2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Buffalo minus Eichel might be worse than Detroit was last year, and that team was on the short list of all time tank jobs. Buffalo's rebuild always reminded me of ours, just delayed a bit further. Barkov/Ekblad and Eichel/Dahlin are the most obvious similarities to me. So I hesitate to say blow it up and trade them, but I kinda wonder if that would be the right move at this point. They have some brutal contracts on that team.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Buffalo minus Eichel might be worse than Detroit was last year, and that team was on the short list of all time tank jobs. Buffalo's rebuild always reminded me of ours, just delayed a bit further. Barkov/Ekblad and Eichel/Dahlin are the most obvious similarities to me. So I hesitate to say blow it up and trade them, but I kinda wonder if that would be the right move at this point. They have some brutal contracts on that team.
Eh I think the issue is more development: Tallon and the calculators added key mentors along the way (Jagr for Huby and Barkov, Mitchell and Yands for Ekblad, Luongo generally) to develop our core

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ristolainen has taken a step forward though, he's a legit top pairing guy now or upper tier 2nd pairing guy on a contending team. Dahlin has been a major disappointment, obviously the hype went overboard, but he's developed very little (if at all) and as the Finnish PBP guy Mäkinen said on his podcast, his physique doesn't look like he belongs in the NHL.

I never liked them giving Eichel the captaincy, he's the complete opposite of a guy you want representing a young team trying to rebuild their reputation around the league. Pegulas interfering with hockey stuff is one thing, but idk if they can truly move on with a proper rebuild until Eichel isn't there to set a bad example.

There's so many holes in the line-up that they should just sell everything, try to get Kakko or Lafreniere + other pieces from NYR. I'd only keep Dahlin and the most recent draft picks.

Reactions: IceKitties

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I say the people all the time that sometimes you have to just cut your losses. Rebuilds aren't guaranteed done right job all the time. You have to actually do it right. Florida didn't, Buffalo isn't. It will take them time.

Reactions: IceKitties

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Ristolainen has taken a step forward though, he's a legit top pairing guy now or upper tier 2nd pairing guy on a contending team. Dahlin has been a major disappointment, obviously the hype went overboard, but he's developed very little (if at all) and as the Finnish PBP guy Mäkinen said on his podcast, his physique doesn't look like he belongs in the NHL.

I never liked them giving Eichel the captaincy, he's the complete opposite of a guy you want representing a young team trying to rebuild their reputation around the league. Pegulas interfering with hockey stuff is one thing, but idk if they can truly move on with a proper rebuild until Eichel isn't there to set a bad example.

There's so many holes in the line-up that they should just sell everything, try to get Kakko or Lafreniere + other pieces from NYR. I'd only keep Dahlin and the most recent draft picks.
McCabe-Ristolainen sounds like a legit NHL pairing. Maybe McCabe-Dahlin as well. If they would trade some of their talent for someone like Ekholm, they would have two proper pairings for Dahlin to grow into. Whoever thought Dahlin could play with Miller or Montour should get fired (or just got fired).

But yeah, paying Skinner $9M for another six years with a NMC and getting 3 points in 25 games from him is a fine example of the mess they are in.

Reactions: harv33173

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Eh I think the issue is more development: Tallon and the calculators added key mentors along the way (Jagr for Huby and Barkov, Mitchell and Yands for Ekblad, Luongo generally) to develop our core
I don't think this team would be close to where it is today if that Jagr trade never happened.

What did that cost: 2nd & 3rd?

Which one was worse?

I forgot how funny that boss was. I've worked for someone similar like that boss; not that ridiculous though.

Laf and Kakko plus a first for Eichel is what was being said on Spittin Chiclets last week.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I don't think this team would be close to where it is today if that Jagr trade never happened.

What did that cost: 2nd & 3rd?

I forgot how funny that boss was. I've worked for someone similar like that boss; not that ridiculous though.

Laf and Kakko plus a first for Eichel is what was being said on Spittin Chiclets last week.
Agree on Jagr: Barkov wasn’t Barkov before being apprenticed to Jagr. Most of the components I hear about Barkov are those that we hear about Jagr!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Buffalo made a good move getting O'Reilly. Then they set themselves back years trading him for peanuts. That core is rotten, they've been losing for too long. Something we can certainly relate to. Eichel especially is a very impatient player(which I guess is a good thing). We got lucky that Zito made the right moves in the offseason and changed the culture overnight(and improved the blueline which was our achilles heel).

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not sure if anyone has been following but Colorado has been absolutely dominating teams lately. The shot counts look like something out of a video game. If I had to put money on it today I would take them to win it all. That team is stacked.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not sure if anyone has been following but Colorado has been absolutely dominating teams lately. The shot counts look like something out of a video game. If I had to put money on it today I would take them to win it all. That team is stacked.

Their goaltending is still their weakness until proven otherwise. I think Tampa would beat them.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Tim peel no longer working NHL games. He got caught on mic saying he wanted to give Nashville a penalty

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Tim peel no longer working NHL games. He got caught on mic saying he wanted to give Nashville a penalty

So I’ll jump to the obvious question: what do NHL refs say about the Panthers in hushed tones among themselves before puck drop....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad