Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If this were true someone would've signed him by now IMO. If we let his rights expire without even attempting to sign him that would be a fireable offense.

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
We drafted him 2 years ago. We have him for 4 years. Who is this puckpedia tool?
He’s in a weird situation because he was drafted out of North America, playing in the USHL that year. CHL players only have their rights for 2 years post draft, but Euros is 4. But since he went back it’s confusing if it’s 2 or 4 years they’d have him for.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He’s in a weird situation because he was drafted out of North America, playing in the USHL that year. CHL players only have their rights for 2 years post draft, but Euros is 4. But since he went back it’s confusing if it’s 2 or 4 years they’d have him for.
Apparently we don’t have his rights anymore. Why didn’t Holland sign him!?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If this were true someone would've signed him by now IMO. If we let his rights expire without even attempting to sign him that would be a fireable offense.

I’m not sure if him being drafted at 19 changes anything, but normally they’d have to re-enter the draft, so they can’t be signed by someone else.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’m not sure if him being drafted at 19 changes anything, but normally they’d have to re-enter the draft, so they can’t be signed by someone else.
We might have to re-draft him if we accidentally missed the signing deadline.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Traded away a lot of our picks.
Few good legit prospect forwards.
Lets one of the few guys that give a bit of prospect optimism, walk for free it seems?

Solid team building.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't get this, at all. Say what you want about Holland but he's very thorough and I highly doubt that he'd misinterpret this rule. To let a promising prospect go for no reason doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: GOilers88

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don't get this, at all. Say what you want about Holland but he's very thorough and I highly doubt that he'd misinterpret this rule. To let a promising prospect go for no reason doesn't make sense to me.

It’s just a very weird situation. Hopefully one of the media guys can dig a little deeper and find out what happened.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I do wonder if the date got moved and no one has been clear on it.

Maybe they are working on a deal, who knows.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It’s just a very weird situation. Hopefully one of the media guys can dig a little deeper and find out what happened.

Stauffer hasn't mentioned him, ever, as far as I know. He probably doesn't know or care that it happened since Blumel isn't Canadian.

Reactions: North

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Apparently when we drafted Blumel, the plan was for him to go to NCAA. But, he decided not to and went to Czech Republic. I guess that brought his years down and we decided to let him go? I don't understand this

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I honestly have no idea how it makes sense. He said that since Blumel didn't go to NCAA and went to Czech Republic, we decided not to sign him... How does that make sense?

Well if Stauffer is saying we didn't sign him, that solves that mystery.

I get there was a disconnect with where the Oilers wanted his career to go, but to just drop him?

North

Jun 25, 2009
I honestly have no idea how it makes sense. He said that since Blumel didn't go to NCAA and went to Czech Republic, we decided not to sign him... How does that make sense?

That’s weird… I guess they wanted more time before having to give him a contract, but I mean he earned one in my opinion.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That’s weird… I guess they wanted more time before having to give him a contract, but I mean he earned one in my opinion.

Maybe it was a situation where he didn't want to play overseas/North America?

Like you said, very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad