Chabot - Hainsey
Wolanin - Zaitzev
Brann - Jaros
Reilly - Boro

Nilsson
Hogberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why are we re-signing Hainsey... not really a fan.

Some lines I'd like to see, in no particular order;

Duclair-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Ryan
Balcers-White-C.Brown
Paul-Tierney-Hamryluk/Anisimov

alternate options, again not in any order:
Formenton-Norris-C.Brown
Tkachuk-L.Brown-Batherson
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Paul-Chlapik-Hawryluk

D-pair options
Chabot-...Zaitsev
Wolainin-Brannstrom
Boro/Reilly-Jaros

or

Chabot-Jaros (not that he's really ready for that)
Boro-Brannstrom
Wolanin-Zaitsev

Chabot-Brannstrom
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Boro/Reilly-Jaros

JBD will probably get some games to end this season, and might show he belongs, but I'd guess he needs a year in the AHL.

I suspect our top two picks this season get a long look but unless we get Lafreniere or Byfield I doubt they crack the team.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Will look way different with potential UFA signings and trades

Will be interesting to see what we do this summer. A year ago this time nobody would have thought we'd sign Ennis and Hainsey or trade Ceci for Zaitsev and Brown.

I wonder what DJ thinks of Peca. I admit I haven't really paid attention to him.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Lafreniere - Byfield - Duclair
Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Tkachuk - Tierney - C.Brown
Paul - White - Abramov

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Brannstrom
Hainsey - Jaros

Neilsson
Hogberg

Reactions: robsenz

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dont think if the sens draft Byfield he will be here next season. Too many young players ahead of him pushing and I think he needs more development time.

Also I think trying to predict right now with how many players are on expiring deals and the draft capital the team has its next to impossible.

They also have to get to the floor and I am not sure they can do that with the current make up.

I do truly believe that Formenton will make the team next year and is more of a lock than both Norris or Brown.

Dream lineup. (assuming they win the lottery getting both Lafreniere and Byfield and players continue to develop)

Lafreniere Tierney Duclair
Tkachuk L. Brown/Norris Batherson
Balcers White C. Brown
Formenton Paul Ryan

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Zaitsev
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilson
Hogberg

Reactions: Raze The Stray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I dont think if the sens draft Byfield he will be here next season. Too many young players ahead of him pushing and I think he needs more development time.

Also I think trying to predict right now with how many players are on expiring deals and the draft capital the team has its next to impossible.

They also have to get to the floor and I am not sure they can do that with the current make up.

I do truly believe that Formenton will make the team next year and is more of a lock than both Norris or Brown.

Dream lineup. (assuming they win the lottery getting both Lafreniere and Byfield and players continue to develop)

Balcers White C. Brown
Formenton Paul Ryan

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Zaitsev
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilson
Hogberg

If we get Byfield there's nothing wrong with having him playing junior again

I agree on Formenton. I think he makes it full time next year.

I am getting worried about Brown. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with his injuries

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This thread is kinda premature the lineup completely depends on who we end up drafting, haha.

No, not completely.

We still have untradeable players with contracts plus others that most would agree would be on the team. I suspect that Lafreniere is the only draft eligible player who will make the NHL next year and the probability of the Senators getting him is low.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
2020 OTT ARTI/FA RYAN
BRADY BROWN DUCLAIR
FORMENTON NORRIS BROWN
PAUL TIERNEY WHITE

Chabot, Boro, Z, Brann, Jaros, Reilly
Wolanin

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If we get Byfield there's nothing wrong with having him playing junior again

I agree on Formenton. I think he makes it full time next year.

I am getting worried about Brown. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with his injuries

I don't think Byfield is ready ... but there is a pressure for GM's to get these kids signed and in the organization.... I think he plays in the NHL next year (if he wants too).

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
I think we're going to see some moves in the summer that will surprise. If draft positions stay the same, I think our first rounder and the SJ first rounder have a great shot to make the team.

Then I also think we're going to see the acquisition of 2-3 players from outside the organization to play in the NHL.

I think we'll be really up in the air in terms of making lineups with any accuracy until after the 2nd week of free agency.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Can someone explain to me how everyone seems to agree that this is an unusually strong draft class, especially in the top 10-15, and yet so many people think almost none of these prospects are going to be in the NHL next year. The past five drafts average 3.2 players making the NHL the following season.

There's really no reason for Lafreniere, Byfield and Lundell not to be in the NHL next year.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Balcers White C. Brown
Formenton Paul Ryan

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Zaitsev
Borowiecki Brannstrom
Jaros

Nilson
Hogberg
Don’t you think whoever drafts Byfield will almost have to play him in the AHL. Not much value in sending him back to Junior.

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
I see all of Lafreniere, Byfield, Rossi, and Raymond starting in the nhl

Raymond has all of the talent and hockey sense to play in the NHL next year, but he's 165 lbs. This is why he's struggled in SHL this year, and players just get bigger and stronger in the NHL, and there's less time and space.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Don’t you think whoever drafts Byfield will almost have to play him in the AHL. Not much value in sending him back to Junior.
I don't think this route is allowed.

From what I have read, most scouts only seems to think Laff and Rossi have the most pro ready skill sets. Most think everyone else needs a bit more seasoning, including Byfield.

Reactions: bert

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Assuming we don't win the lottery and get a guy that can step in right away:

Tkachuk - Tierney - Brown
Duclair - Brown - Batherson
??????? - Anisimov - White
Formenton - Norris - Balcers
Paul, Chlapik

Chabot - Zaitsev
Boro - Brannstrom
Wolanin - ???????
Rielly

Nilsson
Hogberg

Would be hoping to add a young top 6 winger and young top 4 defenseman through trade, but if I had to guess we make a move for a middle 6 forward (eg. Kapanen/Johnsson) and re-sign Hainsey or sign Zub/Marchenko to be a cheap RD.

Going to be another rough season.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009

From what I have read, most scouts only seems to think Laff and Rossi have the most pro ready skill sets. Most think everyone else needs a bit more seasoning, including Byfield.

I've heard this too. With that said if we have the minutes I don't mind players playing in the nhl if they've earned the spot. I'm hoping that Logan sends em packing back to junior. I am really hoping next year is his year. Hes too smart not to eventually..

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010

... Lundell? Second in Liiga in corsi. Second on his team in FO%. He was already an effective player in World Juniors last year at 17. Decent size and he clearly already thinks the game at an NHL level.

Sending Byfield back to junior seems silly to me. He's too big, too fast, too strong for that league. Aside from the immensely diminishing returns, there's more risk of hurting his development by sending him back than there would be to play him in the NHL. He'd quite likely develop bad habits and get used to being able to lean on his size and skill. He's strong enough and fast enough to play in the NHL, he just needs to learn how to process and execute at the highest level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad