Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Prospect Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Bednar doesn't care about Kaut, but I think Sakic loves all his prospects especially first rounders.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Bowers got destroyed by a high hit is why he was injured at the end of the season. Which is pretty much the risk for every single player in that league, it’s rare to escape injury.

Not one callup means they don’t take him serious though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bowers got destroyed by a high hit is why he was injured at the end of the season. Which is pretty much the risk for every single player in that league, it’s rare to escape injury.

Not one callup means they don’t take him serious though.

I don't think it's a case of not taking Bowers seriously. Bednar has had nothing but praise for the youngster. If he thought he was ready for a callup he'd make it.

He's also had MacKinnon and I think Crosby pumping his tires too after their workouts with O'Brien. His agent has generated a fair amount of hype behind him for a late 1st rounders.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Which prospects do we have that are the most NHL ready? With the potential for some large roster turnover, who could make the team out of camp and who are some dark horses? Does Bowers have a shot or is he a write off now, is there any chance Barron makes the jump or is he a couple seasons away, is Bednar forced to give Kaut a try? What are everyone’s projections?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If they aren't traded I think we see at least two of Kaut, Bowers and Ranta for large portions of the season on 3 and 4th lines

Kaut seems tailor-made for that 3rd line RW spot...he better be ready this time.

The DNVR crew did point out that since there was no preseason this last year, it was harder for young players to try and establish themselves. I'm certainly hoping Bowers comes in ready to challenge for a spot, but I'm guessing he'll be gone before the season starts.

Ranta, quite frankly, needs to play in the AHL. He's not ready for the NHL yet, and he needs more than just a 4th line role. Avs more or less have that 4th line filled out already.

It's the two top six LW spots that are in total limbo at this moment.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What issue, he’s making the team out of camp :sarcasm:

I know he had relatively good success in the A, but do you think he would benefit more from going back to the O or staying in the A?
I think he'd have benefits going back to the OHL. Being a top line center with all those responsibilities could grow that area of his game.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That CHL news is absolutely fantastic to read! I think Foudy going back to the CHL would stagnate him, especially when you consider that there are more headhunters in juniors than higher you get up in the pros.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think he'd have benefits going back to the OHL. Being a top line center with all those responsibilities could grow that area of his game.
Yup I’m on board with this rule but it should be for the Byram’s and Suzuki’s, not just anyone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd lean towards the AHL as the best place to grow. He clearly showed something at that level as an 18 year old, let's see if he can build on that now. The OHL has its perks, too, but if he can play in the AHL I think that's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad