Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospect Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I don't know, but i just don't think he is a good fit with the way we play... Seems to lack pace.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't know, but i just don't think he is a good fit with the way we play... Seems to lack pace.

That's not the issue. He can play with plenty of "pace," just didn't really get it going this last time around. Time will tell if he gets another shot or not. He was downright explosive in his brief callup last season.

I respecfully disagree with the "pace" argument with any given player when the Avs did just fine with Carl Soderberg for multiple seasons despite the fact that he's one of the worst skaters in the NHL.

Reactions: jabubenice

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's not the issue. He can play with plenty of "pace," just didn't really get it going this last time around. Time will tell if he gets another shot or not. He was downright explosive in his brief callup last season.

I respecfully disagree with the "pace" argument with any given player when the Avs did just fine with Carl Soderberg for multiple seasons despite the fact that he's one of the worst skaters in the NHL.

Slow players can play fast. Fast players can play slow. Barrie is a great example of a slow player that can play fast. Kaut does seem like a more deliberate type, but I don't think that is the main issue in his game. Kaut just isn't very good with the puck on his stick... he's not bad per say, but he's not even on a Donskoi... or hell even Compher level with the puck. That's a problem in the NHL. His play, patience, and yeah even some pace with the puck needs to improve.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

You sure about that? I think he was good. But I think he was good because of the things that he excels at like his cerebral game, work ethic and getting himself into scoring situations. I definitely wouldn’t describe any part of his game this season or last as “explosive”.

Reactions: Barklez and Iceberg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Maybe it's just me but I associate that word with football (i.e. soccer) and certainly not skating :)
tumblr_m5uafivx971rvn6njo1_500.gifv

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You sure about that? I think he was good. But I think he was good because of the things that he excels at like his cerebral game, work ethic and getting himself into scoring situations. I definitely wouldn’t describe any part of his game this season or last as “explosive”.

Oh yeah, I can remember one play that resulted in a goal because he came charging into the attacking zone, caused a turnover and made a fantastic play. Also used his physical game and won some battles for the puck. When I say "explosive" I don't mean to imply that he suddenly burst up the ice like MacKinnon, just that there is plenty of jump to his game, he has some speed and decent acceleration--we unfortunately didn't see it this time around.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I remember one good play. A nice short pass he made to Kadri who then got beaten by the goalie. That's pretty much all he showed in this stint. Quiet indeed.

Instead of "quiet" wouldn't it be more euphemistic to say "Kadri-esque" or "Compher-ish" instead?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nice little blurb from Baugh’s most recent piece. Looks like Annunen will be over soon.
The team is still in the process of working out what to do with the prospects whose rights expire June 1 and will likely sign many to entry-level contracts. As for Annunen, a goalie prospect: He is still waiting for his immigration paperwork to go through. When it does, he’ll be able to come to the U.S. and, after a quarantine period, join the Eagles.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So is Kaut officially on this summer's trade watch?

He probably should be. I think its obvious his style just doesn't fit the way The Avs play. He doesn't have enough speed or skill to make it work here.

And he should still carry some decent value to a few teams around the league.

Tbh I'd look to use him as an attachment to make salary somewhere.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Kaut will excel in a slower paced system where they will utilize his skills around the net better. He's not an offense driver, he should never be the best player on a line which is why he always looks so bad on the 4th lines.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I think Kaut needs to finish his checks with a lot more vigor than what he has shown so far. He has the size and enough speed to do that but instead he does a slight bump or just a fly-by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad