Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion IV - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
With the Covid uncertainty and a stagnant cap for 2 or three years Don’s approach might not be as bad as most of us think. We will have over 25 mil is space next year. Let’s see how things play out

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I say stand pat and watch teams over or close to cap with ridiculous players signings strangle themselves and need cap teams to giving them a helping hand. Donny is doing the right thing here.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
How many teams have the cap space to take on 7 mil contracts right now?
I agree, plus how many teams want to pay that much money for these players at this time in their careers.

I could see maybe a deadline deal when a team has a decent chance of going deep into the playoffs. 1.75 mil or so would be much easier for teams to add under their cap space.

I do not see many interested parties stepping up for these deals. Nor do many teams want to help the Bruins out with their cap space issues.

Reactions: NDiesel

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When is the NHL planning to make the announcement of season starting/bubbles etc?
If there's going to be fans allowed etc?
I mean we're already in November here

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
When is the NHL planning to make the announcement of season starting/bubbles etc?
If there's going to be fans allowed etc?
I mean we're already in November here

And we are also in the middle of a covid surge. England, France and Germany all headed back to March style lockdowns. An election in the US that results control what every different strategies are going to be used to combat the virus. How on earth can you announce anything with so much unknown?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Do you guys plan on keeping Rask for his last year of his deal, regardless of what happened in the bubble? It’s a fantasy hockey question. I’m in a deep league and am contemplating whether or not to take him.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Do you guys plan on keeping Rask for his last year of his deal, regardless of what happened in the bubble? It’s a fantasy hockey question. I’m in a deep league and am contemplating whether or not to take him.
There were rumors earlier in the offseason that the Bruins were listening/floating Rask's name in trade talks. Later, Sweeney said the plan is to go with Rask and Halak next season. Can plans change, sure, but Rask and his agent have said that the plan is for Rask to honor his contract for next season. Regardless if he is a Bruin or not to start the season, good chance he's going to be a starting goaltender.

Reactions: CraigsList

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's here for this year most likely. Its not like there is anyone out there they can sign to take on some of his minutes, and Vlader isn't ready for prime-time yet even as a back-up. Very doubtful at this point they trade him for another goaltender. Rask is here this year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Weve won playoff rounds the last 3 years... had top 4 finishes in the regular season...

St louis is weaker now then when they won
Tampa is in cap hell
Vegas??? Who knows

The right smart correct move is to fine tune

Theres 7-8 imperfect teams trying to finetune
If things bounce right for us
If health can hold
We should have cap room to patch

Theres kids we are hopeful for... give them air

Weve been very good... sorry for those of you unable to enjoy it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Get jake debrusk signed now... and get chara signed... sooner the better

Id like to see an offer sheet thrown at tampa but honestly more to screw them. I think we got the team here now we are going with

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's here for this year most likely. Its not like there is anyone out there they can sign to take on some of his minutes, and Vlader isn't ready for prime-time yet even as a back-up. Very doubtful at this point they trade him for another goaltender. Rask is here this year.
There were rumors earlier in the offseason that the Bruins were listening/floating Rask's name in trade talks. Later, Sweeney said the plan is to go with Rask and Halak next season. Can plans change, sure, but Rask and his agent have said that the plan is for Rask to honor his contract for next season. Regardless if he is a Bruin or not to start the season, good chance he's going to be a starting goaltender.

I know his GP has decreased a bit, but would he crack 50 GP again, assuming it’s an 82 game season?

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I know his GP has decreased a bit, but would he crack 50 GP again, assuming it’s an 82 game season?

Won't be 82, I'd say a half year at most. His work load went down and his numbers went up so good chance he splits roughly down the middle with Halak.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

If I had to bet I'd say no. If he did, it would only be by a few games. It's harder to say because we may see a lot of back-2-backs (which would see a more even 50/50 split) but it could swing the opposite way. What if they try to reduce travel and have teams play 3 games in 3 days against the same team like they do in the AHL. Then you could see the pendulum swing the other way with Rask playing 2 out of 3. I don't know if there are CBA clauses that prevent that (like minimum days off that sort of thing), just speculating as the format will dictate a lot of how many the 1A guy gets vs. the 1B.

Reactions: CraigsList
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->