Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The thing I like about Blumel is his defensive game is really solid as well afaik. He was one of the go to PK guys for the Czechs at the u20s in 2020, and did quite well in that role from what I was seeing. The fact that his offensive game is coming along now as well is a huge bonus. At this point I’m almost certain he’s going to be a solid middle six guy minimum, but I might be getting ahead of things with that.
I don't think you're ahead of yourself. I think he will get maybe half a season in the AHL and then he'll be an Oiler. He is very versatile all over the ice

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I don't think you're ahead of yourself. I think he will get maybe half a season in the AHL and then he'll be an Oiler. He is very versatile all over the ice

I really do think that one of Blumel, Lavoie, Savoie will make the show. History shows that it won't be all of them (most prospects for all teams don't turn out) but one will.

To the person in the future who is coming back to bring up my comment: EAT SHIT I WAS RIGHT

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I really do think that one of Blumel, Lavoie, Savoie will make the show. History shows that it won't be all of them (most prospects for all teams don't turn out) but one will.

To the person in the future who is coming back to bring up my comment: EAT SHIT I WAS RIGHT
I agree. I think lots of fans aren’t looking at Blumel enough right now. He just turned 21. He’s still young and he hasn’t looked out of place at the IIHF. We have a lot of prospects pretty much ready to breakout in the AHL or start in the NHL. Lavoie has surprised me in his short AHL stint (especially the playoffs)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Koskinen is 6'7 and most of us can't wait to be rid of him... in the end I think if he's got the skills that's all that matters.
Funniest thing about Kosiknen was they were still burying them top corner short side over his shoulder and he was 6’7”

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
@oilers'72

Any good reads or players we should be looking at for our draft ? Your our Less Nessman . I mean that in a good way as well. You have done a great job in the past with our prospect writings

How is the health these days?

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
@oilers'72

Any good reads or players we should be looking at for our draft ? Your our Less Nessman . I mean that in a good way as well. You have done a great job in the past with our prospect writings

How is the health these days?

I can't say about the juniors. Tyler Tullio was in Europe as the OHL never got going. Don't think we had anyone in the Dub or Q.

2019 - Rafael Lavoie was first in Europe then with the Condors.

2018 - Bouchard and McLeod are with the Oil. Rodrigue is in Bakersfield.

Maybe next season, there'll be games across Canada and perhaps a junior prospect or two drafted.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
How does you guys look in net in the future? I know Skinner and Rodrigue are in the system. I know goalies are a massive clusterf*** but any idea of what their potential is?

Just curious. With so many young goalies breaking out, I wonder if one of them will breakout next season for y'all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
How does you guys look in net in the future? I know Skinner and Rodrigue are in the system. I know goalies are a massive clusterf*** but any idea of what their potential is?

Just curious. With so many young goalies breaking out, I wonder if one of them will breakout next season for y'all :)

Skinner seems to have had a great rebound season after a bit of a poor showing last season. He backstopped the Condors to a division win. Rodrigue I’m not as sure about, I’d guess he’s in the ECHL next year but he is also a bit younger than Skinner. Hard to say with either at this point but I could see Skinner being like a Broissot (not comparing style or anything just career path). Rodrigue I think it’s too early to tell

Konovalov is the big question mark, he has shown very well in the KHL for the most part and I’d expect he battles Skinner for the AHL starting job next season. The hope here is that he can move into the NHL right after and maybe be a 1B option and we’ll see from there

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Yeah I'm guessing Rodrigue in the ECHL with Konovalov and Skinner in Bakersfield. They'll probably cut ties with Wells.

I'm OK with that set up for the minor leagues.

Reactions: Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
So apparently Blumel’s rights actually expired June 1 and he’s no longer the teams property….

Not that I don’t believe you because I know certain draft picks have to be signed within two years but where did you see that?

ETA: Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad