2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It seems like every time this year I'm tuning into watch Nashville play, I end up being disappointed.

Tonight I just turned on their game against Chicago, and the third is just starting and it's scoreless. I have an inkling to think Nashville is playing down to Chicago's level.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It seems like every time this year I'm tuning into watch Nashville play, I end up being disappointed.

Tonight I just turned on their game against Chicago, and the third is just starting and it's scoreless. I have an inkling to think Nashville is playing down to Chicago's level.

They just can't score. Think they were right around or under 2 goals for per game the other night through the first 6-7 games.
They don't scare me as much anymore, more worried about CAR.
TB, DAL and then we fight with CAR for 3rd or 4th and NSH comes up short at 5th.
Playing defense night in and night out while not scoring must be exhausting.
People downplaying our offense should open their eyes, if our bottom 6 can click more, we should be comparable as last year.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hawks have covid yet they play. Games not cancelled because didnt play us?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Another game postponed. Not against us! Vegas vs Blues

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hawks have covid yet they play. Games not cancelled because didnt play us?

Its always who has it, who he was along and how many are sick. Dallas was half Team, Carolina more then they let you know and preparation. But when one of the Taxi Squade gets sick, no need to cancel Games. So its always better to know who got sick.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I haven't watched Hoff at all this year, but Daddy looks lost in Ottawa.

He's almost invisible on the ice and I've seen him play a few games this season. You can tell he really needs a true 1C like Barky on his line.

Serious when you go Ottawa you wanna have Money and play easy Hockey. You cant await you play PO in Ottawa. His decision was Money not Hockey.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He aint wrong. He might be getting back to his old game. Always liked Tro no matter the hate just wish he had gone to any other team as I hate Canes so much
Don't you see the hypocrisy though? He's praising Canes skill guys for putting in the effort, when Trocheck himself was the biggest defensive liability of our skill guys and from what I've seen Canes games he hasn't exactly improved on that front.. :facepalm:

Nothing against the guy either on my part, great if he's found his scoring touch again, but I don't want anything to do with his lazy ass effort on defence.

Reactions: IceKitties

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
There is no reason to believe he was comparing to his former teammates. He did not reference the Panthers, so that reading is just making up conflicts that may not exist.
Agreed. Could just be another instance of a hockey player talking without thinking first. I'm pretty sure Barkov did the same when he had his Lady Byng acceptance speech.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Vinny taking shots at the Cats' skill guys.

Trying to speak this narrative into existence.

Trocheck gave an answer that every team gives after every win.

I remember a certain poster trying to decipher Trochecks facebook posts not too long ago. LOL. Trocheck was not talking about the cats, and if he was then he is the one that is miffed and still getting over it not us.

Canes fans were at his throat after the deal last season. Hopefully it can be a deal that works for both clubs, as I dont see anyone here pining to have Vinny back.

Reactions: Anantika

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Dealgelo is on waiver... any chance or worth the risk? the guy was amazing last season.

We have just under $3.3 million in cap space and he has a $4.8 million dollar caphit so we couldn't bring him in without moving someone.
Plus we have 8 D already (Forsling is out for a bit) but ADA is a bit of a headcase and doesn't seem to play a style Q or Z would adore.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
There is no reason to believe he was comparing to his former teammates. He did not reference the Panthers, so that reading is just making up conflicts that may not exist.

Trying to speak this narrative into existence.

Trocheck gave an answer that every team gives after every win.

I remember a certain poster trying to decipher Trochecks facebook posts not too long ago. LOL. Trocheck was not talking about the cats, and if he was then he is the one that is miffed and still getting over it not us.

Canes fans were at his throat after the deal last season. Hopefully it can be a deal that works for both clubs, as I dont see anyone here pining to have Vinny back.

cut.jpg

Reactions: Pigge

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Dealgelo is on waiver... any chance or worth the risk? the guy was amazing last season.
I just read part of the 30-something page thread on the Rags. Doesn’t sound like a simple situation. Apparently he did punch their goalie, so there might be an accidental benefit... lol

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Don't you see the hypocrisy though? He's praising Canes skill guys for putting in the effort, when Trocheck himself was the biggest defensive liability of our skill guys and from what I've seen Canes games he hasn't exactly improved on that front.. :facepalm:

Nothing against the guy either on my part, great if he's found his scoring touch again, but I don't want anything to do with his lazy ass effort on defence.

Yes, I do see that. However I'm not surprised. He did play 100% before that bad injury. Nobody can deny he gave 100% before that injury

It's too bad were still that lazy ass effort both ends of the ice right now.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yes, I do see that. However I'm not surprised. He did play 100% before that bad injury. Nobody can deny he gave 100% before that injury
He was regressing back to his old habits before that injury though, which happened in the beginning of 2018-19.

2015-16 was peak Trocheck, and I feel he (like the rest of the team) let himself slip when Rowe took over. There was two full seasons in between before he suffered that leg injury, and people forget how terrible he was defensively that year he scored 31 goals. Those were the days when he still could've done it (defence/2-way game), but he chose not to.

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad