Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think it was John Shannon who quoted Brian Lawton (former NHL GM) who said Holloway was ready for the NHL now too...

I wonder if the emergence of Pulju and Holloway make it possible for EDM to not resign Nuge and use the money on an elite goalie and defenseman. Perhaps they'll give him a trial run with 97 before the end of the year to see what we've got. We'd have lots of cash next off season if we didn't resign Nuge, and I like the player. 5 x 5.75 is all I'd offer him in this environment. Holloway's potential emergence takes some of Nuge's leverage away. We'll see what happens.

Legit starting goalie + Dougie Hamilton > Nuge

However, A) Will Hamilton reach free agency B) He would by far be the best RHD, I imagine there'd be lots of potential suitors (mainly Detroit). C) Would he come back to Alberta?

So in letting Nuge go you're taking a massssive gamble on if you can land Hamilton or not.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Legit starting goalie + Dougie Hamilton > Nuge

However, A) Will Hamilton reach free agency B) He would by far be the best RHD, I imagine there'd be lots of potential suitors (mainly Detroit). C) Would he come back to Alberta?

So in letting Nuge go you're taking a massssive gamble on if you can land Hamilton or not.

Our team is showing signs of life but has still been pretty bad. Barring a miracle I don't see a Stanley Cup contender between now and then.

It's far more of a gamble to let Nuge hit UFA status. Unless Holland has a shady deal with Nuge to sign post expansion draft, reports and speculation do not support that, it's best to move him at the deadline no matter what. We can't risk not getting something back for RNH and we "should" get at least a first round pick for him.

Whether we use his cap savings on Hamilton or not. Personally I'd like to start seeing Holland sign some of our guys long term. Nurse is going to cost a fortune and guys like Yama, Bear, and Puljujärvi would be great to lock up long term at a higher rate to start but a nice low average cap hit for the length of said contract.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Pierre says some dumb things but I don't think he's far off here. In my viewings Holloway has been their best player, and I do think he is pretty close to NHL ready. It really just depends on how the Oilers bottom 6 is looking and if Nuge is back next year. It is completely possible he could make the team out of camp.

Haha. I don't dispute any of this. Just posting items that pop up about the prospects. Pierre is a bit of a train wreck but quite likely incorporates what he is hearing via his professional network along with his own opinion. Fairness to Pierre, he's been employed (rightly or wrongly lol) as a professional hockey executive and talent evaluator in a past life.

Some high praise but we need to be realistic and pragmatic about the kid.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think it was John Shannon who quoted Brian Lawton (former NHL GM) who said Holloway was ready for the NHL now too...

I wonder if the emergence of Pulju and Holloway make it possible for EDM to not resign Nuge and use the money on an elite goalie and defenseman. Perhaps they'll give him a trial run with 97 before the end of the year to see what we've got. We'd have lots of cash next off season if we didn't resign Nuge, and I like the player. 5 x 5.75 is all I'd offer him in this environment. Holloway's potential emergence takes some of Nuge's leverage away. We'll see what happens.
Holloway hasn't emerged anything until he can do it at the NHL level, same with Pulju. Letting Nuge walk cause a prospect might be ready is horrendous asset management

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Raphael Lavoie has a couple primary assists in the HockeyAllsvenskan as his team trails 6-5. Philip Kemp has been kept off the scoresheet so far this game but is riding a little hot streak with 4 points in his last 5 games, and a total of 3-6-9 in 23 games on the season.

Matej Blumel picked up a shorthanded primary assist on a nice give-and-go:

Dylan Holloway plays at 6 today.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Raphael Lavoie just scored, Kemp with the first assist. Both continue their strong production on a not-so-strong team.

Lavoie also picked up another assist, giving him a 4 point outing (all primary points) in a rare win for Väsby.

Whoaaaa!!!!

This is so awesome! 10 mins left of the game, Vasby (Lavoioe's team) down 6-5 but go on the PP. My betting site (somewhat slow, noticed the PP about 30 s too late) still had Vasby at 25 to 1 for the win... Went down to 18 to 1 after they realised it was a PP, too late :DD. A quick 5 euro just became 125 euro :hyper::hyper::hyper:

edit: I know I am cheap, but my allegiance to Lavoie just became eternal!! Also it was 10 euro (before edit it said 10 and 10, i.e. 20), I bet 5 on a draw at 5 to 1 and 5 on a win.

edit 2: mod numbers

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Kesselring with a goal today

Holloway keeps producing with 3 assists in todays game to put him up to 29 points in 16 games.

Holloway just can't stop producing lol. He's a machine and based on the game today, at least parts that I have seen, this kid is too good for College hockey. His size and speed is hard to beat BUT that doesn't mean he's NHL ready. It means he is pro ready. He should go to the AHL and keep developing his offensive game. The ceiling is so high with him

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Any chance Lavoie will play some games in the AHL this year once his loan is finished up?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
In a season where so many of our prospects have taken gigantic leaps forward he kind of has been overshadowed. It's nice to finally have some solid prospect depth for a change.
I fully admit my knowledge of him as a prospect is lacking. How many more years of college hockey does he have left? Also do you know if there’s been any talk about there possibly being difficulty getting him signed when the time comes? Hope he doesn’t Marino us.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I fully admit my knowledge of him as a prospect is lacking. How many more years of college hockey does he have left? Also do you know if there’s been any talk about there possibly being difficulty getting him signed when the time comes? Hope he doesn’t Marino us.

I believe that he has 2 more years and that he has family connections to Edmonton IIRC (I think it's his dad). He's far less likely to walk for that reason IMO. The only issue might be where does he fit in if we have Barrie, Bear and Bouch? IMO we should start transitioning Bear or Bouch to the left side.

Reactions: RattsSSV

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How does he compare to Vincent Desharnais? Desharnais was a slug by AHL-standards but appears to improve his skating/mobility this season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
How does he compare to Vincent Desharnais? Desharnais was a slug by AHL-standards but appears to improve his skating/mobility this season.
Light years better skater, way more offensive talent and puck skills. Still a bit green on the defending side of things.

When I compare him to Marino and his time at Harvard I come away thinking his offensive potential is higher than Marino's but his defensive game isn't as refined.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
What a damn shame. Hopefully it doesn't require surgery.
I thought I read that the oilers and his KHL team had a meeting about it and decided surgery was the way to go.

hopefully he’s fully recovered by training camp. I’m hoping Bouchard is a regular in the lineup this year and Samo gets to be the rookie coming in on the bottom pair next season.

Edit: I read the article wrong. They’re meeting to discuss if surgery is needed, but he’s out the full season regardless. At this point with how we’ve seen klefs issues continue to worsen, shoulder injuries terrify me. Hopefully this isn’t a reoccurring thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad