Ritchie in front
Krejci Point

Gryz and Mac both have no slapper Krejci gives us that threat at the point

PP2
DeBrusk Coyle Smith
Grzelyck McAvoy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not apposed to trying Lindholm on Krecji's wing. Both cerebral players.

And when will Debrusk wake up?

The Bruins got Elias Lindholm? You can't possibly mean Par? Outside of Enforcer-types, has there ever been a NHL forward whose played 100 games and scored less goals than Par Lindholm?

Reactions: JOKER 192 and duffy

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Almost time for taxi squad forward players...they simply can't be any worse than the low production players on the active roster. Other than Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand why not?

Cassidy said we will see players from taxi squad with opportunities and expect some changeover.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Almost time for taxi squad forward players...they simply can't be any worse than the low production players on the active roster. Other than Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand why not?

Cassidy said we will see players from taxi squad with opportunities and expect some changeover.
Wouldn't mind seeing a straight rotation of the kids up front until something clicks (like it seems Frederic has).

Reactions: Blowfish

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Just checking who has delivered so far this year and some surprises.

Bobby Ryan has 3 goals,
Hall 6 pts (Expected and depressing)
Jakob Chychrun actually has 4 pts

there were players available other then the McEggs and McBacon's of the World

Smith is a good pickup, guess we may as well run the kids, maybe try Lantosi while we are at it.

So far Frederic, Stud and Zboril have not looked out of place.

Ritchie is much better and Bjork has been decent

Reactions: duffy

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
The Bruins got Elias Lindholm? You can't possibly mean Par? Outside of Enforcer-types, has there ever been a NHL forward whose played 100 games and scored less goals than Par Lindholm?
By this time next year Ondrej Kase will have obliterated that record for his Bruins career.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looking forward to hearing the line-up break down today.

Moore or Clifton?

Lindholm?

Zachary?

Thinking Freddy should be moved up from 4th line.

Thinking Smith should be moved up to 1st line.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Surprise, surprise, I was bored again this morning and figured I'd take on a project for the season. My goal is to track each players xGF at 5v5 for each game. I'm interested to see if there is a correlation between what the eye test says, production (goals/assist) and see if it can give an idea of when a player maybe about to get hot.

Here is the first one I threw together through the first 3 games. I have every player, but I choose these ones because they each were interesting to see in their own way. The dotted red lines are the upper and lower limits. If a player is outside of those lines then they were really good compared to the team (above) or really bad (below). So far the lower limit has been 0.00 or less so no one has fallen below.

upload_2021-1-20_9-20-43.png

So some interesting things to notice (again this is all 5v5 hockey)

Marchand - Was at 0.00 xGF in his first two games, which isn't a surprise since Marchand has 0 SOG at 5v5 for the first two games (that's a surprise)

Ritchie - Monster xGF game 1 and was above the upper again for game 3. He ranks #2 right now on the team in xGF for the season

Smith - Didn't play game one, but you can see his line trending up

Krejci - Doesn't feel like he's really been that much of a threat, but G1 he was right around team average and games 2 and 3 he was above the upper limit.

Bergeron - I have him in here just cause he's Bergeron lol.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Don please please STOP!

My Sweeney infuriating annoyance issue continues to be his very poor performance identifying and recruiting players ... please no more high risk players with a history of injury and concussions - Nash, Kase, Backes. All failed players meant to help Krejci.

Hoping with Kase Don has learned.

Bruins continue throwing out high draft picks, quality drafted players, and players for risk. Gotta stop!

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This evening Globe:

Pastrnak still mending

David Pastrnak (hip surgery) remains out of the Boston lineup and isn’t likely to make his ’21 debut for at least another three weeks.
Pastrnak, who tied for the league lead in goals (48 ) last season, did some light skating with the club Wednesday for the first time. Per Cassidy, the prolific Czech winger could join some drills next week, provided he doesn’t experience any setbacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00