News Article: 2020-2021 Red Wings Training Camp

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Hard to really pick out players with this quality of broadcast, but I thought Brome, Rasmussen and Hirose had pretty good games. Cholo looked pretty good in the Ozone. couldn't really pick him out defensively. Smith had a nice goal.

Honestly, I would have been just fine with No Gagner, No Ryan and just going with Smith, Rasmussen, Svech this year.

Young? Yep. But based on nothing but goaltending alone, even a young team with Smith, Ras, Svech and Cholo would have been better than last year's squad.
And Yzerman didn't seem to give a shit about finishing 30 points behind the second worst team in the sport.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hard to really pick out players with this quality of broadcast, but I thought Brome, Rasmussen and Hirose had pretty good games. Cholo looked pretty good in the Ozone. couldn't really pick him out defensively. Smith had a nice goal.

Honestly, I would have been just fine with No Gagner, No Ryan and just going with Smith, Rasmussen, Svech this year.

Young? Yep. But based on nothing but goaltending alone, even a young team with Smith, Ras, Svech and Cholo would have been better than last year's squad.
And Yzerman didn't seem to give a shit about finishing 30 points behind the second worst team in the sport.
I could've lived without Flip last year. Or Gagner & Biega resigned @ 1yr. Much rather Vatanen for $2M/1yr., stayed in NJ. I'd have given Vatanen 2yrs at that price, if he was willing. Our RD would be set/stable for the forseeable future.

play 7D/game:
RD
Hronek
Seider
Vatanen
Lindstrom

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Not very good.
We;ll see how it looks opening night.
Thought he looked fine, curious what you didn’t like.

My biggest take away was that Zadina looked like the best player on the ice, or at least the player that really stuck out to me. On the flip side didnt really love anything I saw out of Bert. Found it really hard to evaluate defensive play on the broadcast, probably has something to do with the camera angle.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

My biggest take away was that Zadina looked like the best player on the ice, or at least the player that really stuck out to me. On the flip side didnt really love anything I saw out of Bert. Found it really hard to evaluate defensive play on the broadcast, probably has something to do with the camera angle.
Berts play-style is a little tough to do against your own team in scrimmages.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I think you have to really want it to believe Zadina was the best player on the ice.
I did see a nice sticklift after Bert overskated a puck.

I thought Larkin, despite the giveaway, was quite clearly the best player on the ice.
But maybe he was just the best player taking the puck through the neutral zone - where it's easy to notice players with these angles (or basically, one angle, most of the game).

Fabbri's line scored early and scored in OT but really didn't do much the rest of the game.
I really couldn't even tell who did what on the first goal. Namestnikov centered it and then what?
On the late goal Fabbri and Zadina were getting railroaded in their own zone and then the play broke down and Fabbri took it down the ice. Bernie made 1-2 saves.
But that upper deck backhander was sweet.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
jensen says hello

Man, I didn't previously realize how much Jensen asked for it.
Smith laid a hit and a low check out there today.

It's really hard to get anything good out of Red&White games.
Veterans aren't playing all out except guys like Dylan Larkin, who just doesn't know another speed. Even with this quality of telecast, you could see Larkin's intensity rise after his giveaway led to a goal.

Mantha was gliding around out there today just seeing if he could break glass with his wrist shot.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I could've lived without Flip last year. Or Gagner & Biega resigned @ 1yr. Much rather Vatanen for $2M/1yr., stayed in NJ. I'd have given Vatanen 2yrs at that price, if he was willing. Our RD would be set/stable for the forseeable future.

play 7D/game:
RD
Hronek
Seider
Vatanen
Lindstrom

For me, I wanted to see something like:

Young guy-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Fabbri-Zadina
Young guy -Filppula-Nielsen
Helm-Glendening-Erne

With Svech, Smith, Ras competing for those young guy jobs.
It seems so f***ed to put this off... because we've got a lot of youngsters coming up behind them - not far away.
Berggren. Raymond. Veleno. To name a few.

On defense, I was hoping to see
Nemeth-Hronek
Dekeyser-Seider
Cholo-Brodie
Staal
Brodie, as it turns out, was too expensive, I think. Vatanen was another guy.

I also would have considered a contract to Wennberg, Haula or Wallmark - or some center with real center experience.

Reactions: Winger98

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Your post said Marc Staal was overheard saying those words, along with "HOT MIC ALERT" preceding it.

You made the post, people ran with it. Pitchforks were sharpened, torches were lit, and you just sat back and didn't bother to issue a correction or offer any other explanation.

You know what you did, don't play it off like you're innocent.

I finally saw some of the commotion over on a trade board post.
So, I went back and saw my quote:
HOT MIC alert
someone in the crew over heard saying" Marc Staal saying "I signed up for this?""

Video:

Somehow , despite my post matching what was said in the video, you think I "libeled" Marc Staal?
Somehow you think, while I was driving across the state for work yesterday, I should have been on HFBboards to correct folks who obviously didn't take the time to read "Someone in the crew over heard saying."
And then you act like "I am playing things off like I am innocent" and that I'm guilty of something??

You make the mistake, not me.
You get accusatory, not me.
I explain myself.
You get more accusatory.

And three people like your post?
You guys are too much.

Fine character on display.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

Video:

Somehow , despite my post matching what was said in the video, you think I "libeled" Marc Staal?
Somehow you think, while I was driving across the state for work yesterday, I should have been on HFBboards to correct folks who obviously didn't take the time to read "Someone in the crew over heard saying."
And then you act like "I am playing things off like I am innocent" and that I'm guilty of something??

I explain myself.
You get more accusatory.

You guys are too much.

Just drop it man.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Cholo and Hirose looked pretty good tonight, though Hirose ran into a couple of double teams and lost the puck trying to do too much.

Greiss should be the starter at this point.

Flip and Weird Flip look much better so far, but I understand it's only training camp. WF actually looks significantly more engaged, which is a positive sign.

Taxi squad roster should be interesting.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

Video:

I explain myself.
You get more accusatory.

You guys are too much.

Don’t mean to beat a dead horse here but your original post on the matter at best didn’t make any sense and at worst sounds like you are reporting someone in the crew said they heard staal say that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad