2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Don’t see anything wrong with what Torts did. That’s totally on the kid. You just can’t do that in a team game. If that’s singles tennis or chess, go ahead and take the L if you want to. But not when you have teammates who are still playing.

-ghoste

Reactions: Cold Cat

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Don’t see anything wrong with what Torts did. That’s totally on the kid. You just can’t do that in a team game. If that’s singles tennis or chess, go ahead and take the L if you want to. But not when you have teammates who are still playing.

-ghoste
Neither of them seem to be making the situation better. Torts telling reporters that they should be talking to the player instead suggests that he has given up and doesn't know how to get his players to perform for him. It's a bad look for both of them. Maybe for Foligno and others as well.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Dallas just dropped the puck on their season a little over 5 minutes ago against Nashville.

Stars are throwing their weight around big time, they look good! :hit:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Vegas undefeated streak ended by the powerhouse Yotes, once again no automatic wins.
I've watched a couple of their games. They are a big, skilled team, much like the Dallas Stars.

A really good team playing in a really crappy division. They'll make the playoffs no problem.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-23_23-8-29.png

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Daddy just scored a really nice goal heading to the Jets net and got tripped up and was on his stomach. He did crash into the end boards as a result though. Appears to be alright.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Columbus fans really think Barky is going to leave Florida to play with Laine. I got some bad news for them. Laine has a better chance of coming here to play with Barky :laugh: oops you can move this to around the league thread.

I think that too. If Laine doesn't get a good center to pass the puck, he might walk from that organization. He likes to play golf and drive his Lamborghini. So Fla would be better for that. The key is to sign Sasha who is Pate's best friend. Barkov wants to see that Florida seriously wants to win something. Maybe winning the Stanley Cup in 4 years could be a realistic goal.

I think that a guy like Laine could make hockey more popular because he is not only a suberb goalscorer but also great with media and fans.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Columbus fans really think Barky is going to leave Florida to play with Laine. I got some bad news for them. Laine has a better chance of coming here to play with Barky :laugh: oops you can move this to around the league thread.
It’s insanity: they went from losing fifth or sixth last major core piece who refused to re sign/ wanted out to thinking Barky will come there because of a player that hasn’t a)lived in Columbus or be played for them.

it seems like a jilted lover imagining a dream marriage with a rebound

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Nothing major but they should suspend him a game anyway, they should have zero tolerance on stuff like that.

-ghoste
If the victim was anyone not named Matthew Thachuk, more than likely.

Now "two wrongs don't make a right" is one of my favourite sayings, but player safety is going to look at this and go "Thachuk is a massive PITA, he probably did something to deserve that" and I'd tend to agree with them.

From Thachuk's point too, why would he want anyone suspended? Muzzin shooting the puck at him proves that he's done his job, and it's more fuel for him when they play Toronto the next time. The only reason he's upset is because this is the type of move he'd pull himself.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If the victim was anyone not named Matthew Thachuk, more than likely.

Now "two wrongs don't make a right" is one of my favourite sayings, but player safety is going to look at this and go "Thachuk is a massive PITA, he probably did something to deserve that" and I'd tend to agree with them.

From Thachuk's point too, why would he want anyone suspended? Muzzin shooting the puck at him proves that he's done his job, and it's more fuel for him when they play Toronto the next time. The only reason he's upset is because this is the type of move he'd pull himself.
This is a very big No-No in that OHL.

Saginaw Spirit goalie did this 2 years ago. After the game he flipped the puck into the stands. He was suspended 10 games in the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad