Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion V - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Love to have Laine, an outstanding goal scorer, on this team and would give a lot to get him. But how can it be a "win for the future" for the Bruins if he's only signed for one more year? I realize there will be cap money available, but there's no guarantee he'll re-sign.
If Laine is available teams will be lining up with better prospects than Sweeney has. Also I’m not a fan of paying 10m+ per season for a wing.

Stamkos unfortunately will most likely never stay consistently healthy. Hard pass from this fan.

I’d like to add some snarl to the 4th line. Especially if Chara decides he’s out

Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I read an article citing the Bruins as being interested to sign Vantanen and he would love the opportunity to play for the B's.
The issue I have is why do we need him / another RH shot on dee is not our priority ( Mac/Carlo/Cliffy and Miller)
We have no cap space either, unless a trade is in the works?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would love Stamkos with the Bruins, but not sure how much I would give up for him due to contract and more importantly his health. If he is 100% healthy and ready to play, yes he is someone I would target for the B's.
With SS injuries in the past and the most recent one he has ( is he fully receovered??) I stay away, far far away from him.
He has a NMC anyway's so he has to agree to a deal.
Why would he leave TBay?
He has a cup, the great weather in TBay and plays on a very competitive team.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The thought of Chara playing for another team makes me sick to my stomach. This team can’t act like they haven’t relied on him heavily these last two seasons. Sure, he’s no longer a #1 but he played against top lines all year for a presidents trophy winning team. If management can’t see he’s worth whatever money we have left to offer then I simply can’t deal.
We have 2.9 million left to spend on players.
The only way I bring big Z back is for league minimum ( like Jumbo Joe and Spezza)
We have young dee like Vaak and Zboril that need to get their feet wet this year, would rather take a flyer on someone like AA.
Erik Haula is still out there as well, maybe he comes at a discounted price?
Hoffman / Granlund boat has sailed, we have no room to sign them.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Ratty

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
We have 2.9 million left to spend on players.
The only way I bring big Z back is for league minimum ( like Jumbo Joe and Spezza)
We have young dee like Vaak and Zboril that need to get their feet wet this year, would rather take a flyer on someone like AA.
Erik Haula is still out there as well, maybe he comes at a discounted price?
Hoffman / Granlund boat has sailed, we have no room to sign them.
there's also no guarantee Providence will be playing in 2020/2021..... Atlanta isn't, so that's not an option this season.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I will debate this, Cassidy praised the Bruins for not responding to the hit on Rask last year by Bemstrom. It isn't like Cassidy hasn't critized players in the media before so if he "did it to have his players backs" it would be a first. Cassidy had a passive team in Washington, was a passive player and I am sure has input into what type of players the Bruins seek to acquire by free agency at least and possibly some input into the draft.

I am not saying Cassidy is the only cause for this team being so soft and passive but he is a major piece of the blame pie. Scouts, (pro and amateur), Sweeney and Neely all have a large say as well.

Hopefully it is starting to sink in that you can't win in the playoffs being passive and counting on your power play to win. That might work in game 31 of the regular season but not in game 7 of the playoffs.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I will debate this, Cassidy praised the Bruins for not responding to the hit on Rask last year by Bemstrom. It isn't like Cassidy hasn't critized players in the media before so if he "did it to have his players backs" it would be a first. Cassidy had a passive team in Washington, was a passive player and I am sure has input into what type of players the Bruins seek to acquire by free agency at least and possibly some input into the draft.

I am not saying Cassidy is the only cause for this team being so soft and passive but he is a major piece of the blame pie. Scouts, (pro and amateur), Sweeney and Neely all have a large say as well.

Hopefully it is starting to sink in that you can't win in the playoffs being passive and counting on your power play to win. That might work in game 31 of the regular season but not in game 7 of the playoffs.
I think of that game where the Bruins dummied the Caps like 7-2, or 7-3 - Wilson was running around like a lunatic and even injured a guy or two, zero response from the Bruins.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I wouldn't. In a 7-2, 7-3 game if a guy is running around and you stand there and take it, that's even worse.

Maybe I'm not one of those "Let the league take care of it" type of people.
No one should be allowed to run around create havoc. The problem lies with the league’s disciplinary action, or lack thereof. Kick the guy out of the game after setting majors. Eventually they and the coaches will get the message that these mayhem shenanigans will not be tolerated.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Love to have Laine, an outstanding goal scorer, on this team and would give a lot to get him. But how can it be a "win for the future" for the Bruins if he's only signed for one more year? I realize there will be cap money available, but there's no guarantee he'll re-sign.
See if the Jets will let you work out an extension before trading for him. It’s a pipe dream just having fun.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
No one should be allowed to run around create havoc. The problem lies with the league’s disciplinary action, or lack thereof. Kick the guy out of the game after setting majors. Eventually they and the coaches will get the message that these mayhem shenanigans will not be tolerated.
Wrong, you have a player to stop the running around.

It absolutely amazes me that one guy in Wilson causes so much consternation. Play the game tough, stand up for your teammates, don't be a baby and expect the league to solve your issues and have a couple guys that can handle a Wilson. Problem solved and the "Speed and Skill" crowd can watch Bjork skate around in circles creating nothing to their hearts content.

If you want soccer on ice the SEL is and KHL are playing.

Reactions: Sheppy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad