2020/2021 line up

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d be ok with that compromise if Norris forces his way on the team, but he’d have to force my hand because I’m trying to reclaim White here.

There are some other options,

Tkachuk-Norris-Ryan
Duclair-Tierney-Anisimov/Brown
Paul-L.Brown-Batherson
Balcers-White-Anisimov/Brown

I think you can roll 4 lines like that, alternatively you can move White to Tierney's wing and Anismov takes that center spot between Balcers and Brown.

Reactions: Bileur

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think Formenton is going to make it impossible to cut him. Likely at the expense of Hawryluk.
Agreed.

Formenton is being overlooked.

I expect some expensive cap floor filler like Anisimov to be in the stands and some young guns to finally get a chance.

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Agreed.

Formenton is being overlooked.

I expect some expensive cap floor filler like Anisimov to be in the stands and some young guns to finally get a chance.
I actually like Anisimov. Hes one of the few guys who can shoot on the team. Though I agree formenton should beat out some of those bottom 6. Paul, Balcers, White should all be on the bubble (tho white will never sit unfortunately). Im hoping balcers impresses and sticks to help out the sens weak scoring.

Reactions: NB613 and Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I actually like Anisimov. Hes one of the few guys who can shoot on the team. Though I agree formenton should beat out some of those bottom 6. Paul, Balcers, White should all be on the bubble (tho white will never sit unfortunately). Im hoping balcers impresses and sticks to help out the sens weak scoring.

If White shows up to camp without gaining any strength or playing more effective I think we should send him to the minors. Let him get 1.0+ PPG as we’ve forced our other prospect to do. He makes $4.9 US for the next 5 years ... what’s the worst thing that could happen ? He clears waivers ?

Reactions: NB613

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Tkachuk-Tierney-Brown
Formenton-Brown-Duclair
White-Norris-Batherson
Balcers-Anisimov-Hawryluk
Paul

Chabot-Zaitzev
Wolanin-Zub
Branstrom-Borowiecki
Reilly

Nilsson/Hogberg splitting games

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Tkachuk-L.Brown-C.Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Batherson
Formenton-White/Norris-Balcers
Paul-Chlapik-Ryan/Anisimov

Chabot-Jaros
Wolanin-Brannstrom
Boro-Zaitsev/Zub

Nilsson
Hogberg

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
Lafreniere - White - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Formenton - Tierney - Duclair
Paul - Anisimov - Ryan

Chabot - Zaitzev
Branstrom - Wolanin
Borowiecki - Zub
Reilly

Nilsson
Hogberg

White was best when he had a star winger (Stone). He plays a 200-ft game and could be a nice defensive mind between these two. It's a gamble, I know.

No one will want to play against that second line. What a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Lafreniere - White - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Balcers - Anisimov - Ryan
Formenton - Tierney - Paul

Chabot - Zaitzev
Branstrom - Wolanin
Borowiecki - Zub
Reilly

Nilsson
Hogberg

White was best when he had a star winger (Stone). He plays a 200-ft game and could be a nice defensive mind between these two. It's a gamble, I know.

No one will want to play against that second line. What a pain in the ass.

White had a sub replacement level season last year and was really... really weak at protecting, handling, shooting, and distributing the puck ...

Let’s not line up the most skilled rookie our franchise has ever had with what amounts to our 6th best Center last year.

I am willing to reconsider if White looks great in training camp.

Reactions: Cosmix

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I have a good dream this night. We have the 2 and 3 pick, Yzerman want Stutzle so trade Lafrenière to us for the second + Isles pick + Gus

After we trade ours second round pick + Dallas pick + Hogberg vs Murray ( extended 6 years for 5.2 )

With ours 3 overall we pick Byfield ( not super high on him but I give him a chance )

Lafrenière - White - Duclair
Tkachuk - Byfield - Batherson
Formanton - Norris - C.Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Ryan
Hawryluk ( reserved )

Chabot - Hainsey
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Riley - Zub
( Boro Reserved )

Murray
Nilsson

Playoff next year baby!!!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I have a good dream this night. We have the 2 and 3 pick, Yzerman want Stutzle so trade Lafrenière to us for the second + Isles pick + Gus

After we trade ours second round pick + Dallas pick + Hogberg vs Murray ( extended 6 years for 5.2 )

With ours 3 overall we pick Byfield ( not super high on him but I give him a chance )

Lafrenière - White - Duclair
Tkachuk - Byfield - Batherson
Formanton - Norris - C.Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Ryan
Hawryluk ( reserved )

Chabot - Hainsey
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Riley - Zub
( Boro Reserved )

Murray
Nilsson

Playoff next year baby!!!

If yzerman wants Stutzle call his bluff and let him draft Stutzle :) there is not other way for Yzerman to get Stutzle if we own the second pick.

Reactions: alfstheman

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I fear that he take Laf if no other asset in play to justify take Stutzle

Definitely possible but Yzerman is a proud person who trusts his instincts. If he thinks Stutzle is a better option for his organization at 1OA I think he takes him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Definitely possible but Yzerman is a proud person who trusts his instincts. If he thinks Stutzle is a better option for his organization at 1OA I think he takes him.

If Yzerman really wants Stutrzle, offer him our second pick plus our top second round pick as a sweetener IF we really want Lafreniere.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
guys I really don't think stutzle is going number 1. this is frankly because of weird stutzle hype and a fear that yzerman has the jump on everyone else. of he takes stutzle one that is best case scenario for us.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
guys I really don't think stutzle is going number 1. this is frankly because of weird stutzle hype and a fear that yzerman has the jump on everyone else. of he takes stutzle one that is best case scenario for us.

Agreed, I'm honestly unsure why this is even discussed other than Sens fan fantasy of drafting Lafreniere even though we might not pick first.

The other day people here were trying to justify Yzerman taking Byfield instead of Lafreniere and now it's Stutzle. Obviously this is just fans hoping Laf slips to us. It's fine but I mean nobody here has inside information related to what Detroit scouts are discussing internally/ related to what Yzerman might do. Yzerman is known for his secrecy and not leaking information. Lafreniere is a step above any player in this draft and showed that this year. Byfield had a good season, but nowhere near good enough that he would be considered to be on the same level as Lafreniere, there are obvious reasons why he's the consensus number 1 pick by all scouts and scouting agencies.

At this point we don't know who'll pick first. We don't even know the lottery format and how many teams will be included in that lottery. Unless someone has some legitimate information from a reputable source, which is extremely unlikely, then this is all hope and hearsay.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think like other seasons the team that starts the season could change within a month & certainly will not be the same team that ends the season. IMO at some point next season leading up to the trade deadline Ottawa should move Tierny, Anisimov & Reilly if they can & maybe even Nilsson. It wouldn't surprise me if they signed Anderson to another yr, trade Nilsson at the deadline & go with Anderson & Hogberg for another yr or two.

Start of the Season:
Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Duclair - Tierny - C. Brown (Tierny traded by deadline)
Balcers - Anisimov - Batherson (Anisimov & Balcers traded by deadline)
Paul - Chlapik - Hawryluk (Hawryluck traded by deadline)

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly (Reilly traded by deadline)
Boroweicki - Zub (Boro traded by deadline)

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg (Nilsson or Anderson traded by deadline)

End of the Season:
Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Duclair - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Norris - Ryan
Paul - Chlapik - Kastelic

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Brannstrom
Lajoie - Zub/Jaros

Anderson - Hogberg/Daccord

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think like other seasons the team that starts the season could change within a month & certainly will not be the same team that ends the season. IMO at some point next season leading up to the trade deadline Ottawa should move Tierny, Anisimov & Reilly if they can & maybe even Nilsson. It wouldn't surprise me if they signed Anderson to another yr, trade Nilsson at the deadline & go with Anderson & Hogberg for another yr or two.

Start of the Season:
Tkachuk - White - Ryan
Duclair - Tierny - C. Brown (Tierny traded by deadline)
Balcers - Anisimov - Batherson (Anisimov traded by deadline)
Paul - Chlapik - Hawryluk (Hawryluck traded by deadline)

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Reilly (Reilly traded by deadline)
Boroweicki - Zub (Boro traded by deadline)

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg (Nilsson or Anderson traded by deadline)

End of the Season:
Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Duclair - White - C. Brown
Formenton - Norris - Ryan
Paul - Chlapik - Balcers

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Brannstrom
Lajoie - Zub/Jaros

Anderson - Hogberg/Daccord

That’s a little to passive with Brown, Norris, and Form for my liking. If 1-2 of them show they are ready it’s time to get them NHL games at the start of the season.

Hawryluck just joined the org and Ryan and Arti can mentor in practice and the odd game. Next years trade deadline could be in April.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If Brown is not in the Sens line up to start the season, then I can see his camp demanding a trade.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Brown is not in the Sens line up to start the season, then I can see his camp demanding a trade.
If Brown is not in the Sens lineup to start the season in his draft+5 season then he's moving dangerously close to bust territory. Mann in Belleville had Norris being more ready. Brown has been the victim of bad luck. His career since being drafted seems to be in a get injured, recover, get up to speed, start dominating, get injured loop. He needs a big off season conditioning and strengthening wise. I hope he makes it

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are always injuries that can get these young guys into the lineup sooner, Ottawa has a few guys who seem injury prone. Anisimov, Tierny & White have contracts & unless they are traded I expect they will be in the lineup to start the season. There is no telling when PD will be able to move these guys, if last yr was any indication they waited to almost the trade deadline to move a number of guys.

I think it comes down to when they can move out some players for the prospects to get into the lineup, although I could see someone like Formenton blowing the doors off & replacing someone like Hawryluk in the lineup much sooner. Anisimov could end up like Boedker in & out of the lineup to make way for L. Brown, but Brown has had a number of injuries to deal with too in Belleville last yr & over his career.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They may start the Season quite late. There may be no AHL for every team which is horrible for the Sens being that they have a young team. This year would not be the best year to do that. One of Brown's significant problems is he has not been able to stay healthy. IMO if he did not make the Sens roster out of camp he would have broken down the door had he been able to stay healthy at the AHL level for the first couple of months. Hopefully the AHL can return by January or close to when the NHL will return.

Everyone sees Brown's potential offensively.. DJ is not going to give him a break because he is better blue line in than practically every other C we have .. imo including Norris when he is healthy. He is going to have to "work" and be very sound in his own end compared to the other options as well. The organization has to play a part in developing Brown as well.. which may go contrary to who DJ wants to play.

Reactions: thinkwild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad