Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion V - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Clifton needs protecting, Vaak does not.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that you HAVE TO EXPOSE 1 defenceman that has played in 40 games during the 2020/2021 season or 70 games over 2019/2020 and 2020/2021.

Right now only Carlo, McAvoy and Gryz meet that.

Clifton needs to play 31, while Moore, Lauzon, Kampfer, Zboril and Miller need to play 40 to meet exposure requirements. They can still be chosen by Seattle, but one has to be made available that meets the criteria.

Unless the NHL, Seattle and the PA reach an agreement to somehow prorate everything, that's what you are dealing with.
So they can play shuffle the deck, sitting guys out to guarantee that a lesser D man gets to the 40 game line, right?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
People are jumping the gun on Gryz. The Bruins have used him as a third pairing defenseman to this point, so how would Seattle be nuts not to take him? I like Gryz but we are going to find out a lot about him this year with Krug and Chara (most likely?) gone. There is a lot left to be determined on the player.

Personally, I think Lauzon jumps him in importance by the end of the season. I'm higher on Lauzon than most, and I'm putting more stock in what I saw in Lauzon before the bubble than during the bubble.

I like you, think Lauzon has more upside then what we have seen so far but I don't think this is the season Lauzon passes Grizz.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Okay, I have read a lot of post about Hanifan. Not sure why it makes sense for Calgary..BUT

1st) if Hanifan comes here Studnicka goes the other way.

2) Bennett probably wont be traded but would love to add him.

Long term success probably not best to trade Studnicka. Short term makes sense.

I love what these 2 players would add.

I'll give it a shot

Hanny and Benney
For
Studnicka, Bjork, Moore, 1st, Clifton.

Sign Chara 1yr/1 million

Marchand Bergy Pasta
Debrusk Krecji Smith
Bennett Coyle Kase
Ritchie Kuralry Wags
Kuhlman, Freddy.

Hanifan McAvoy
Gryz Carlo
Chara Lauzon/Miller

Zboril

Didn't do the math but might be over cap by peanuts.

That line up can smack you in the mouth

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Okay, I have read a lot of post about Hanifan. Not sure why it makes sense for Calgary..BUT

1st) if Hanifan comes here Studnicka goes the other way.

2) Bennett probably wont be traded but would love to add him.

Long term success probably not best to trade Studnicka. Short term makes sense.

I love what these 2 players would add.

I'll give it a shot

Hanny and Benney
For
Studnicka, Bjork, Moore, 1st, Clifton.

Sign Chara 1yr/1 million

Marchand Bergy Pasta
Debrusk Krecji Smith
Bennett Coyle Kase
Ritchie Kuralry Wags
Kuhlman, Freddy.

Hanifan McAvoy
Gryz Carlo
Chara Lauzon/Miller

Zboril

Didn't do the math but might be over cap by peanuts.

That line up can smack you in the mouth
Love the lineup but I wouldn’t give up Studnicka in this deal.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Noticed some jersey number swaps for a few of the players according to Bruins website. Sorry if mention somewhere else I didn't see. I think the Bruins are counting on them this year.
Jeremy Lauzon will wear #55
Jack Studnicka will wear #23
Trent Frederic will wear #11
Craig Smith will wear #22
Greg McKegg will wear #18
Good news here because this likely means Frederick is going to be on the roster. :thumbu:

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Love the lineup but I wouldn’t give up Studnicka in this deal.

Agreed. I dont want to give up studnicka but if your wanting a top pairing guy like OEL or Hanifan the conversation starts with Studnicka IMO

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Is kase and vak for hannifin I think.

0% chance I think Calgary gives up a young top pairing guy on a good contract for a 3rd liner with concussion issues and a young prospect that is over hyped on this board who also is already a concussion deep.

Hanifan starts with Studnicka or Debrusk.

Reactions: Blowfish

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
0% chance I think Calgary gives up a young top pairing guy on a good contract for a 3rd liner with concussion issues and a young prospect that is over hyped on this board who also is already a concussion deep.

I think you are rating Hanifin a little bit high on the defenseman chart. For his 5 year career he is -47 overall. He could contribute with some offensive skills and he does have size as a positive factor.

I would not include Studnicka or Debrusk if trying to trade for him. I think we should stick with our young D of McAvoy and Carlo and just see if a left defenseman with some offensive skills becomes available. Do not rush into anything.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Boston refused to include Studnicka in a deal for OEL and trading DeBrusk weakens their 5v5 goal scoring.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Honestly, I take a 43 year old Chara at 1.5 million over Hanifin if the cost is Debrusk or Studnicka.
2021 UFA d-crop is weak. Here's to hoping Zboril/Vaak show one or both can be top 4 guys.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I think you are rating Hanifin a little bit high on the defenseman chart. For his 5 year career he is -47 overall. He could contribute with some offensive skills and he does have size as a positive factor.

I would not include Studnicka or Debrusk if trying to trade for him. I think we should stick with our young D of McAvoy and Carlo and just see if a left defenseman with some offensive skills becomes available. Do not rush into anything.

I'm not saying we should make the deal. I just saw a lot of post about Hanifan and threw out a trade that I think would realistically land him.

I dont think Calgary is going to give him up for peanuts. He is a young top 4 with a huge ceiling on a good contract.

My point was if I am the GM in Calgary and Sweeny calls me, if one of Studnicka or Debrusk is not mentioned I'm hanging up.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
not trading stud at this point.
You have to give to get. Hanafin has a better chance of being a top pairing D than Studnicka does of being a top line center. I would prefer to see Kase in the trade but if Studnicka is the stumbling point I would do it, also love Bennett.

Hanafin and Chara in I have a lot more faith in the D this year.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a -92 over his career.

So why are we coveting these two stiffs?

Reactions: bbfan419

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a -92 over his career.

So why are we coveting these two stiffs?
Half of them believe Hanifin being a local will magically change him into a good player if he's traded here. I expect them to be shocked like Calagary fans were when Alberta boy Bouwmeester was acquired by the Flames and kind of sucked.

The other half believe he's some guy named Hanafan.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Half of them believe Hanifin being a local will magically change him into a good player if he's traded here. I expect them to be shocked like Calagary fans were when Alberta boy Bouwmeester was acquired by the Flames and kind of sucked.

The other half believe he's some guy named Hanafan.

What's funny is he could produce like he is now (but in Boston) and people would think that's true. Charlie Coyle is a perfect example of that as his production is roughly the same as it was when he was in Minnesota. In his last 3 full seasons w/ Minny he was around a 48pt player. His first full season in Boston he was around a 43pt player.

Team
G
A
PTS
HIT
BLKS
TKA
GVA
Tk/Gv Diff
MIN ('15-'18)
18​
30​
48​
109​
66​
34​
32​
+2​
BOS ('19-'20)
19​
24​
43​
97​
40​
56​
39​
+17​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not a huge difference, outside of getting exposure in a major market like Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad