Boston Bruins 2020-2021 Roster Discussion IV - STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I have always figured 2 years 5mill per extensions for Krejci and Rask after the expansion draft. Between that and Backes money coming off the books opens up 5.75mill of cap space.

I have said this before I think Marchand-Bergeron-Studnicka could be a great line. I also think over time Studnicka could move over to the Center spot with Bergy moving to the wing like Giroux and Couts in Philly.

With Pasta and Kase being friends and them looking up to Krejci I would also love to see a Kase-Krejci-Pastrnak line.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I have always figured 2 years 5mill per extensions for Krejci and Rask after the expansion draft. Between that and Backes money coming off the books opens up 5.75mill of cap space.

I have said this before I think Marchand-Bergeron-Studnicka could be a great line. I also think over time Studnicka could move over to the Center spot with Bergy moving to the wing like Giroux and Couts in Philly.

With Pasta and Kase being friends and them looking up to Krejci I would also love to see a Kase-Krejci-Pastrnak line.
Sounds great....a Czeching Line! Here’s to Friendship!

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Best thing about Krejci is that his skill set is conducive to being productive late into his 30s imo

I may end up being wrong but I do not think I am

I agree, he’s never had or needed speed. He could move to wing on line 3 if Studnicka proves capable of being a 16 - 18 minute 2C.

And, just my opinion, but if he was used in PP 1 more over the last 3-4 years he could have had 30-40 more points .

Reactions: CDJ

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I would still give Krejci 2-3 years at 5.5 per if he would be willing to take it, even if Studnicka is a stud

Don’t think I would go much more than that though. Hopefully the bruins feel the same way. He deserves to at least have the option of ending his career here
The longer we keep Krejci, the longer we will take to find or allow his successor to develop to replace him.

The Bergeron/Krejci 1:2 punch served us well, but I really think this team needs to start moving forward. And that can begin without resigning Krejci to multi-year expensive contract.

Maybe 1 year, no more than two for Krejci. But in an ideal world Coyle steps up as a stop gap, Stud can develop into a middle 6 forward and we let Krejci go and use that money to improve the defense or shore up the wings.

Reactions: Don Cherry

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My guess is Krejci would jump all over 2-3 at 5.5 and laugh while doing it. The thought of paying a 37 year old Krejci 5.5 makes me violently ill.
Our top two centers need to be replaced sooner rather than later. The sooner we can move on from them the better.
Exactly and Barkov could be a UFA soon enough.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Well, Krejci’s contract is over at the end of this upcoming season. So, there’s that.

Bergeron has another year after that. We’ll have to see how he holds up with his perennial groin issues. But yeah, we may need two new centers in the next nineteen months.
Can we just sign Barkov and McKinnon in the next two years please :)

Reactions: duffy

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I would extend Krejci 3 5.5 all day. I’d try to get him to do 2 for 12 first. He has the versatility to play the wing with Stud or Coyle in my opinion. But with injuries to Bergeron I see him playing more center then anything else.

Nothing against DK but I would wait on this one. Let the expansion draft pass. Also see what shakes loose in the off season. Next year will likely be much like this year with teams having to make hard choices and UFA's taking lower deals. I wait and see there is time to sign DK if nothing better surfaces.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nothing against DK but I would wait on this one. Let the expansion draft pass. Also see what shakes loose in the off season. Next year will likely be much like this year with teams having to make hard choices and UFA's taking lower deals. I wait and see there is time to sign DK if nothing better surfaces.

I think it's time to move on completely. I have much respect for what Krejci has brought to this franchise, one of the all-time great Bruins IMO, very underrated. But it's not about what he deserves or any such nonsense. You can't hang onto the past forever. Bergeron will still be under contract. Coyle is signed long-term. The Bruins best forward prospect, by far, is a natural center and belongs in the middle IMO. Studnicka already appears blocked for this year with 37-46-13 down the middle and 88-Kase-Smith on the RW. They aren't shifting Jack to LW to start his NHL career, they just aren't. Maybe the use Kase on LW (he's played there before) but I wouldn't count on it as he's mostly been a RW for his NHL career.

My point is, there are only so many seats at the table. All good things come to an end. Chara if he returns this year I cannot envision him back for 2021-22. It would shock me. Who knows what the future holds for Rask in Boston. Even still it's time to begin turning the page on the old core, and that includes Krejci, and have some line-up spots for the young players so many here praise Sweeney for drafting. If these kids are so good you can't keep them in the minors forever. It's been a great run for 37/33/40/46 but sooner rather than later it's time to start a new chapter.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and Ratty

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think it's time to move on completely. I have much respect for what Krejci has brought to this franchise, one of the all-time great Bruins IMO, very underrated. But it's not about what he deserves or any such nonsense. You can't hang onto the past forever. Bergeron will still be under contract. Coyle is signed long-term. The Bruins best forward prospect, by far, is a natural center and belongs in the middle IMO. Studnicka already appears blocked for this year with 37-46-13 down the middle and 88-Kase-Smith on the RW. They aren't shifting Jack to LW to start his NHL career, they just aren't. Maybe the use Kase on LW (he's played there before) but I wouldn't count on it as he's mostly been a RW for his NHL career.

My point is, there are only so many seats at the table. All good things come to an end. Chara if he returns this year I cannot envision him back for 2021-22. It would shock me. Who knows what the future holds for Rask in Boston. Even still it's time to begin turning the page on the old core, and that includes Krejci, and have some line-up spots for the young players so many here praise Sweeney for drafting. If these kids are so good you can't keep them in the minors forever. It's been a great run for 37/33/40/46 but sooner rather than later it's time to start a new chapter.

Totally get your point of view but I don't agree. Having Krejci for 2 years at 5 per once his contract runs out this year could be a great signing.

1. Bergy has been injury riddled for a while now, Studnicka and Coyle aren't really 1-2 centers at this point of their careers. Having Krejci at 5 per gives us that insurance.
2. I think Krejci can move to the wing but he's available to play center in a pinch. With Kase only signed for this year, maybe he becomes our #2 RW in which we never gave him since Iggy/Horton days.
3. Krejci's game doesn't really taper off due to age. He's a Joe Thornton like guy where he likes to slow the pace down. I easily think he's a 50-60 point guy for 2-3 more years.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Totally get your point of view but I don't agree. Having Krejci for 2 years at 5 per once his contract runs out this year could be a great signing.

1. Bergy has been injury riddled for a while now, Studnicka and Coyle aren't really 1-2 centers at this point of their careers. Having Krejci at 5 per gives us that insurance.
2. I think Krejci can move to the wing but he's available to play center in a pinch. With Kase only signed for this year, maybe he becomes our #2 RW in which we never gave him since Iggy/Horton days.
3. Krejci's game doesn't really taper off due to age. He's a Joe Thornton like guy where he likes to slow the pace down. I easily think he's a 50-60 point guy for 2-3 more years.

It could be. You make some good points. For me, it's not even about him not being an effective player ( I think he could be for the reasons you said), or that at say $5 million per he could be good value, just that eventually you need to clear the way for your younger guys. All that being said, if he signed an extension for say 2-years, 5 million, I wouldn't cry about it. He's still an effective player.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It could be. You make some good points. For me, it's not even about him not being an effective player ( I think he could be for the reasons you said), or that at say $5 million per he could be good value, just that eventually you need to clear the way for your younger guys. All that being said, if he signed an extension for say 2-years, 5 million, I wouldn't cry about it. He's still an effective player.

Who knows what the landscape will look like after next season.

We will know a lot better then if there is a real need for Krejci or not.

Perhaps he (and the bruins) already knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->