News Article: 2020-2021 Red Wings Training Camp

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Good to see Geno back on the ice quickly. Hopefully he can string a few healthy months together.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I can probably figure this out with some time, but hoping someone else has already done the leg work. Taxi squad is a separate issue from players 21-23 on the roster correct?

So with Svechnikov requiring waivers, and me not wanting to risk it, I can keep him as my 13th forward without exposing him to waivers? Whereas someone like Nielsen, I’d be open to him being claimed if anyone wanted him, so I’d expose him and settle for the taxi squad if that happens to be the case.

Is that an accurate representation of how the roster is working this year?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I can probably figure this out with some time, but hoping someone else has already done the leg work. Taxi squad is a separate issue from players 21-23 on the roster correct?

So with Svechnikov requiring waivers, and me not wanting to risk it, I can keep him as my 13th forward without exposing him to waivers? Whereas someone like Nielsen, I’d be open to him being claimed if anyone wanted him, so I’d expose him and settle for the taxi squad if that happens to be the case.

Is that an accurate representation of how the roster is working this year?
That is my understanding as well. The only difference between the taxi squad and a healthy scratch is that they have to clear waivers and players on 2 way contracts get paid AHL salary (does not apply to Nielsen obviously).

I read the article below.... did not realize that having a taxi squad goaltender is mandatory.

Your guide to the NHL taxi squad | Montreal Gazette

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Took me longer than it should have to find Ras on the 5-on-5 lines. "HOW THE F COULD HE BE ON THE PP AND NOT ON EVEN- Oh there he is. There he is..."

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
guessing Djoos bumps Biega to taxi & we'll roll with 8D. With condensed schedule, we'll likely need it.
Who do you have as the 8? I would claim Kylington and waive Biega:

DK- Hronek
Kylington- Stecher
Merrill-Djoos/Nemeth/Staal

Looks a lot better than last year that is for sure.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Who do you have as the 8? I would claim Kylington and waive Biega:

DK- Hronek
Kylington- Stecher
Merrill-Djoos/Nemeth/Staal

Looks a lot better than last year that is for sure.
Agreed 100%. I do wanna see Lindstrom up, but I think the top 8 you listed works til someone gets moved, then call him up, it's a few months at best.

DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Stecher
Merrill/Djoos/Kylington/Staal

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
The whole "unfit to play" line where they can only say those words and nothing more because of a players union mandate since the 2020 restart, right?

This might be new to fans of teams who weren't included in the 2020 restart but I think that's how the league's been doing it since late July-ish.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Sorry that I'm so late to this party but I wrongly assumed the taxi squad didn't require waivers. For an organization like Detroit in which the AHL club is only a few hours drive away, a taxi squad doesn't really make much of a difference, eh?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The whole "unfit to play" line where they can only say those words and nothing more because of a players union mandate since the 2020 restart, right?

This might be new to fans of teams who weren't included in the 2020 restart but I think that's how the league's been doing it since late July-ish.

Yeah, "unfit to play", UBI (upper-body) and LBI (lower-body) seems to the new terms in use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->