2020-2021 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
God, the mess in Arizona continues. If you have an The Athletic subscription, read the article about their ownership change, and was has transpired since. And boy, I’m glad we didn’t hire Armstrong as our GM.

“In an email distributed shortly after Armstrong took over as GM, hockey operations employees were warned that “unauthorized distribution of any club information will not be permitted and is grounds for disciplinary action, up to immediate termination.” In that email, which was obtained by The Athletic, employees were asked to sign an acknowledgment form consenting to these terms. (“I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of something like that,” said one longtime executive with over 30 years of NHL experience.)
In November, agitated that organizational information had been obtained by The Athletic, Armstrong contacted this reporter, offering a theory that his daily schedule and other files had been stolen from his computer. He warned that the person who he surmised was responsible would be going to jail. After delivering a lecture on journalism ethics, Armstrong asked this reporter what she thought would happen if he were to tell general managers around the league how she did her job.”

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
God, the mess in Arizona continues. If you have an The Athletic subscription, read the article about their ownership change, and was has transpired since. And boy, I’m glad we didn’t hire Armstrong as our GM.

“In an email distributed shortly after Armstrong took over as GM, hockey operations employees were warned that “unauthorized distribution of any club information will not be permitted and is grounds for disciplinary action, up to immediate termination.” In that email, which was obtained by The Athletic, employees were asked to sign an acknowledgment form consenting to these terms. (“I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of something like that,” said one longtime executive with over 30 years of NHL experience.)
In November, agitated that organizational information had been obtained by The Athletic, Armstrong contacted this reporter, offering a theory that his daily schedule and other files had been stolen from his computer. He warned that the person who he surmised was responsible would be going to jail. After delivering a lecture on journalism ethics, Armstrong asked this reporter what she thought would happen if he were to tell general managers around the league how she did her job.”
The whole thing is disgusting.
The ownership stuff is just ugly. "Feel-good American dream" about a guy who went from having nothing to being a billionaire with a hockey franchise.... sounds good until you read how he runs things. The article's all about Arizona, but I wonder what were the conditions at his previous businesses? A hockey player can make noise when he's not paid on time, but a pizza worker? Yeah, I'm sure that will go well. Cutting corners on everything, bullying vendors to save money - lovely. An ownership that's way too involved - yay... And... they're proud they somehow saved money on napkins? That sounds great...

Multiple people suing them for breach of contract (not paying them). Employees are "frustrated with a change in health benefits, the pressure to work in the office rather than remotely, and what feels to some like an implicit directive to attend games, despite COVID-19 concerns."

What's that with sexual harassement?

The employees are already missing Chayka, and he hasn't exactly been a story of success... but he "provided a buffer between personnel and ownership".

"One of the perks of working for an NHL club is the relaxed, team-like atmosphere where employees were allowed, and encouraged, to wear club apparel during the season to promote a sense of camaraderie in the office. One employee used to throw on a Coyotes sweatshirt without a second thought.

But now?

“It just repulsed me.”"

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Is Dallas going to get all their games in this season?

They have a lot of makeup games right now, with their game on Saturday already being postponed due to the winter storm there.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Is Dallas going to get all their games in this season?

They have a lot of makeup games right now, with their game on Saturday already being postponed due to the winter storm there.

Yes so far i heard and read. The Official of the NHL already working on a Plan to go in a Overtime with the regular Season, if the Postponed Games getting more and the schedule cant get hold.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Luo will be back but with a slightly higher pitch voice...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Adam Henrique on waivers

Was like he's a good faceoff man and Ducks sucks so 4 points aint bad there. Then I went to check his contract on capfriendly and let's just say forget that idea ;) 5,8M$ for 4 years

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's funny to see Tampa being 4th in the division behind Chicago :laugh:
I know it's because Chicago played way more games, but still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad