2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Depending how many positive tests next couple days, you force them to use the Taxi Squad players: Dallas literally did not have enough players to play with 17 positives

But then the Question is still open How much Games can Dallas miss, to hold the complete Schedule with all the Covid 19 Protocolls. In some Point every Season will have a TimeLine.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
But then the Question is still open How much Games can Dallas miss, to hold the complete Schedule with all the Covid 19 Protocolls. In some Point every Season will have a TimeLine.
Technically they should just forfeit the games they cannot play if time runs out before the POs. Opposing teams win missed games 3-0 on paper. Hard to see any other option to that. If it comes to that then it is just unsufficient internal management of Covid measures or in the worst case just bad luck.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:laugh: Lu with the passive aggressive jabs to Lack

EsJwqV6U0AA5aZ8.jpeg.jpg

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Technically they should just forfeit the games they cannot play if time runs out before the POs. Opposing teams win missed games 3-0 on paper. Hard to see any other option to that. If it comes to that then it is just unsufficient internal management of Covid measures or in the worst case just bad luck.

First thanks for the Answer and the explanation. But you see Dallas with so many sick Players they didnt play a single Game so far, some other Hockey Insider already mention that the Florida Panthers missed 4 Games till standing Wensday.
As you sayed when there is no other Date Games can be played then Teams will get a result without playing and i didnt know how tight is the Medical Protocol of tests. Current Game plan have a 2-3 Days interval, with traveling preparation and and and.
I dont know where there should be place for all the postponed Games. So i would say Panthers will have current 4 Point from all the Dallas Game, because you hear no Timeline for Dallas to comeback.

While we are on Carolina, i got News a former Carolina Prospect, Zacj Boychuk plays now in Berlin.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Capitals now with 4 players on covid list as they were gathering together in hotel room. Why aint there games cancelled? Because there not playing the Panthers?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Capitals now with 4 players on covid list as they were gathering together in hotel room. Why aint there games cancelled? Because there not playing the Panthers?
Wait until COVID list tomorrow: I’m guessing it’s bigger for Canes than the five.

Most likely the capitals Covid list is due to contact tracing not positive tests?

Reactions: harv33173

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I watched a bit of the Minnesota Anaheim game last night.
Ducks announcers were praising how good Bjugs has been looking. Glad to hear! Hope he can keep it up and stay injury-free.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Ducks announcers were praising how good Bjugs has been looking. Glad to hear! Hope he can keep it up and stay injury-free.

I watched no Games only the whole Highlights and he play now also on the PP a screen Position. Always infront the Net and he doesnt look so thin anymore.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I seen he only played 10 minutes, is he a 4th liner now?

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I watched no Games only the whole Highlights and he play now also on the PP a screen Position. Always infront the Net and he doesnt look so thin anymore.
He definitely look bigger, more filled out. Very noticeable on the ice. He's probably very happy to be home in Minnesota praying for the Wild.
I seen he only played 10 minutes, is he a 4th liner now?

-ghoste
not sure, I didn't watch the whole game. Also it was late at night so I wasn't really paying attention. But he definitely stood out when he was on the ice. Hopefully he didn't get hurt if he was only on 10 minutes.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
He definitely look bigger, more filled out. Very noticeable on the ice. He's probably very happy to be home in Minnesota praying for the Wild.

That trade should happen earlier for him. After his first bad Year they should take him, special when he was more or less Mister Minnesota in his Minor Years.
So yes good for him, he was bad here and bad luck with Injurys. Let´s see what he can bring in long term in Minnesota.
Most panthers traded out of here had some good years on the new Team. Beside some question mark. Sometimes a restart is the best for a Player, nothing feels better then been Home.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Samsonov just tested positive for Covid 19...

They were on the list because they didn't follow contact rules. Prior it was a fine but now it is a real problem

Edit : Just read the article in there. Cause of contract tracing Samsonov they found out about it

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Maybe it's already been said earlier, but how does that NHL know to postpone games, or just force the team in question to use players off the taxi Squad?
What seems to happen is that when a case is discover, they postpone the games until they can test everyone and have the result back. Once they know who's clear to play, then the team will have to fill in its lineup using the taxi squad to replace the players that are stuck in an hotel for 10 days.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Friedman on AM590 and saying he sent that shift to lots of people, some who don't even like Torts and they all agreed Torts was right.

When asked why people keep wanting out of CBJ, he said they rule with iron fist when dealing with RFAs, one of the guys is now in FLA in Zito.
CBJ was willing to make PLD highest paid Blue Jacket in the 8x8 range but wasn't willing to sign it.

He thinks its a combo of that and Torts coaching style but there is a lot more to the story as well.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Friedman on AM590 and saying he sent that shift to lots of people, some who don't even like Torts and they all agreed Torts was right.

When asked why people keep wanting out of CBJ, he said they rule with iron fist when dealing with RFAs, one of the guys is now in FLA in Zito.
CBJ was willing to make PLD highest paid Blue Jacket in the 8x8 range but wasn't willing to sign it.

He thinks its a combo of that and Torts coaching style but there is a lot more to the story as well.
I’m a bit worried with the iron fist thing: luckily it won’t affect our three stars who are signed until UFA. It might affect our goat but we will already be clearing our 14 a year for hkm

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Even though Torts is an effective coach, and even though Dubois is acting like a bit of a brat, you gotta think that the Torts era is coming to an end, because this doesn’t seem isolated to Dubois.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Even though Torts is an effective coach, and even though Dubois is acting like a bit of a brat, you gotta think that the Torts era is coming to an end, because this doesn’t seem isolated to Dubois.

I don't think Torts is the focal point of Lumbus' problems. imo Kekalainen and co. just haven't done their homework in regards to players interest to play in a CBJ jersey. If their mgmt can't identify which talented prospects and big name FAs are really committed to their org then they should just stay away from them. Just build a solid all-around team with mid-tier veterans and trade highly ranked prospects whose ambitions in the Lumbus org are at least questionable for proven veterans who could think they can thrive under Tort's coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad