Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion IV - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
If there is any realistic chance of getting Laine I don't understand how Don isn't all over that. Pasta / Laine for the next 10 years is incredible to build around forward wise. You know how easy it will be to find a premier center? who wouldn't want to play with those two?

Laine / Pasta
McAvoy / Carlo
Swayman / Keyser

Feel like that's a very nice young core to build the next cup runs around. You might be able to add Studs to that if he develops nicely. Already have some potentially great compliment players to in Fredrick, Beecher etc. Pipe dream but if I'm GM I am on the phone every day with WPG.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What I hate about Laine / Pasta is that they both play the same spot on the PP where they do a lot of their damage.

Are you OK with moving Pasta to the bumper instead of the Ovi position? Not another spot for a right hand shot on the PP that makes sense for Pasta... and Laine I don't think would work well in the bumper.

Maybe you drop some acid and put Pasta in Krug's spot?

Just think another team would be a better fit and should be willing to pay more.

Last edited:

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Hoffman would be a solid add on a 1 year deal. I really like the looks of this line up

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hoffman-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Kurlay-Wagner

Studnicka can fill in for Pasta while he is out and can fill in up and down the top 9 though out the season. Frederic and Senyshyn can battle it out foe the extra spot and sub in the bottom 6.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Hoffman would be a solid add on a 1 year deal. I really like the looks of this line up

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Hoffman-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Kurlay-Wagner

Studnicka can fill in for Pasta while he is out and can fill in up and down the top 9 though out the season. Frederic and Senyshyn can battle it out foe the extra spot and sub in the bottom 6.
We have no cap space to sign JDB and Hoffman, if we did, he whould be a Bruin by now.
Who are you trading to get cap space?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
BOSTON HOCKEY NOW: Joe Haggerty reports Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy intends to take a firmer hand in coaching more offense from his defense. Some of his attention is due to the younger blueliners in the lineup, but also upon how to replace the production lost by Torey Krug’s recent departure to St. Louis.

No one among the Bruins’ current defense corps has tallied more than 32 points in a season. Cassidy suggests Charlie McAvoy and Matt Grzelcyk could be candidates to replace Krug’s offense, especially on the power play. He also didn’t rule out another move by the Bruins to address that issue.

Haggerty noted the Bruins’ attempt to acquire Arizona Coyotes captain Oliver Ekman-Larsson last month. It sounds like Cassidy is advocating for the Bruins to pursue an Ekman-Larsson type of defenseman, but that won’t be easy given their limited salary-cap space.

Haggerty also wondered if the door was fully shut on acquiring Ekman-Larsson later in the season. The Coyotes’ efforts to move the 29-year-old blueliner ended when a deal couldn’t be reached before his deadline of Oct. 9.
In a recent interview, Ekman-Larsson expressed his desire to remain with the Coyotes. However, the club is currently facing difficult fiscal times. Ekman-Larsson explained why he chose the Bruins as one of the two clubs he’d accept being traded to, indicating they showed interest in him before he signed his current contract plus he spent time in Boston during the 2012-13 lockout.

Ekman-Larsson said he’d leave further trade situations up to Coyotes general manager Bill Armstrong. Haggerty speculates that could create an opportunity to revisit a trade to the Bruins at some point during the 2020-21 season. He acknowledged the Bruins would have to shed salary and perhaps convince the Coyotes to absorb part of Ekman-Larsson’s $8.25 million annual average value.

NBC SPORTS: Adam Gretz recently pondered David Krejci’s future with the Bruins. The 34-year-old center is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer and has no intention of retiring.
Krejci’s age could be a concern as his production and level of play will inevitably decline. The Bruins, meanwhile, have $45 million invested in 12 players for 2021-22 with restricted free agent winger Jake DeBrusk still to sign plus Brandon Carlo, Ondrej Kase and Nick Ritchie slated for RFA status next summer. Goaltenders Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak become unrestricted at the end of this season.

Gretz speculates a two- or three-year deal worth around $5.5 million annually seems reasonable for the Bruins given their circumstances. If Krejci wants more, however, he’ll have to test the market.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We have no cap space to sign JDB and Hoffman, if we did, he whould be a Bruin by now.
Who are you trading to get cap space?

They need to move a few guys for futures and make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 and a pick type of move.

There’s always a way.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
BOSTON HOCKEY NOW: Joe Haggerty reports Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy intends to take a firmer hand in coaching more offense from his defense. Some of his attention is due to the younger blueliners in the lineup, but also upon how to replace the production lost by Torey Krug’s recent departure to St. Louis.

No one among the Bruins’ current defense corps has tallied more than 32 points in a season. Cassidy suggests Charlie McAvoy and Matt Grzelcyk could be candidates to replace Krug’s offense, especially on the power play. He also didn’t rule out another move by the Bruins to address that issue.

Haggerty noted the Bruins’ attempt to acquire Arizona Coyotes captain Oliver Ekman-Larsson last month. It sounds like Cassidy is advocating for the Bruins to pursue an Ekman-Larsson type of defenseman, but that won’t be easy given their limited salary-cap space.

Haggerty also wondered if the door was fully shut on acquiring Ekman-Larsson later in the season. The Coyotes’ efforts to move the 29-year-old blueliner ended when a deal couldn’t be reached before his deadline of Oct. 9.
In a recent interview, Ekman-Larsson expressed his desire to remain with the Coyotes. However, the club is currently facing difficult fiscal times. Ekman-Larsson explained why he chose the Bruins as one of the two clubs he’d accept being traded to, indicating they showed interest in him before he signed his current contract plus he spent time in Boston during the 2012-13 lockout.

Ekman-Larsson said he’d leave further trade situations up to Coyotes general manager Bill Armstrong. Haggerty speculates that could create an opportunity to revisit a trade to the Bruins at some point during the 2020-21 season. He acknowledged the Bruins would have to shed salary and perhaps convince the Coyotes to absorb part of Ekman-Larsson’s $8.25 million annual average value.

NBC SPORTS: Adam Gretz recently pondered David Krejci’s future with the Bruins. The 34-year-old center is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer and has no intention of retiring.
Krejci’s age could be a concern as his production and level of play will inevitably decline. The Bruins, meanwhile, have $45 million invested in 12 players for 2021-22 with restricted free agent winger Jake DeBrusk still to sign plus Brandon Carlo, Ondrej Kase and Nick Ritchie slated for RFA status next summer. Goaltenders Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak become unrestricted at the end of this season.

Gretz speculates a two- or three-year deal worth around $5.5 million annually seems reasonable for the Bruins given their circumstances. If Krejci wants more, however, he’ll have to test the market.
Any consideration of an extension for Krejci’s would depend, IMO on the performance of Studnicka during this season. That is, of course, if he’s given the opportunity. Studs has been mentioned as a future replacement for DK. For this year he’ll probably make the opening eve roster if either or both Marchand and Pasternak are still recuperating.

I, for one, am anxious to see how he does over a longer stretch of time.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would still give Krejci 2-3 years at 5.5 per if he would be willing to take it, even if Studnicka is a stud

Don’t think I would go much more than that though. Hopefully the bruins feel the same way. He deserves to at least have the option of ending his career here

Reactions: HustleB

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I would still give Krejci 2-3 years at 5.5 per if he would be willing to take it, even if Studnicka is a stud

Don’t think I would go much more than that though. Hopefully the bruins feel the same way. He deserves to at least have the option of ending his career here

So if Stud is a stud...as much as I love DK, not sure that's smart asset management.

Especially with Coyle still on the team.

If it was for a lot less money- say $3mill...different story. Not $5.5

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So if Stud is a stud...as much as I love DK, not sure that's smart asset management.

Especially with Coyle still on the team.

If it was for a lot less money- say $3mill...different story. Not $5.5

If Studnicka is a stud, he won't cost much for a couple of years so paying $5 mil for Krejci for a couple of seasons should be affordable.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Would love to see Krejci finish career in Boston but the selfish me wants to see the bruins trade him for futures.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

My guess is Krejci would jump all over 2-3 at 5.5 and laugh while doing it. The thought of paying a 37 year old Krejci 5.5 makes me violently ill.
Our top two centers need to be replaced sooner rather than later. The sooner we can move on from them the better.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
My guess is Krejci would jump all over 2-3 at 5.5 and laugh while doing it. The thought of paying a 37 year old Krejci 5.5 makes me violently ill.
Our top two centers need to be replaced sooner rather than later. The sooner we can move on from them the better.
Well, Krejci’s contract is over at the end of this upcoming season. So, there’s that.

Bergeron has another year after that. We’ll have to see how he holds up with his perennial groin issues. But yeah, we may need two new centers in the next nineteen months.

Reactions: duffy and bbfan419

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
If Studnicka plays his way on to a C position at the end of this season,where does Krejci play if re-signed? Bergy, Stud, Coyle. Fourth line? Nice to see DK, like Z, finish his career in Boston. But that’s sentiment, not reality.

on a wing ? can take face offs if need be,kill penalties

Reactions: Ratty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad