2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m not sure I’d call this getting schooled at all? No wonder you guys hated him if you think this was all Matheson.
It wasn’t all Mike’s fault BUT there are many many many examples that are. Have a few free hours?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I’d argue it’s not enough. Wilson is a brain dead clown.
And with the Capitals defending his play, he will keep doing his thing. The league should start taking away draft picks and cap space from organizations systematically encouraging their players to play like that.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
And with the Capitals defending his play, he will keep doing his thing. The league should start taking away draft picks and cap space from organizations systematically encouraging their players to play like that.
I am not sure you can make such a strong statement. I am sure many fanbases look at Radko Gudas as our headhunter, but after watching him play nightly, I dont think the Panthers should be punished for encouraging his play. Its a rough game, split second things happen.

Tom needed to be punished no doubt but I am not sure that this is his game anymore, he has really developed an all around game, look at Brad Marchand for another example, yes they have crossed the line before, but they are not just gooning it up every night either. They play hard, things happen if you are not prepared for them.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: KW

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I am not sure you can make such a strong statement. I am sure many fanbases look at Radko Gudas as our headhunter, but after watching him play nightly, I dont think the Panthers should be punished for encouraging his play. Its a rough game, split second things happen.

Tom needed to be punished no doubt but I am not sure that this is his game anymore, he has really developed an all around game, look at Brad Marchand for another example, yes they have crossed the line before, but they are not just gooning it up every night either. They play hard, things happen if you are not prepared for them.

My 2 cents.
In this case the Capitals argued that the hit was clean and he should not be suspended. That is a world apart from saying it was an unfortunate split second decision. If Gudas hits someone in the head again, I hope the Panthers will accept the suspension without argument.

Reactions: IM Clutcm

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
In this case the Capitals argued that the hit was clean and he should not be suspended. That is a world apart from saying it was an unfortunate split second decision. If Gudas hits someone in the head again, I hope the Panthers will accept the suspension without argument.
Fortunately, Gudas grew as a defenseman. I would not say his henchman days are over but he is not an 18-19 year old rookie anymore that runs around trying to make a statement. He has a reputation and does not need to exercice it any longer.
Would be the same thing for Wilson yet he continues destroying people. Furthermore, the guy can really play. This is the reason why guys like Marchand and Wilson can do what they want - in their own teams' eyes.

Gudas plays really disciplined nowadays and does not punish his own team due to reckless play. WSH should already be mad at him for that. sad part is that he has not cost them that many games so far. Completely agree that they should just shot up. The safety department has spoken so no reason to argue this - it hardly is a boarderline call

Reactions: Cold Cat

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Fortunately, Gudas grew as a defenseman. I would not say his henchman days are over but he is not an 18-19 year old rookie anymore that runs around trying to make a statement. He has a reputation and does not need to exercice it any longer.
Would be the same thing for Wilson yet he continues destroying people. Furthermore, the guy can really play. This is the reason why guys like Marchand and Wilson can do what they want - in their own teams' eyes.

Gudas plays really disciplined nowadays and does not punish his own team due to reckless play. WSH should already be mad at him for that. sad part is that he has not cost them that many games so far. Completely agree that they should just shot up. The safety department has spoken so no reason to argue this - it hardly is a boarderline call

don't put marchand in wilson's category. marchand's an elite scorer and an agitator who, on occasion does stupid shit. (disclaimer - I like the Bs and my son wears his number as a mite :naughty:)

wilson - a very good player - is much bigger and stronger and has a record of using his size, speed and strength to hurt players in brutal fashion.

i think that hit was awful. he should have been suspended for the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: austropanther

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
don't put marchand in wilson's category. marchand's an elite scorer and an agitator who, on occasion does stupid shit. (disclaimer - I like the Bs and my son wears his number as a mite :naughty:)

wilson - a very good player - is much bigger and stronger and has a record of using his size, speed and strength to hurt players in brutal fashion.

i think that hit was awful. he should have been suspended for the rest of the regular season.
Wilson is definitely in a league of his own. Marchand is still a piece of shit though.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
on person's shit is another's sherbert.

i watch him a lot. his occasional fits get a lot of press but most nights, he's like hornqvist; a hardworking pain in the other team's arse.
I’d love him on our team too but he’s still a dick lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->