News Article: 2020-2021 Red Wings Training Camp

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
What the f***???
Go away.
Why the f*** is Marc Staal on a Hot Mic during a game.
Hot Mics are a term used people who are mic'd up (broadcasters) and talking without knowing it.

Get a f***ing clue before you start throwing accusations around.

My post was quoting what was said over the hot mic.

I know what a hot mic is.

You worded it poorly if that's what you meant.

I'm dropping this now because I don't feel like arguing over the internet.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Regner is one of those guys with a face for radio and a voice for text-based blogs

Regner was good on the radio way back when - because when he was on, you were probably going to get Red Wings content - something sorely missing on the radio these days.
The best you can say about Regner in his current role is that he obviously has a good relationship with the old guard. He knows the history. He knows the off-the-record story better than just about anyone around the Detroit hockey media, too.
Sometimes, that works its way into some of the things he says.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I like those lines. Except I'd switch Nemeth & Merrill. Erne & Gagner is a coin-toss, both can sit when Helm is back. I'd rotate Djoos in with Merrill & some Lindstrom. Nielsen only needs 10gp for Seattle eligibility.

About that. I didn't hear any announcement about the requirement changing, but it appears with the shortened schedule, it did. When I looked at the expansion draft simulator on CapFriendly the other day, I noticed the 'games requirement' had dropped for all players. No one needs more than 27 games this season to meet the exposure requirement threshold, and Nielsen now displays as already meeting the threshold.

Here are the Detroit players CapFriendly is saying already meet the exposure requirement:

Nielsen
Namestnikov
Fabbri (probably protected)
Larkin (definitely protected)

Stecher
Fulcher
Greiss (likely protected)

Other players in play if they stay healthy and meet the games requirements and/or get re-signed:

Erne (would need to be re-signed, RFA)
DDK (would need 27 GP)
Djoos (would need 27 GP and be re-signed, RFA)

As a reminder, teams need 2 Fs, 1 D, and 1 G.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-10_15-6-38.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
About that. I didn't hear any announcement about the requirement changing, but it appears with the shortened schedule, it did. When I looked at the expansion draft simulator on CapFriendly the other day, I noticed the 'games requirement' had dropped for all players. No one needs more than 27 games this season to meet the exposure requirement threshold, and Nielsen now displays as already meeting the threshold.

Here are the Detroit players CapFriendly is saying already meet the exposure requirement:

Nielsen
Namestnikov
Fabbri (probably protected)
Larkin (definitely protected)

Stecher
Fulcher
Greiss (likely protected)

Other players in play if they stay healthy and meet the games requirements and/or get re-signed:

Erne (would need to be re-signed, RFA)
DDK (would need 27 GP)
Djoos (would need 27 GP and be re-signed, RFA)

As a reminder, teams need 2 Fs, 1 D, and 1 G.
Thanks for doing that homework, I forgot about the short season effect.

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
I watched it Friday night, if you have an Apple TV, you can download the NHL app and stream the game on your tv.

I like Art, I grew up listening to him during my teenage years in the 90's and he's the only local sports radio/tv that loves hockey. I remember his Ice Time shows every Monday night and the ridiculous callers who would offer these one sided trades (Doug Brown and a draft pick for Jagr) and then the legendary playoff post game shows that were super emotional. We don't have any Red Wings talk anymore except on the internet. I'm glad he's working for the Red Wings because he was struggling for a bit when he got laid off of radio.

Reactions: MBH and jaster

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
MBH’s post was worded in a somewhat confusing way. I knew what he meant though.

Lots of other people decided to be children and repeatedly try to tarnish a player’s reputation by spreading false rumors, refusing to look for sources, and being too lazy to look into something themselves when they knew exactly where to find it.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
MBH’s post was worded in a somewhat confusing way. I knew what he meant though.

Lots of other people decided to be children and repeatedly try to tarnish a player’s reputation by spreading false rumors, refusing to look for sources, and being too lazy to look into something themselves when they knew exactly where to find it.

...people going all the way to the conclusion that Yzerman is probably trying to figure out how to offload Staal now.... lol!

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
But yeah, I was surprised to see Pickard's name. He wasn't on the original camp roster and I thought he was still in Europe (which did seem weird at the time).

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I hope Ryan will be ready to start the season but he has missed the last two scrimmages counting this one today and practices. Helm is another who has missed pretty much the whole camp.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
I can understand how Art is tolerable if you grew up on sports radio, but as someone who lived in the boonies out of range, his presentation is unbearable. The combination of overt homerism, nasally midrange-focused voice, and verbosity is too much

Reactions: ShanahanMan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad