2020/2021 line up

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Slow down ... I said we are thin at Center - even if Norris and White hit their ceilings. Cool if you agree or disagree.

PS. I’m pretty comfortable claiming White’s ceiling is less than Matthews, Stamkos, Bergeron etc.
me too. but were not thin at center. especially considering we have 2 top 4 pcks this year (looks like.) byfield.stutzle, brown Norris white. that's not thin at center for a rebuilding team.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
me too. but were not thin at center. especially considering we have 2 top 4 pcks this year (looks like.) byfield.stutzle, brown Norris white. that's not thin at center for a rebuilding team.

We don’t have Byfield or Stutzle... if we do that changes the perspective (which had nothing to do with my comment) but we could also have Laf and Drysdale.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Here is my stab at our roster next season. Assuming we draft 2 and 3 as currently projected.

Tkachuk "C"-Byfield-Batherson
Duclair-Stutzle-White
Brown-Tierny-Ryan "A"
Balcers-Norris-Anisimov

Chabot "A"-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Boroweicki

Hogberg
Nilsson

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Here is my stab at our roster next season. Assuming we draft 2 and 3 as currently projected.

Tkachuk "C"-Byfield-Batherson
Duclair-Stutzle-White
Brown-Tierny-Ryan "A"
Balcers-Norris-Anisimov

Chabot "A"-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Boroweicki

Hogberg
Nilsson

Boy oh boy would I be reinvigorated as a Sens fan next year if that were the line up. In 2d jerseys of course.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The dream:

• We land 1 and 3. Lafreniere goes first, Detroit takes Byfield, and we draft Stuetzle.
• I would expect both Lafreniere and Stuetzle to make the team.

Tkachuk - Stuetzle - C.Brown
Lafreniere - White - Duclair
Anisimov - Norris - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Ryan

Chabot - Zaitsev
Borowiecki - Brannstrom
Hainsey - Zub
Wolanin

• Stuetzle, Lafreniere and Norris are insulated by more established players.
• Hainsey re-signs for 1 year and rotates in with Brannstrom, Zub and Wolanin depending on match-ups and who's playing well.

This lineup, IMO, makes it possible for us to be a bubble team, likely finishing 9 to 11 in the East. Then, in 21/22, we start our runs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We don’t have Byfield or Stutzle... if we do that changes the perspective (which had nothing to do with my comment) but we could also have Laf and Drysdale.
even then, brown Norris white are not bad prospects to build on at center. but you disagree so that's that.

my poit is if youre looking for prospects that are or close guarantee to being as good as Tavares and stamkos youll always be left wanting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
im going to stick to my guns I swear stutzle just does not look like center. thts my own bias though we shall see.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
even then, brown Norris white are not bad prospects to build on at center. but you disagree so that's that.

my poit is if youre looking for prospects that are or close guarantee to being as good as Tavares and stamkos youll always be left wanting.

I don’t recall looking for anything - I recall saying that we are thin at Center. I followed it up by saying that our Center prospect ceiling are the below other centers in our division.

I don’t think they project to be as good as the players I mentioned that we play against ...

I heard we have a pick or two this year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t recall looking for anything - I recall saying that we are thin at Center. I followed it up by saying that our Center prospect ceiling are the below other centers in our division.

I don’t think they project to be as good as the players I mentioned that we play against ...

right those are the words you said. so it sparked a discussion. part of wich is me agreeing yes they are not Matthews and Tavares, but do they need to be?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
right those are the words you said. so it sparked a discussion. part of wich is me agreeing yes they are not Matthews and Tavares, but do they need to be?

It’s tough to win games when every team’s Center matchup is better than yours.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The dream:

• We land 1 and 3. Lafreniere goes first, Detroit takes Byfield, and we draft Stuetzle.
• I would expect both Lafreniere and Stuetzle to make the team.

Tkachuk - Stuetzle - C.Brown
Lafreniere - White - Duclair
Anisimov - Norris - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Ryan

Chabot - Zaitsev
Borowiecki - Brannstrom
Hainsey - Zub
Wolanin

• Stuetzle, Lafreniere and Norris are insulated by more established players.
• Hainsey re-signs for 1 year and rotates in with Brannstrom, Zub and Wolanin depending on match-ups and who's playing well.

This lineup, IMO, makes it possible for us to be a bubble team, likely finishing 9 to 11 in the East. Then, in 21/22, we start our runs.

I can't see us re-signing Hainsey, especially now that we have Zub. I think Jaros is ready to be a full time #6/7

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Laf and Drysdale isn't a possibility if the proposed lottery rules happen, unless we reach on drysdale and take him at 3rd,

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009

L. Brown/Norris have high ceilings imo. Brown being more risky and Norris not as high of a ceiling but there is still potential for these guys to be 1/2 centers.

White/Tierny/Paul to me are also solid 2 way centers to fill the bottom 2 Cs.

Add in whatever star centers we draft this year (byfield/stutzle/rossi) and it doesnt look to be that big of a weakness. Almost all those teams with star centers at 1/2 got them from the draft when they tanked in previous seasons, now its our time. I agree next year we are weak at C if Brown cannot step up but I expected 1 more tank year anyways before we compete for a playoff spot.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stamkos and point got obliterated by Columbus. Again only one center you mentioned was a key player in a cup win

OK... I think we are thin at Center ... you don’t or you don’t think it matters ... let’s move on... I’m sure I could cherry pick a few games/series, or find a coach or two who thinks the position is important .... lol.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Laf and Drysdale isn't a possibility if the proposed lottery rules happen, unless we reach on drysdale and take him at 3rd,

Great - so it is possible. It’s also possible we take Raymond or someone else. We could easily come out of this draft without a Center in our 2020 lineup.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
L. Brown/Norris have high ceilings imo. Brown being more risky and Norris not as high of a ceiling but there is still potential for these guys to be 1/2 centers.

White/Tierny/Paul to me are also solid 2 way centers to fill the bottom 2 Cs.

Add in whatever star centers we draft this year (byfield/stutzle/rossi) and it doesnt look to be that big of a weakness. Almost all those teams with star centers at 1/2 got them from the draft when they tanked in previous seasons, now its our time. I agree next year we are weak at C if Brown cannot step up but I expected 1 more tank year anyways before we compete for a playoff spot.

I like Logan Brown (a lot) but his ceiling is not equal to the top 1-2C’s in our division.

He had 7 goals last year and 14 the year before in the AHL. It will be a reach if he ever consistently gets 20G in the NHL.

Colin White is weaker than any second line Center on any team in our division. Norris looked good in his single game ... let’s see where that goes.

These guys have a long way of carrying play vs the top lines of good teams.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Great - so it is possible. It’s also possible we take Raymond or someone else. We could easily come out of this draft without a Center in our 2020 lineup.

It's pretty unlikely, which I think you probably understood was the point, and beyond that, if we land Lafreniere, we can get away with a weaker center so it's not really that big of a deal... In fact, I for one would be thrilled if we missed out on a center this draft because we landed Lafreniere and Drysdale. I'm sure Dorion would be too.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It's pretty unlikely, which I think you probably understood was the point, and beyond that, if we land Lafreniere, we can get away with a weaker center so it's not really that big of a deal... In fact, I for one would be thrilled if we missed out on a center this draft because we landed Lafreniere and Drysdale. I'm sure Dorion would be too.

Sure ... all I said was we are “thin” at Center. Just because I (or anyone ) thinks we would draft a Center at 2 or 3 doesn’t mean we will. We don’t even have those picks yet.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sure ... all I said was we are “thin” at Center. Just because I (or anyone ) thinks we would draft a Center at 2 or 3 doesn’t mean we will. We don’t even have those picks yet.

We're thin at every position if you want to get technical, it's kind of how it is with rebuilds.

We have loads of prospect depth though, and part of that is some pretty good center prospects in Norris and Brown, both of which are on the verge of being in the NHL next year, along with a couple top 6 picks in a center heavy top 9 of this years draft. Odds are very good we add at least one center in this years draft with those two picks, that might not happen, but like I said, odds are in our favour, that's all.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
We're thin at every position if you want to get technical, it's kind of how it is with rebuilds.

We have loads of prospect depth though, and part of that is some pretty good center prospects in Norris and Brown, both of which are on the verge of being in the NHL next year, along with a couple top 6 picks in a center heavy top 9 of this years draft. Odds are very good we add at least one center in this years draft with those two picks, that might not happen, but like I said, odds are in our favour, that's all.

Not sure - That is over simplifying things. We have a first line LW and D. I don’t see a 1C yet. Norris and Brown are probably our best shot at a 2C IMO. I think Norris is probably our 2-3 best option on wing too behind Brady with Bath.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Byfield going to Detroit is extremely marketable imo. They also have a glaring need for a number one center.

Lafreniere-Stutzle-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Duclair
Formenton-Brown-White
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown

Sheesh that’s amazing. Also Lafreniere-Chabot on the PP with Duclair as a one timer option is what I’ve been dreaming about the past few days.

Chabot-Jaros
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Borowiecki

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Byfield going to Detroit is extremely marketable imo. They also have a glaring need for a number one center.

Lafreniere-Stutzle-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Duclair
Formenton-Brown-White
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown

Sheesh that’s amazing. Also Lafreniere-Chabot on the PP with Duclair as a one timer option is what I’ve been dreaming about the past few days.

Chabot-Jaros
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Borowiecki

I think it’s going to be hard for DET to pass on Byfield and a lesser degree Stutzle.

Byfield’s potential marketing in Detroit is limitless and Yzerman has the makings of a Euro 5 man unit 2.0 forming.

Other the possibly BPA LAF is probably the least appealing option. DET trading or passing on LAF is a “remote” possibility.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think it’s going to be hard for DET to pass on Byfield and a lesser degree Stutzle.

Byfield’s potential marketing in Detroit is limitless and Yzerman has the makings of a Euro 5 man unit 2.0 forming.

Other the possibly BPA LAF is probably the least appealing option. DET trading or passing on LAF is a “remote” possibility.

It's impossible.

Any team takes Laf easy.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad