fred Coyle Smith

or
or
or

I don’t consider Kase an option at this point.

I’d prefer to keep Studnicka at RW or center. Has he ever played LW? A lot to ask for a guy who’s already changing positions.

Bjork is not worth trying in a Top 6 spot to until he starts to produce.

I think the realistic combos would be:

DeBrusk — Krejci — Smith
DeBrusk — Krejci — Studnicka

Ritchie — Krejci — DeBrusk
Ritchie — Krejci — Studnicka

How did you spell “Krejci” two different ways in one post? Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad