Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion IV - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

sure its nice we got kiddos pastrnak and mcavoy coming along... but stack them up against the next 20 teams in the nhl and they all got at least 2 comparables themselves. maybe things work for us in 4-5 years and we will still be competing but the likely reality is we aint going to find another bergeron/chara this decade. these are special guys we have enjoyed here. i wish actually, a few of you would show a little more gratitude for just how well youve had it as bruin fans being able to watch these guys

anyhow... there is a cap to manage. the cap will serve as reality number 1 as it always does when we are trying to get over the top

theres also a covid thing going on that might be hurting ownerships pocketbook... n0t sure about that

theres also just many many many many magic recipes to make stanley cup soup and some come close without getting over the top because THERE IS COMPETITION FOR THE SILVER PRIZE

yes... each year there are going to be more than a small handful of teams that reach the playoffs and there will be 'experts' predicting each of these handful of teams has done 'enough' to win

not everyone wins. if theres 7 teams that get love in vegas as potential winners... 6 are still going to end up losers.

aint no way in hell anyone can know in the offseason whether any team has done the magic to guarantee themselves a cup. sorry geniuses you can all show us your predictions of how things will finish this year but you are all going to be wrong wrong and more wrong

the games must be played

if you want to bet against a team... any team... you will look like a genius more often than not. i can predict tampa wont win the cup for the next 20 years and i will be right at least 18 times bank it.

betting against a team winning is just going to make you right alot of the time

but someone wins
being in the hunt... having a hope... thats all anyone can be promised
weve been in the hunt... weve given fans like me a hope... and i thank the hockey gods im a bruin fan

this year... i expect i will be getting more hope... and honestly smart money says i will be getting more hope the next season too. our window is still open.
Show me the 20 teams and their comparables Pasta and McAvoy outside their core.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not sure about this however I'm guessing the NHL, Peter, and SHL can agree to break a contract? A quick search does show it happening. My guess is Peter would like to return to the NHL sooner than later.

Marcus Davidsson Terminates Contract In SHL

He terminated his contract to play in a lower league in Sweden?

Much like international transfers require the approval of each countries governing bodies, USA hockey, Swedish Ice Hockey Federation and the IIHF.

I doubt that the SHL is just going to let PC walk with how he is doing there without having the NHL buyout his contract and pay the transfer fees much like the Bruins had to do with Soderberg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Give me Chara and Pacioretty on the same team. Sure.

*Watches Montreal burn*

:popcorn:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Pacioretty. Marchessault. Martinez. All rumored to be on the market for Vegas to clear cap. Isn’t Marchessault and Bergeron good friends?

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Forget his Montreal days. Max is a pure scorer, one skill we’ve been seeking for some time. But his $7m salary for the next three years is a little too rich for me.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Pacioretty. Marchessault. Martinez. All rumored to be on the market for Vegas to clear cap. Isn’t Marchessault and Bergeron good friends?
Marchessault has played in Bergeron's charity tournament the last couple years, at least. But you can probably say that about most of the French speaking NHLers lol.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Show me the 20 teams and their comparables Pasta and McAvoy outside their core.

if you ask their fans...
vancouver is pretty happy with their top 2 kids
edmonton wouldnt have any issues saying their top 2 kids are as good as ours
winnipeg is going to say they are happy with theirs
toronto thinks their guys walk on water
ottawa... got to think they are feeling optomistic with their kids too

does dallas think they stack up against us?
colorado must right?
panthers?
sabres
flyers
hurricanes?
devils?
rangers
islanders?

i dont think its a stretch at all for these fan bases to think they have 2 kids that will be comparable to pastnak/mcavoy 4-5 years down the road

other teams might be more of a stretch.. or not... honestly most teams think they got at least 3 hotshot under 25 year olds that are going to be studs in the leage 4-5 years down the road

takes more than just having a couple studs to be a contender... got to have the depth and your studs have to be true elite leadership types

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Marchessault has played in Bergeron's charity tournament the last couple years, at least. But you can probably say that about most of the French speaking NHLers lol.
How do he and Stamkos get along? I think we should bring him in even though he's from Ontario. :nod:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The fact Martinez is on the last year of his deal makes him more attractive to me. Means he doesn’t have to be protected and if he likes it here he could still resign. Problem is given he’s due to earn 4M we can’t afford him. Given that Vegas’ primary goal in dealing him they certainly will not retain. In a world where 4M in cap space were dropped into our pocket I would prefer to use it on a FA to be left D. Not sure if Martinez is the right one or not.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Bruins retained Peter Cehlarik

he’s playing in SEL

as of Monday

leads SEL the top Sweden League in goals (12)

fourth in points (21 in 20 games)

third in shots (70)

and get this

13th in BLOCKED SHOTS??? (16)

he is under contract and won’t be coming over but Bruins own his rights

he is not a Cassidy fan
Never could figure out why Cassidy wouldn’t give him a longer shot. Puts up points everywhere he goes. He’s not the best in the neutral zone because of his foot speed but his passing and shooting has NHL written all over it.

Reactions: Ratty and DKH

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I heard on TV tonight that some hockey analysts are saying that they think two of the Bruins, Capitals, Islanders could be left out of the playoffs with the new alignment for the upcoming season.

Bos, Buf, NJ, NYI, NYR, Wsh, Phi, Pit, what teams do you think will be on the outside come playoff time?

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I heard on TV tonight that some hockey analysts are saying that they think two of the Bruins, Capitals, Islanders could be left out of the playoffs with the new alignment for the upcoming season.

Bos, Buf, NJ, NYI, NYR, Wsh, Phi, Pit, what teams do you think will be on the outside come playoff time?
NJ, Buff.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What’s the guess on Chara

takes two to Tango

we know now the time frame

seems perfect for him 56 games not a lot of travel and Canada with 120 M vaccine doses 4 times their population so I would think the 60% + NHL players will be vaccinated

does he want to play
do they want him

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If Vegas is looking to get rid of salary, I heard that Mark Stone guy is not too bad. Won't happen, but what a perfect fit for the Bruins, they would have to take back some salary to even consider it for our part.

Reactions: BAD BOY

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bjork + Moore = 4.35 million
Kase + Moore = 5.35 million

Whatever deal a team who's looking to get to the floor or could use a serviceable 5-6 depth dman, I take it and run and maybe hope to get a reclamation project or 3rd round pick back.
Leaves enough for Hoffman @ 5 million, Chara @ 1.5 million

Marshy-Bergy-Studnicka
Hoffman-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner
Frederic

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Chara-Zboril
Clifton/Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.